If you could change anything about Carnival?

DZNYROX

I saw a post similar to this but asking about the website but im curious if you could change anything about Carnival ships or anything what would it be??:D

Guess My 6 cruises on Carnival have been filled with fun and laughter that I wouldn't change anything. I'm on vacation and I'm having fun no matter what!!!!! Kinda tired of negatives, if you don't like Carnival anymore, why do you cruise them? I have been on two other lines and had fun on them too!

Guess My 6 cruises on Carnival have been filled with fun and laughter that I wouldn't change anything. I'm on vacation and I'm having fun no matter what!!!!! Kinda tired of negatives, if you don't like Carnival anymore, why do you cruise them? I have been on two other lines and had fun on them too!

Not like Carnival? I love Carnival. Was just curious what kind of things people would change. I have been on 3 cruise lines and loved all 3. I was on Vacation!!:D

Not like Carnival? I love Carnival. Was just curious what kind of things people would change. I have been on 3 cruise lines and loved all 3. I was on Vacation!!:D

Just a respectful request - would you mind either shrinking your sig a little, or unchecking the sig box on subsequent posts in a thread? I enjoy looking at sigs, but those large pics are a little excessive. Thanks.

Just a respectful request - would you mind either shrinking your sig a little, or unchecking the sig box on subsequent posts in a thread? I enjoy looking at sigs, but those large pics are a little excessive. Thanks.

right? it's two pages of waste.

don't forget an alternate is to block the poster. unfortunately, it blocks the verbiage too.

My 1st cruise was less than stellar and I still gave them 5 stars. The food sucks but I'm freshly booked for another cruise... ON CHRISTMAS!!! :eek:

Someone accurately described the food on Carnival as "HomeTown Buffet" style and they were so right. Limp toast, greasy greasy sausages, none of my food was ever "hot" but again, I still had fun because I jumped both feet into the experience knowing my food would suck.

My family had described Midnight BBQs and chocolate feasts and fountains, Taco Nights and great salads. I got none of that on Carnival. Oh well.

Carnival is the entry level for cruising - as soon as you accept that, you're good.

Happy Sailing Everyone! :cool:

I happen to agree with the whole on Vacation mind set. That said I would love to see the beer/drink hawkers slack off a little bit. It seems to be a race as to who can get to you 1st. Of course this slacks off as the days go by but day one is a killer for me. I avoid the Lido when we get on for this reason

I happen to agree with the whole on Vacation mind set. That said I would love to see the beer/drink hawkers slack off a little bit. It seems to be a race as to who can get to you 1st. Of course this slacks off as the days go by but day one is a killer for me. I avoid the Lido when we get on for this reason

Wow - let me understand: You are complaining because the drink service is too efficient?

Wow - let me understand: You are complaining because the drink service is too efficient?

I kind of understand their point. The servers do seem to zero in on people that first day. I don't see it as much later in the week. Perhaps as time passes, they realize we are not "Lido Deck drinkers"! When we are out on Lido deck, we probably just grabbed a burger or something. We don't hang by the pool.

It doesn't bother us, we just say "no thanks"!

Tom

TY for asking so nicely already done

Edited by DZNYROX

See above poster sheesh talk about waste:rolleyes:

open cruise critic on a portable device and see how many rolls one has to do just to get to the next post, on pix you can hardly see.

Also, can you uncheck "signature" on subsequent posts within a thread so that pix only you enjoy can be attched?

I wish they would change their loose smoking policy. You can't enjoy the entertainment in the lounges if you don't smoke.

I guess you don't keep up with the news but they did just announce the new smoking restrictions.....Should I guess that they were not good enough for you?

Carnival should go back to giving us SOLO CRUISERS a discount like they did in the previous years.

Management should own up to their booking mistakes. They make many mistakes but they never admit to them. I end up having to forgive them.

They should let us be able to do a "name change" on the Early Saver since most of us have had the experience of friends and family members changing their minds about not going on a cruise. For example: I paid for a relative to cruise with me and he can't cruise with me and I can't do a name change to invite another friend to cruise with me. I end up cruising solo.

I agree with solo cruiser discounts. There is a large market for solo travellers. I went on the NCL Epic last fall. They have 128 "single studios" on that ship specifically designed for the solo traveller along with the single studio lounge (called The Living Room) for their exclusive use with a private happy hour every evening with 2 for 1 drinks, etc. It was lots of fun meeting other solo travellers and making new friends. I understand that Royal Caribbean is refurbishing 5 of their older ships to accommodate solo travellers. Hope Carnival gets the memo.

What I would love to have on a cruise is good jazz music. Some of the cruise ships have a jazz club, but use it for karioke.

The best way to enjoy some "good jazz music" is to book a chartered Jazz or Smooth Jazz cruise. Granted, you are going to pay a premium for that - but you'll get what you desire.

The musical talent is hit/miss (mostly miss) on Carnival.

Tom

I agree with solo cruiser discounts. There is a large market for solo travellers. I went on the NCL Epic last fall. They have 128 "single studios" on that ship specifically designed for the solo traveller along with the single studio lounge (called The Living Room) for their exclusive use with a private happy hour every evening with 2 for 1 drinks, etc. It was lots of fun meeting other solo travellers and making new friends. I understand that Royal Caribbean is refurbishing 5 of their older ships to accommodate solo travellers. Hope Carnival gets the memo.

I learned recently, to my surprise, that they have started offering those (GREAT) studio cabins on the Epic for TWO people as well. I read that somewhere here on CC, went and checked our November sailing - and sure enough... you could book TWO people in that 100 sq. ft. cabin!! Though oddly, you could book those same two people in a standard inside for less, and in a balcony for about the same as the studio! ODD

Tom

They need to abide by their policies and not change them 'on a whim to benefit themselves'. Carnival has always offered a per person shipboard credit if the ship was unable to dock at a specific island due to weather or other circumstances. We were on the pride last august and were supposed to go to: Freeport, grand turk and half moon cay. Due to hurricane earl, we went to port canaveral and nassau. Upon going to the courtesy desk to ask about the shipboard credit, i was advised that the policy was recently done away with and no credits were due!!

I'm sure if the ship was able to go to the three islands, the policy would have still been in force!!

Also, would like to have music at the pool in the am. I'm an early riser and go to the pool by 8 am and music generally doesn't start playing to much later.

I learned recently, to my surprise, that they have started offering those (GREAT) studio cabins on the Epic for TWO people as well. I read that somewhere here on CC, went and checked our November sailing - and sure enough... you could book TWO people in that 100 sq. ft. cabin!! Though oddly, you could book those same two people in a standard inside for less, and in a balcony for about the same as the studio! ODD

Tom

I believe that you always could put 2 people in the single studio cabins, but they would be cramped as there is no place to sit down except on the bed. What some people were doing was to each book a cabin that was connecting and leave the door open. Made for a bit more room. I wouldn't want to be in one of those rooms with 2 people. One person occupying it was perfect.

Lucy I am totally with you! I will never do an early saver again. It just doesn't leave room for any changes and it's not that big a savings to lose the ability to make changes!

BUT what will totally drive me away from Carnival is the single supplement. I will find a cruise line that doesn't gouge me from being a single traveler! :(

Most of the lines charge a single occupant twice the per person rate.

The reason is pretty simple. When you look at their revenue a cruise line during the cruise makes the cabin rate, and a range of other potential sales to each passenger (bar, stores, excursions, pictures, etc.). When a single person books a room the cruise line might make the same amount for the room, but they lose the opportunity for other sales. That lost opportunity for additional sales means far more to the cruise line then the amount they save in food. Basically, even with the single traveler having to pay for two in cabin fare, the cruise line still loses money compared to if the cabin was holding two passengers.

Edited by RDC1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:eek::D:p

They need to abide by their policies and not change them 'on a whim to benefit themselves'. Carnival has always offered a per person shipboard credit if the ship was unable to dock at a specific island due to weather or other circumstances. We were on the pride last august and were supposed to go to: Freeport, grand turk and half moon cay. Due to hurricane earl, we went to port canaveral and nassau. Upon going to the courtesy desk to ask about the shipboard credit, i was advised that the policy was recently done away with and no credits were due!!

I'm sure if the ship was able to go to the three islands, the policy would have still been in force!!

Also, would like to have music at the pool in the am. I'm an early riser and go to the pool by 8 am and music generally doesn't start playing to much later.

What they refund to you is the port charges that the ship is charged by the port for every passenger, whether you get off the ship of not. These port charges vary. We have skipped two islands at times and received $24.95 per person OBC for one island and $3.50 OBC for the other island. It goes by what is charged and some islands do not charge at all a per person port charge so there is nothing to refund. Skipping islands is at the Captain discretion and there is NO compensation given, except to refund port charges. (See the contract you agree to when you board - it is part of the fun pass requirements)That is not to say that Carnival will not choose to give passengers on a certain sailing compensation for anything happening during that cruise.

Half Moon Cay is privately owned, so there is no port charges to go there, so there would be nothing to refund. Also if they substitute a different port, they do not charge you more if their port charges happen to be more than the ports they skipped. Port charges are figured into your cruise fare.

Edited by bookcreator

I have a few..... (my opinion, of course)

Bring back steaks in MDR. Flat-iron ist no gut.

Fresh water pools.

Bring back fruit punch!

More 110V outlets in cabins.

Offer photos as digital download.

Hot tubs actually hot.

Have security actually control pre-teen and teens running amok.

Either cheaper internet at existing speeds or faster internet at existing prices.

1/2 of balconies (either one side or front half) non-smoking.

Also, I'd like Galveston to be closer to the Caribbean, so that I could go to more ports on a 7-day cruise, please.