Want 14 day Cruise Without FLL stop Halfway

MichCook

We have a B2B booked on the Grand next winter. I am actually looking forward to the day in Fort Lauderdale just to see the turn around from on board. I could nicely do without two stops at Princess Keys however.

does it have to be Princess? Celebrity Eclipse does a nice one.

Hi Cruise Junky !

FYI - Celebrity Constellation offers the 14 night sailings this Winter season. Eclipse will be replacing Constellation on the 14 night itineraries for the 2012/2013 Winter season.

I agree with everyone, that if you are able to sail for 2 weeks, one 14 night itinerary is far more desirable than two 7 night sailings B2B, as much of the onboard features such as MDR cuisine, entertainment and activities are repeated.

On Celebrity, they make you go through the entire turnaround process when sailing B2B, and it's a real pain in the neck. I have to believe Princess does the same things. My question is... do they do it better ? On Celebrity, our couple of experiences with turnaround day, were very disappointing. For that reason, we avoid B2B sailings.

If Princess offers true 14 night Caribbean sailings from Ft Lauderdale in the future, we would definitely consider it.

Hi Cruise Junky !

FYI - Celebrity Constellation offers the 14 night sailings this Winter season. Eclipse will be replacing Constellation on the 14 night itineraries for the 2012/2013 Winter season.

I agree with everyone, that if you are able to sail for 2 weeks, one 14 night itinerary is far more desirable than two 7 night sailings B2B, as much of the onboard features such as MDR cuisine, entertainment and activities are repeated.

On Celebrity, they make you go through the entire turnaround process when sailing B2B, and it's a real pain in the neck. I have to believe Princess does the same things. My question is... do they do it better ? On Celebrity, our couple of experiences with turnaround day, were very disappointing. For that reason, we avoid B2B sailings.

If Princess offers true 14 night Caribbean sailings from Ft Lauderdale in the future, we would definitely consider it.

I've done a couple of B2Bs on Princess but non on Celebrity so I can't compare. It's not too tough on Princess. You're given your new cruise card towards the end of the first cruise..When we did it in LA, you just met in a lounge, had to walk off with your papers about 100 feet to an immigration official, hand him your customs card and walk right back on the ship. You can skip Muster as well on a B2B which is always nice. In San Fran last month we met in a lounge, we were called to disembark...hand your old card, activate your new one when you reboard.

We have a B2B booked on the Grand next winter. I am actually looking forward to the day in Fort Lauderdale just to see the turn around from on board. I could nicely do without two stops at Princess Keys however.

I especially enjoy leaning on a Lido guard rail watching the poor souls disembarking.:p

You're spot on about Princess Keys, but St Thomas deserves a second visit. Lots of options available there.

The back to back cruises are not our favorites either. Princess experimented with the Grand for a couple of years but have now done away with it. Your only solution in the caribbean is a shorter 10 day cruise or a repo at the beginning or end of the season. :cool: Holland America also offers a few 14 night options if you want to try a different cruise line.

We've been tossing around the idea of a B2B (or 14 day) as well. However I was wondering, do you still have to do the Safety/Muster Drill for the second half?

Anne

No. That's the second best thing of a B2B - the first is watching everyone get off while you are staying on.

I've done a couple of B2Bs on Princess but non on Celebrity so I can't compare. It's not too tough on Princess. You're given your new cruise card towards the end of the first cruise..When we did it in LA, you just met in a lounge, had to walk off with your papers about 100 feet to an immigration official, hand him your customs card and walk right back on the ship. You can skip Muster as well on a B2B which is always nice. In San Fran last month we met in a lounge, we were called to disembark...hand your old card, activate your new one when you reboard.

You should not have needed to turn in a customs card since you were not bringing anything into the country on turnaround day.

The meeting and getting off and then back on a ship is only if you want to stay on the ship at least until all disembarking passengers have departed.

You also have the option of getting off anytime after disembarkation starts. However, you cannot return until disembarkation is complete. Anytime after that you can return bypassing all the check-in lines. Just display the "in transit" card you will be given when you get your new cruise card the day before turnaround.

Archived