PRIDE - Past, Present, Future - This is the place for you!!

Greengirl

Ty, have you tried calling a local large TA? If you are in need of a handicapped cabin, this is one of the 3 best in this category. The other 3 cabins next door on the other side of the elevators decks 6, 7 & 8) are the regular cabins but also with a huge deck. I have had 8232 and 6232. Your TA should be able to get you the best rate even 5% lower than on Carnival's web site. I use an American Express agency and even in Canada, I have no doubt they are big producers. You also may wish to start a new thread about your needs as this one is pretty old and not active (6/05).

Pride on the Mexican was fine. When do you wish to sail? It was pretty cool out on deck & balcony on Monday and Saturday at sea.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Thanks for the advice, I will check it out. I am booking for August 2007 one week cruise - one week at Grand Californian, Disneyland :p

I sailed on the Pride in May 2005 and loved it. It was a bit cooler than i thought it would be that time of year. Traveling back to Long Beach it was too cool to lay in the sun. I was very happy with the Pride and the itinerary. We did not request a handicap room, but one assigned to us. We called the purser's office just to make sure someone else might not need it and was told no...also told them if someone got hurt during the cruise to let us know and we could move...never had too. Again, yes the bath is large, but frankly I missed the couch. Can't remember the room number, but had the extended balcony, which once you are on it doesn't seem that much longer. I loved the decor of the ship and especially liked running in from the deck for high tea and listening to the music, just wonderful. Food was good, we ate one night in the special fee restaurant, food was fantastic, our waitress stunk (there were some single guys and she flirted with them and ignored us)...I had given her a substantial tip, but at once point we couldn't even get her to look at us, I totally removed the tip! But again the food was incredible, so I would still recommend. I liked Matzalan the best, you will find a tour guide call Matzalan Frank on the forums who is the best. We were with him all day and it was a highlight of the entire cruise.

If you have time, book a pre cruise night on board the Queen Mary...she still has a lot of charm although frankly they need to charge more and do a lot of updates. If you don't want to stay on board at least go Sunday morning for the brunch, I was truly impressed with the food and the service. The Legends and Ghost tour of the ship is a blast...has a Disney spin to it! Hope this helps a bit. On the whole go for it and enjoy, we sure did.

I read someplace a while ago that the roof that covers the aft pool on the Pride was broken. Does anyone know if this was fixed. Going in Dec. and am thinking it would be good on a cool day.

Thanks,

JoAnn

Hi Lydia, you have been a huge help. I will definately fly in the day before and stay on The Queen Mary. The tour sounds wonderful and right up my 13 year old daughters alley :D

I really don't know anything about Carnival and I am totally unfamiliar with the Pride. I will be doing a lot of research between now and sail time. Thanks for the tip on Mazatlan.

I guess I will start a thread about for recommendations for cabins, I would feel guilty booking a WC cabin when I didn't really need it no matter how great the balcony is.

Glad to hear you liked the decor and the food was good. Bad waitress!! flirting :rolleyes:

John - are you local (California)? You mentioned the Jubilee in another thread and the Elation. All sailing from here. Not nosy, just curious :)

Greengirl,

I'm also a So Cal resident and I've sailed the TROPICALE, JUBILEE, ELATION and the PRIDE out of LA (the later out of Long Beach). :)

You'll love the PRIDE. Beautiful ship, great itinerary, and NO AIR ! ! :D

Oh yea, your 13 year old will really love the ghost tour. I warn you our room on the Queen Mary was a bit sparce, little or no decorations and the rug was very worn, but I still loved it! When you go into the bathroom there was originally 4 types of water, hot and cold fresh water and hot and cold sea water, back then they thought sea water was a health cure.

I have cruised Carnival 7 times and have always been pleased, it is not as fancy as some other ships, but I think you get a lot of bang for your buck. They have a reputation for being only party boats and I don't think that is really true, yea there are always some people that just want to drink and party, but not all over the ship. It is a good mix of families, singles, young and old. You asked about seating and I always like the late seating especailly if you are on shore all day...you have a bit to relax and clean up. There are a lot of games and things for the kids to do and I enjoyed relaxing around the pool. Although pricey I did do the swim with the dolphins and was very impressed at the good care they give all the animals, figured it was a one time thing and splurged.

The additional advantage of staying on the Queen Mary is that is literally a short walk to the Pride, you can see one ship from the other one and you do get early entry onto the Pride if you wish (we stayed on the Queen Mary for the brunch which was about $30, but honestly worth every penny)

You can find additional info on Matzalan Frank under the Matzalan forum. Others really like horse back riding at Randi's and bet you 13 year old would enjoy that too. I sure hope you have a great time. Lydia

We were on the 3rd voyage of the Pride in January 2002. We had an obstructed view on the ship (a great price). We loved the ship, food, staff...everything about that cruise was wonderful! It was so great that we booked the Spirit for 2004 and went to the Southern Caribbean. The ships were identical for the most part. The only exception was some of the artwork. We had an extended balcony on the 2004 cruise on the Spirit. We just did our first RCCL (Mariner) cruise 2 weeks ago and loved it! We found it very comprable to the Pride & Spirit in pretty much every way. We thought these 2 ships were BETTER than the Caribbean Princess in EVERY way (our Sept. 2005 cruise) and would probably not cruise Princess again. Highly recommend these ships.

We were on the 3rd voyage of the Pride in January 2002. We had an obstructed view on the ship (a great price). We loved the ship, food, staff...everything about that cruise was wonderful! It was so great that we booked the Spirit for 2004 and went to the Southern Caribbean. The ships were identical for the most part. The only exception was some of the artwork. We had an extended balcony on the 2004 cruise on the Spirit. We just did our first RCCL (Mariner) cruise 2 weeks ago and loved it! We found it very comprable to the Pride & Spirit in pretty much every way. We thought these 2 ships were BETTER than the Caribbean Princess in EVERY way (our Sept. 2005 cruise) and would probably not cruise Princess again. Highly recommend these ships.

atlcple2, What deck were you on? Was the "view" that bad? Do you have any pics of your cabin??

THANKS!!!:D

Our family of 8 was on the Pride Feb. 2002 so she was pretty new and wonderful. We had cabins on deck 5 forward port side. OK, I just went and got my Carnival book out and it was 5122, 24 and 26. Close to Camp Carnival so kids would run down the hall sometimes - not bad. We didn't realize on this first Spirit Class cruise that the balcony dividers could be opened upon request but I kept looking at them, convinced it could be done. We booked the Legend the following year and I knew before hand it could and would be done. It was awesome to have 3 dividers open. The following year, we had cabins 6228, 6230 and 6232 and 6232 is AWESOME because it has a HUGE balcony. Once we opened up all the dividers, you could open an bowling alley out there!!!!! LOVED IT!!!! 6232 is a quad but if you can get the ones above or below it, lookes like they are doubles. I LOVE the Spirit Class ships. Just the right size. Just booked the Triumph for 9/23 and worry about how big it is and how crowded it will be. Miracle was just a little too much - trying to take a "Cheap" vacation. Pray for no hurricanes!!!!

Well guys/gals, thanks for the posts!!!

Going on our 1st cruise, on The Pride 10/22/06……

Can’t wait keep posting, especially the pictures….

Make sure you look at Ron's pictures. The man is a poet with a camera!!

I'll be sailing on the Pride to the Mexican Riviera on January 7, 2007 and I can't wait!!! It will be my second cruise on Carnival and if I half as much fun on this cruise as I did the Triumph . . . wow! I'll be traveling with my twenty-nine year old son and we've booked an 8A (my first balcony . . . usually travel alone and can't afford a balcony with the dreaded single supplement). Has anyone stayed in 4170 on the Main Deck (or any balcony cabin on the Main Deck)?

OK, people anybody just get back.??????

Thoughts??

Any new pics???

:confused:

No - but hubby is a Raider fan, so I thought I'd say Hello!

Actually - we are going on the Pride 3 weeks from today! :D I will be happy to post a link to my pics once I get them up!

Archived