Great Movies to Bring Along

CruiseGal97

I love cruising but driving the 14 hours to port will be boring:eek:. I have a portable dvd player and was wondering what movies that dont cost over lets say 10 to 15 $ would you recomend. :confused:

Thanks!;)

Always Love Feedback:D

could always log onto red box dot com and see if they have locations on your route. if so rent something b-4 you leave your home if you have one and then just return on your way or once you arrive at your destination. $1 per movie will get you a log way for not much $.

Have to agree if you are looking for a movie for the driver, please let us know when you are going so that we can stay out of your way.

As far as good movies, gosh . . . what an impossible questions everyone likes something different.

Have to agree if you are looking for a movie for the driver, please let us know when you are going so that we can stay out of your way.

As far as good movies, gosh . . . what an impossible questions everyone likes something different.

No i am just a passanger

it is impossible for us too tell you what you would like without any info about what your movie interest are. since you have a the portable dvd player already there must be movies that you already have. go with what you like too watch. we cant decide that for you.

I love cruising but driving the 14 hours to port will be boring:eek:. I have a portable dvd player and was wondering what movies that dont cost over lets say 10 to 15 $ would you recomend. :confused:

Thanks!;)

Always Love Feedback:D

Just asking for YOUR favs....not mine:rolleyes:

sorry, but your first post did not show me at all that you wanted ''our'' favorites but what we think you would like too take. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Poseidon, Titanic, Anchorman, Hangover (the 2nd one was hilarious if anyone was wondering :p), Fast and the Furious (any in that whole series), HARRY POTTER (ANY and ALL),...the list could go on forever.

Older generation but, Caddyshack, Animal House, any of the Vacation movies especially the 1st (Wally World here we come) and a completely different type one of my favorites of all time The Longest Day the story of D Day. This one alone will take over 2 hours. My DW has seen it so many times she even konow the lines.

Keith

Whatever you choose, don't forget the car charger!

What age are you and will there be any kids? Our car has the auxilary that we can put the cord into and it plays over the speakers. So our DD9 will play movies and watch and the HUbs and I can listen.

Target has a good elcetion now of $4.95 dvds that are funny- Superbad (no kids for that one), Talladaga Nights, Accepted, HouseBunny.....

Some of my favorites, and a lot of them are older movies so you could probably find them for less.

Men of Honor

Lord of the Ring Trilogy - that could take a while!

The Pianist, also a long movie

The Notebook

Hoodwinked

You could also buy a season DVD for a TV show you like. That would probably keep you busy a while. How I Met Your Mother is a show I've gotten into recently, even though it's been out a while. I also really liked Covert Affairs.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.....

Pirates of the Caribbean (any one of the three that are out on DVD)

Finding Nemo

Overboard

Up

Toy Story (any one of the three - or take all three)

2 of my favorite movies in there!!! I need ideas too, like GOOD comedys or suspense. I might bring Castaway (been a few years since I've seen it) or I am Legend, but I too, would like to find newers stuff I may have overlooked. Or as one poster mentioned Poseidon ( Think I missed that one)...I want movies for the hotel the night before and maybe some down time in the cabin,

Easy A

Clue (pretty old, based on the board game and is hysterical)

Mama Mia (the "extras" menu has the option to display lyrics so you can sing along to the musical numbers. although I don't know how much the others in the car would appreciate that. lol)

I agree with the person who said to pick a season of a tv show. How I Met Your Mother is great, so is Big Bang Theory. I'm also into nerdy stuff like National Geographic/Discovery Channel specials (shark week? haha). check with your local library about those. at my library the non-fiction dvds can be out for 3 weeks. free is a prety good price.

Archived