Which is better?

My DH and I have been on RC but thinking of going onto Celebrity. Looking to book our first Cel. Cruise soon but was just wondering which class of room is better...concierge or aqua. I thought it was aqua but on the celeb website the only difference I see is the blu restaurant for aqua class. my travel agent told me that with aqua you also get hors d'oeurves...but it doesnt say this on the website. It mentions it under the concierge class. Can anyone help? x

My DH and I have been on RC but thinking of going onto Celebrity. Looking to book our first Cel. Cruise soon but was just wondering which class of room is better...concierge or aqua. I thought it was aqua but on the celeb website the only difference I see is the blu restaurant for aqua class. my travel agent told me that with aqua you also get hors d'oeurves...but it doesnt say this on the website. It mentions it under the concierge class. Can anyone help? x

With Aqua Class you get all the benefits of concierge plus: Blu, free use of the Persian Gardens, free bottled water, upgraded massage shower, flavored tea ( I don't care for it) and free use of the Relaxation Room. There are dozens of threads on this topic and you may want to do a quick search. I would vote for AQ. I predict this thread will turn into a discussion concerning Blu. Most will say they love it, some will say they don't like it. I am in the "like it" group.

With Aqua class you won't be eating in the Main dining room. There is a smaller restaurnat and different menu. So if comparing to RCL and its costs, you won't be comparing apples to apples re food and atmosphere. If that makes any difference to you.

We look at the cost difference and decide if the pluses are worth that much more a day. If aqua is more than $30 -40 a day per person then we wouldn't choose that category. Others think it's worth more than that.

If you go aqua make sure you look at room choice carefully.

Thanks, can you eat in the main dining room too, or do u just go to blu? What other dining options are there? (including day time food). thanks xx

Yes you can eat in the MDR on a space available basis. Just because Blu is your assigned dining room, it doesn't mean you HAVE to eat there. We were in Aqua on the Eclipse and loved it. Of course we also love Concierge Class and wanted to try out Aqua and Blu. Most people will say they love Aqua mainly for the opportunity to dine in Blu. We would check out the menu that is posted in front of the MDR and Blu each morning and decide where we wanted to eat each night. Blu is not open for lunch.

There are several specialty restaurants as well depending on which ship you are sailing. On the Eclipse there's Bistro on 5 ($5pp cover) for crepes and sandwiches, Qsine (definitely different but fun $30 pp), Murano's ($35 pp) italian and Tuscany Grill ($35) a steakhouse. We didn't get a chance to try out Tuscany, but we did eat at the other specialy restaurants and they are all fantastic. The food and service on Celebrity is also very good in the MDR as well.

In the daytime, there's the buffet which has several stations including stir fry, salads, and carving station, pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs (the grill by the pool), sandwiches, etc. Bistro on 5 is also open during the day. Around 4:00 they will have small sandwiches, fruit and desserts and bring out the sushi around 5:30.

Room choice wise i'm only looking at staterooms with a stateroom above it...is that what u meant...fill me in please. My main thing for going on cruises is the food, so its pretty important that I try everything mmmm. With room service I've just read that aqua class have a different menu (healthier) but can I order junk too if I want to? xx

Room choice wise i'm only looking at staterooms with a stateroom above it...is that what u meant...fill me in please. My main thing for going on cruises is the food, so its pretty important that I try everything mmmm. With room service I've just read that aqua class have a different menu (healthier) but can I order junk too if I want to? xx

Both Concierge Class and Aqua class have an expanded room service menu. You can order all the regular room service items, but also have some additional options such as fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juice etc. With Aqua Class you receive all the Concierge Class perks as well as additional perks - so if the price difference is not great, then Aqua Class is a better choice. If food is important to you, definitely strongly consider Aqua Class as most find the food superior in Blu than the Main Dining Room. Also be sure to check out the specialty restaurants for at least a couple of meals; Celebrity really shines in this area and if you appreciate good food, then most people find them to be well worth the surcharge.

Room choice wise i'm only looking at staterooms with a stateroom above it...is that what u meant...fill me in please.

YES!:) You don't want to beneath any public space deck area.

That would not be a deal breaker for me. You have to be in the room when they are delivered and is nothing more than what appeared to be glorified cream cheese on crackers (4). I don't understand the big deal with that because I am sure you could order room service. Found it was easier to go to the coffee cafe and get the snacks from there, faster and better.

Blu is a little more upscale than the MDR and more intimate. That is the only perk of AQ over a regular balcony that we found to be of value. The rest is fluff. If it is more than $35 per day pp than a regular balcony you could just use the difference to eat in the specialty restaurants every day. When we had the AQ the cost was $150 pp more for 7 days. The next cruise we have booked the cost was an extra $600 pp over a regular balcony for a 12 day cruise. Didn't think it was worth the extra $1200 for us. We will sail like the steerage class and skip the perks. :eek: :rolleyes:

Archived