Want 14 day Cruise Without FLL stop Halfway

MichCook

We were looking to book a 14 day Caribbean cruise in Jan or February 2013 without returning to Fort Lauderdale, but they all return to Fort Lauderdale half way through the itinerary.

Liked the itinerary A303A, but for the return to Fort Lauderdale in the middle.

We just loved the 14 day Feb 2009 Caribbean Collection cruise on the Grand.

Hope Princess will reinstate a couple of true 14 day cruises in Jan/Feb to mirror that mix of ports and sea days.

does it have to be Princess? Celebrity Eclipse does a nice one.

Wouldn't matter to me, but, DH is very comfortable with the Princess brand. But, I'll look into it....maybe can catch him in a weak moment. LOL

I'm not sure I'd want to take a 14-day cruise that was really two 7-day cruises back-to-back. You'd have the same menus and entertainment the second week (although I guess that could be a benefit if you wanted repeats of either).

I'm not sure I'd want to take a 14-day cruise that was really two 7-day cruises back-to-back. You'd have the same menus and entertainment the second week (although I guess that could be a benefit if you wanted repeats of either).

I would hope they didn't have the same menus and the same entertainment when it it sold as a 14 day cruise! Is that your experience on such a cruise?

I thought about that after we had already booked our b2b 7days cruises. But it was pointed out to me that as I "probably" wouldn't have tried each of the entrees every night it wouldn't be a problem. There have been times in the past where I have trouble choosing so this time I'll know I can always try the other one next week!:D

I would however prefer a true 14 day cruise where you don't circle back 1/2 way through the cruise.

Depending on the resources on board the CD will try to mix it up a bit, but there will be some duplication of menus and activities....

I would hope they didn't have the same menus and the same entertainment when it it sold as a 14 day cruise! Is that your experience on such a cruise?

Several years ago, we booked two 7 days cruises as a B2B; there were a lot of passengers from the UK, where it had been sold as a 14 day cruise.

The meals and the entertainment were the same each week.

This is the exact reason that those two B2B 7 day cruises do not interest us in the least. The 14 day sailings were fantastic, but booking a B2B of 7 dayers.................not in this lifetime for us. I don't like repeat performances of food or entertainment. :(

Agree. We did the 14 day Southern Caribbean in January (on the Grand). Wonderful, and you get to visit more islands if they don't go all the way back to Florida in the middle. The ship was full. I don't understand why they changed it. It has to cost a LOT of fuel to go back to Florida in the middle.

We were looking to book a 14 day Caribbean cruise in Jan or February 2013 without returning to Fort Lauderdale, but they all return to Fort Lauderdale half way through the itinerary.

Liked the itinerary A303A, but for the return to Fort Lauderdale in the middle.

We just loved the 14 day Feb 2009 Caribbean Collection cruise on the Grand.

Hope Princess will reinstate a couple of true 14 day cruises in Jan/Feb to mirror that mix of ports and sea days.

Check Jan 12 2013 grand 14 days leaves fll returns back to fll 14 days later

Check Jan 12 2013 grand 14 days leaves fll returns back to fll 14 days later
The Jan. 12, 2013 is a b2b just like all the others. Check the itinerary ... it returns to Fort Lauderdale on day 8.

It appears that they can market a 7 day cruise to more people than a 14 day in this economy. To us it doesn't matter either was since we've seen all the islands numerous times & a day in ft Lauderdale is just another relaxing pool day with a trip to total wines in the early morning to stock up. The menu's are identical as are the production shows but the guest entertainers do change.

We did a B2B with the Sapphire Princess May 7th and Golden May 14th. The menus were IDENTICAL even though they were different ships. Sigh...

Entertainment at least was different. Katherine

I've always thought it would be fun to do a B2B where I watched everyone getting off knowing I didn't have to. I guess it is a wasted day if you could be at another port. I always thought it would be the day I would do laundry, enjoy a relaxing lunch and just relish having the ship to "myself" for a few hours.

HAL and Celebrity offer 14 day Caribbean itineraries with no return to FLL in the middle. Check them out. I think it's a shame Princess got rid of the true 14 day on the Grand. I would have loved to do that one over Christmas one year, and then they got rid of it. But, the 14 dayers probably didn't sell as well as Princess would like, and a 7 day B2B version is more easily marketable, unfortunately.

Archived