All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Trying to figure out if getting the soda package for my hubby is worth it. He drinks maybe 2- 3 sodas a day. How much is a can of coke going for on the ship. It's a 9 nine night cruise

Pam

Soda is $2.59 per can, including gratuity. Three cans per day and it would be worth it to get the package.

Trying to figure out if getting the soda package for my hubby is worth it. He drinks maybe 2- 3 sodas a day. How much is a can of coke going for on the ship. It's a 9 nine night cruise

Pam

Soda is $2.59 per can, including gratuity. Three cans per day and it would be worth it to get the package.

Just keep in mind that the package does not cover cans. It only covers fountain soda by the glass. So if he doesn't like the taste of fountain soda forget it.

Hi everyone,:)

Please tell me it will be alright in JS 9618. Apparently, it's directly underneath the Royal Suite you know the one with the piano:confused:

I do see that the piano sits on a carpet. So I hope it buffers the sound. But is it very distracting when it's played. Hopefully, the occupants will be considerate and not play it during the early morning.

Thank you

Liz

We have actually stayed in JS 9618 twice. There was absolutely no noise whatsoever. I had read the posts and was concerned but it worked out fine for us. Unfortunately, it depends upon who stays in the Royal Suite. -- Joan

We are cruising with friends in Nov on The Explorer, we are diamond, friends are not. I believe there is a diamond event usually held in one of the lounges on a nightly basis. Can our friends go in with us and just pay for their drinks or is it closed off so only diamonds are allowed in?

We are cruising with friends in Nov on The Explorer, we are diamond, friends are not. I believe there is a diamond event usually held in one of the lounges on a nightly basis. Can our friends go in with us and just pay for their drinks or is it closed off so only diamonds are allowed in?

There is usually a crewmember at the entrance checking SeaPass cards for Diamond level.

There is usually a crewmember at the entrance checking SeaPass cards for Diamond level.

Thank you. Next question....I signed up for MTD as soon as I saw it was released. There were no options between 630 and 730..would they have already been assigned or perhaps they do not seat people during that time?

Thank you. Next question....I signed up for MTD as soon as I saw it was released. There were no options between 630 and 730..would they have already been assigned or perhaps they do not seat people during that time?

Those times are probably booked already. You can try to change your time once on board, or just show up when you want. You don't need a reservation for MTD.

Just keep in mind that the package does not cover cans. It only covers fountain soda by the glass. So if he doesn't like the taste of fountain soda forget it.

Thank you both he doesn't mind fountain soda.

I was on that cruise in Sep. Both the EX and the Star were docked at King's Wharf in Bermuda. An intense squall moved in and the Star broke loose from her mooring. She drifted around and bumped into the EX but the damage was insignificant. You could see the dent in the back of the Star. Many pictures and videos were posted.

Luckily, no one on shore was hurt when the mooring cables snapped. Both ships were sailing that day, so no one missed the ship because sailing was delayed - lots of harbor police and small craft inspecting both ships. I thought for sailaway I would be having over the side waiting for the late arrivals. Instead everyone was in the aft watching the Star drift around.

Guest maddycat

Just show up at the time that you want and you will be seated. You might have to wait a few minutes. Reservations are really not necessary.

What was the star incident?

The Explorer of the Seas and Norweigen Star were docked Aft to Aft and in a wind/rain storm the mooring lines broke free on the Star and it drifted into the Explorer (we were in our aft cabin and saw it all coming) The damage seemed more on the Star but who knows. Just wondered if all fixed up.

Watch the second one and it looks like the Star barley touched the Explorer.

Yes, luckily, the Star drifted away from the dock somewhat but seeing that huge ship just break free and drift toward you was frightening. Who knew if it would hit with enough force to break our moorings loose. And after the hit it drifted out more and finally started and redocked. Our Captian did have our ship tied very well. I think we had 6 lines on each end of the ship, while the Star had 2 each. I remember wondering why we had so many more when we first docked. Glad we did.

I had been invited to the Captain's Table that night and pre-dinner the group was wondering if he was going to make it. He did arrive a little late and basically told us the EX was fine and that there was no damage.

Has anyone been in cabin 9690 recently? How many chairs\loungers on the balcony? Is there a flat screen or a tube TV? ( I know it shouldn't matter but hubby likes his TV)

Any recent pictures?

We are booked on this for the repositioning cruise in Nov of 2014.. Long way off but time seems to fly the older I get..

Thanks

Sochie

Explorer of the Seas, Southern Caribbean Adventure, 2014

Rhapsody of the Seas, Queensland Australia, 2012

Brilliance of the Seas, Egypt & Eastern Med 2010

Carnival Spirit, Mexican Riviera 2008

Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean 2006

Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal 2005

Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera 2004

Carnival Imagination, Western Caribbean 2003

Carnival Paradise, Western Caribbean 2002

Grandeur of the Seas, Southern Caribbean 2000

Legend of the Seas, Hawaii 1997

Carnival Fascination, Southern Caribbean 1994

Sovereign of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean 1992

Sunward II, Bahamas 1991

Carnival Jubilee, Eastern Caribbean 1990

We received our assignment for our balcony guaranty cabins. 7226 and 7228. Are there any cons to these cabins? I know it is pretty forward on the ship, mostly I am hoping there is nothing to obstruct the views, such as lifeboats. Anybody know?

We received our assignment for our balcony guaranty cabins. 7226 and 7228. Are there any cons to these cabins? I know it is pretty forward on the ship, mostly I am hoping there is nothing to obstruct the views, such as lifeboats. Anybody know?

I don't believe Explorer has any obstructed balconies, at least not due to lifeboats.

Obstructed views are not an issue on Voyager class ships. And the lifeboats hang on the outside of deck 5 so they will be two decks below you.

I've heard that Royal allows guests to check in a "factory sealed" case it bottled water tat can be delivered to your cabin. Anyone heard of this?

Technically against the rules, but frequently not enforced.

That's the thing. I'm hearing that recently others who have sailed on Explorer just placed a case of water with their checked bags. Out in the open the porter slapped a cabin sticker on it and it was delivered to their cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Has anyone been in cabin 9690 recently? How many chairs\loungers on the balcony? Is there a flat screen or a tube TV? ( I know it shouldn't matter but hubby likes his TV)

Any recent pictures?

We are booked on this for the repositioning cruise in Nov of 2014.. Long way off but time seems to fly the older I get..

Thanks

Sochie

Explorer of the Seas, Southern Caribbean Adventure, 2014

Rhapsody of the Seas, Queensland Australia, 2012

Brilliance of the Seas, Egypt & Eastern Med 2010

Carnival Spirit, Mexican Riviera 2008

Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean 2006

Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal 2005

Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera 2004

Carnival Imagination, Western Caribbean 2003

Carnival Paradise, Western Caribbean 2002

Grandeur of the Seas, Southern Caribbean 2000