PRIDE - Past, Present, Future - This is the place for you!!

Greengirl

My wife and I were on the Carnival Pride in October '04. We have sailed the Mexican Riviera several times before because of the convenient proximity to Phoenix.

I can say without a doubt, that we enjoyed the Carnival Pride more than any cruise we've been on. We enjoyed it so much that I booked again for the 4/17 sailing. This time, we're going with our children and my parents.

The Pride is a very well maintained ship. Last year, I heard that it got one bad CDC score. But since then, it's been getting 100's. IMO, the Spirit-class ships have a much better feel than Fantasy, Destiny or Conquest Class ships, and they're prettier too. The Renaissance lobby under the red glass integrated into the stack is beautiful. The acrylic stairs from the Lido to the Sun deck that go to David's supper club are enough to scare the **** out of you! See through stairs...10 decks straight down!

On Spirit ships, there's only one dining room. That makes it much easier to get from one end of the ship to the other. The ships flow nicely.

The only thing I really like better about the Conquest Class ships are the Lido restuarants. They feel much more spacious and have a great seating area on the 2nd level by the fish & chips restaurant. The upstairs eating area is never crowded. Otherwise, I don't think the size difference is noticeable and Spirit class ships feel more spacious.

One word of warning. Be careful with mid-ship cabins on Panorama deck. That deck is right below the Lido deck and our last cabin was very noisy, day and night.

The Karaoke lounge on the Pride is a lot of fun, even if you just lurk. It was always hard to find a seat in there.

Overall, you'll enjoy the Carnival Pride. My wife and I think it's the prettiest of the Spirit Class ships and the crowd seems to be just the right mix. Not too rowdy, not too frumpy. Just right. Since Carnival changed their policies about booking frat boys, things have gotten a lot better.

We also really enjoy getting to know members of the crew and hearing their stories. The Pride really had a friendly crew last time.

I hope you enjoy the Pride as much as we did...and will soon.

I am so glad I started this thread!! Love hearing about the Pride :)

Toddv - I've been 29 for 6 years now too ;)

scrapcreator - talking about the kid's club is not hijacking this thread - I'm taking my four kids - bring on the info!

schpsych - I just love Mark Lodi's photos. His review of the Pride was awesome. I've been a "fan" of his Pride stuff for a while now :)

Please keep it coming folks. I want continuous Pride stuff until we leave - in 5 months!!

:)

We have a large group going on the Pride on June 26, 2005. All of us in our group met on the Triumph in 2003 and promised to cruise again in two years. The two years is up and we are counting the days.

We even set up a thread on Roll Call called "Triumph's Pride June 2005". I think we are on page 8 or 9 at this point.

We cruised on the Pride during her inaugural season, Feb. 2002. The best cabins are Cat. 8I #8232, 8234 (HP) & 8239, Cat 8G, #7258, 7260 (HP) & 7303 or Cat. 8e #6232, 6234 (HP) or 6281. All these Cat. 8's have huge or larger balconies. All cabin sizes are the same 185 SF. Easy access to the elevators without the noise too. Loved the Lido buffet set up with so many stations having different styles of food. Stern pool is nice but windy sometimes. The kids seem to have a great time with Camp Carnival counselors. They are pretty protective and wouldn't let us "peak inside" as we didn't have children traveling with us (this is a good thing parents). The Camp and arcade are tucked out of the way at the end of the inside garden walkway which was a cozy quiet spot on gray days. Also loved the Legend, too.

Bon Voyage

I am so excited to see this thread! We are sailiing 8/21 on the Pride also!! I can not wait! My dh thinks I'm a total nut because I have spent so much time here on these boards :) Thanks you everyone who has sharedyour experiences! I was wondering those of you who took the Mexican Riveria cruise what your favorite exursions were? There are so many to choose from!

We have sailed the Pride on both coast and I must say that she is by far our favorite ship. There is just something about her layout that makes it so easy to find your way and never feel crowded. The design also always made you feel energized and excited. We just did the Diamond Princess on the same route as the Pride and we deffinately missed the longer time that she spends in ports and her great feel.

We sailed the Pride out of Port Canaveral a couple of years ago. It was our first Carnival cruise and we were a bit skeptical. But it became our favorite ship very quickly! The balcony cabin was great, as was the food, service and shows. Our favorite "getaway" spot was the little used areas to each side of the Taj Mahal.....just a narrow passageway with lots of seating and views of the ocean...a good place to be alone. We really were disappointed to see the Pride moved. We are sailing on the Glory on September 3, but it seems most who have sailed both still prefer the Pride. I hope we will not be disappointed. I know you won't! Have fun! By the way..you just gotta spend the $ 25.00 per head to go to David's supper club one night...well worth it.

Our group is going on the Pride 2/5/06. How is the weather this time of year in that area?

My DH and I are also traveling on the Pride during the week of 2/5/06. We were on the Pride 2/6/05 and had a wonderful time! The weather on that particular trip wasn't the greatest - cloudy and a little cooler with rain in Cabo (our best days were 2 days in port - PV & Mazatlan). But we didn't really care as we were having to much fun! We have cruised the Mexican Riviera around the same time in the past and the weather has been gorgeous! I think the weather this year has been a bit funky (I know it has been where we live in SW Utah). Generally, the first and last sea days are a little on the cool side. After a couple of foo-foo drinks you don't really care about the weather! ;)

Thank you for starting this thread. We are sailing in October with family (the big 50 birthday cruise). I have mostly been lurking on this board, trying to find out as much as I can about the Pride before we sail.

I'd still like to hear more about the kids programs on the Pride since we will have a few with us (not to hijack the thread).

Jeanne

We just got off the Pride on Sunday. AMAZING crew....can't say enough about the whole experience.

Anyway, I noticed you wanted more info on Camp Carnival Kids Club. We took our 8 and 11 year old. They both went the first day and unfortunately, never went back. The 11 year old never found any friends and felt very uncomfortable at the camp and my 8 year old was bored out of her mind. NOW, saying all that......there were plenty of kids in there that seemed to be just fine with it. The counselors were all friendly......I just probably have the ONLY two high maintenance kids on the ship. Our kids just wanted to be with us and actually, we felt the same way after missing them so much the first day. My 8-year old DID decide to go to the 6-8 year old midnight party. She really liked that night, but we have been back two days now and she still hasnt gotten her sleep back from it.

Hope that helps......but, it's just one moms experience with it! I have read tons of reviews where the younger kids loved it!!

:o WE sailed the PRIDE in May of 2003 on our honeymoon. We LOVED IT! It was our first cruise too. I dont remember the cabin number but hubby surprised me with a CAT 11 suite...it was amazing! Huge room with a full size jacuzzi tub and shower...double sinks too with a dressing and vanity area and closets with shelves etc...THE ONLY WAY TO GO...in my opinion...lol...

The ship itself I thought was beautiful with tons of things to do and the service was GREAT! We had a wonderful steward. The games and shows were great too!

You will definitley LOVE IT! WE actually did the Eastern Caribbean on the PRIDE.

Now doing it again in just over 30 days...but the GLORY this time.

HAVE FUN! No reason NOT TOO!

Julie :D

Carnival GLORY - April 30th, 2005

RCL - Monarch of the Seas February 18, 05

Carnival PRIDE - May 3, 2003

Hello,

My wife and I took our first cruise on the Pride in May 2004. We originally booked an inside cabin, figuring we would spend a lot of time out of the cabin, about a week before our cruise we were notified that Carnival had upgraded our cabin to a 7a obstructed view balcony cabin (#5165). We were happy to have a balcony cabin for our first cruise, even if we could see the top of a lifeboat. But hey, if the ship were going down we'd be the first off ;-).

We thought the ship was beautiful and very easy to navigate. We had a late seating for dinner which we thought was great. We got ready in the evening, had a cocktail before dinner and never felt rushed, especially on Port days.

Greg the CD was great and very personable, I think he's gone now, not sure of when he was retiring but it is/was fairly recent. The current itinerary is good, but beware the first and last days of the cruise are fairly cool and breezy no matter what time of year you cruise. My wife and I have 3yr old twin daughters but we did not take them on the cruise so I can't comment on any of the kids programs but I can tell you there were a lot of kids on ship and I never noticed any of them running around uncontrollably so there must have been plenty to do for them. One other Caveat, if you can find out when the crew has to undergo their 90 day immigration checks I would avoid cruising on that date. Embarkation/Disembarkation is BRUTAL! We were embarking on one of these immigration checks and it was not a good way to start off a cruise. The Carnival Pride is a GREAT ship and I can't wait to go again.

We're sailing the Pride on April 10th. This is a last-minute cruise for us. We just booked a few days ago! I'm so excited, I'm developing a one-track mind (I think my husband wishes I would develop a DIFFERENT kind of one-track mind)!

Thanks, ciship, for the Camp info. I'm reading your Pride review thread with interest, too. Great detailed review. Can't wait for the rest.

I figure dd (10) won't spend tons of time at Camp, but I'm hoping she finds a few activities that she enjoys. Someone posted the Camp ******** sheets and I'm going to print them off for dd.

We took a Disney cruise in Oct. and we let her pick and choose activities and she had a great time.

Jeanne

My sister and I will be on the Pride April 10th, this is our second cruise together and we are very excited!! We have one of the Cat. 11 aft wrap-around

cabins and can't wait to sit on the balcony with our coffee watching the world go by!!

(Maybe not just coffee but hey we're over 21 and not driving):D

I wish someone on here would organize a group cruise on the Pride. I'd love to sail on her again but just paid deposits on another cruise so the 25 pp deposit would be nice! June 2006 would be a perfect time :-)

My sister and I will be on the Pride April 10th, this is our second cruise together and we are very excited!! We have one of the Cat. 11 aft wrap-around

cabins and can't wait to sit on the balcony with our coffee watching the world go by!!

(Maybe not just coffee but hey we're over 21 and not driving):D

Kris12,

You will love your aft-wrap around. We had one when we sailed the Pride this last year. When we were at sea, we spent lots of time just relaxing (and eating and drinking) on the balcony. It was the best.

• 1 month later...

I have plotted a very big surprise for my parent's 50th! I have purchased a CAT 11 (8273)aft cabin for them on pride. What they do not know is all of thier children and grandchildren are booked on the cruise as well(8116,8118,8112,8114). Other family friends are booking it as a surprise as well(8120). I really hope we can all keep our lips sealed:rolleyes:. Good of you to start this tread, Ill check it from time to time. Our sailing is 06/25/06.

Ecstasy Feb 2002

Holiday April 2004

Archived