Proper dining attire for my 14 yr old daughter

jozie

I will be travelling on Carnival for 7 days and my 14 yr old daughter has 2 formal dresses and 1 sundress. The only capri's she has are denim and she does not have any dress slacks. Do you think she can do jeggings and a nice top and sandals for dining in dining room? I know if I buy her dress pants/capri's it will lead to a new top and new shoes, so I am trying to get away with the barest minimum! Thanks!

IMHO, tee shirts never belong in any dining room. :eek:

Im not sure about jeggings but why not black leggings and a really nice longer top, and sandals. Voila. Not expensive and perfectly cute for her age. (you can do an outfit like this from any TJMAXX or Ross shops for $15-$20)

I don't know what jeggings are, but if that's a typo and you meant leggings I agree for a young teen those can be cute with a nice longer tunic/short dress type top and strappy sandals. This was a real popular look last year but I'm sure it's still around. No need to spend a ton of money.

Ahhh never heard of them, but I have boys :-) and work in a no-jeans office so the younger people couldn't/wouldn't wear these although they do wear solid color leggings with dresses in chillier weather. Jean tights might be hot? Hopefully the OP is heading for Alaska. A cute top that covers the behind and come to the thigh might work with these in a dining room.

Thank you for all your responses. I will try to buy her ONE pair of capri's that will go with all her tops she is bringing (a tough one for her!) and be comfortable with the other dresses she is brining. As for wearing a dress twice? I highly doubt it! LOL! Thanks again.

My daughter is a little older and wears leggings under tunics/mini skirts all the time. When we cruised with her (RCI) she didn't dress any differently than she would going to school.

She doesn't even own a pair of jeans.

I think she will be fine, jeans are acceptable, leggings are acceptable. Speaking as a mom I'd advise not to battle over it, also the fact that if you buy her pants she wouldn't wear at home, she won't ever wear them and you have just wasted your money. Put the money into a few nicer tops instead (ones that she will wear at home).

thank you. That is exactly how I feel, like the money will be wasted, cause I have done it plenty of times before. She has plenty of nice tops she is bringing so I am not even going to bring up the subject! Whew that's a load off my mind. Thanks again.

Archived