Halloween Costume Ideas Needed!!!

vickster6k

We are going on back 2 back 2 back Cruises in October.:p

#1-Carnival Destiny-Oct 13-17 Kiss Kruise, Wet Wild & Rockin! Half Moon Cay & Nassau Bahamas (Hubby, 3 year od DD & I) There WILL be a Halloween Party & Costume Contest:cool:

#2-Carnival Imagination Oct 17-21 Key West & Cozumel (Me, Hubby, 3 Yr DD, 18 yr DS, 22 yr DD & her 2 friends, 23 & 25) Not sure if there will be a costume party or not:confused:

#3-Carnival Imagination Oct 21-24 Nassau Bahamas, overnight! (Me, Hubby, 3 Yr DD, 18 yr DS, 22 yr DD & her 2 friends, 23 & 25) Not sure if there will be a costume party or not:confused:

How do I find out if there will be costume parties on the last 2 cruises? That close to Halloween I would hope so.

Looking for idea for any/all of us. DH wants to dress up as members of Kiss, preferably all of us as his idol, Gene Simmons. Kinda Cheesy since the REAL Gene Simmons will be on the 1st cruise!!! Not very original either, and I bet more than 50% of the ppl on the cruise will dress up as members of Kiss.;)

I would like our costumes to match/coordinate, especially DH, 3yr old DD & I.

I am not a petite woman, by any means! I won't tilt the ship to the side I am on, but I do wear plus sizes (18-20) so a 'sexy mermaid, naughty nurse or pirate wench' would not be the greatest idea. That would be a hot mess that NO ONE deserves to be subjected to!! lol :eek:

Any ideas would be great!!

So much easier now to buy a costume online, then adapt it with accessories yourself. And loads around now for the (not so skinny minis) ladies. Try this site even for ideas but amazon or just google fancy dress and you will find loads.

www the filmset dot com

Have fun!

My costume was the easiest ever to pack. I was "Static Cling" and stuck socks and dryer sheets all over myself with safety pins.

Another in our group took the hideous orange decorative thing on the bed (not the luggage pad, but it goes over the end of the bed) and used it as a toga.

Basically, anything that you can find on land that's easy to pack will work on board.

Also, bring some glow sticks. The kids'll love them!

Hello neighbor! I live in Milton, WI- small world!

I know that Goodwill often has cheap wedding dresses ans suits. You could go as a dead bride/groom/flower girl? Cheesy I know, but it's hard to pack a big costume!

Last year for Halloween my DS8 went as a vampire and DH and I went as his victims. We used the latex makeup to make wounds on our neck.

Have a great time- I'm jealous!!

How about you dress up as dorathy, you hubby as the tin man, cowardly line or the scarecrow and your daughter

at toto. Yes they make tastwfull pulse size stuff. Onestopplus. Com have plus costumes

What about your husband as a beekeeper and you and your daughter as bees. Or have him dress like a bug collector and you can go as bitterly, lady bug , bee or a assortment sor pretty bugs

The last Halloween party I was at gave the prize for the best costume to a lady who dressed up like a birthday gift. She bought a birthday gift bag at a dollar store for $1. I've never seen a birthday bag that big, but I've never looked for one either. The bag went from her neck to her upper thigh. She cut out the bottom and stepped into the bag. I'm not sure how she held it up-maybe she put her arms through the loop handles on the bag. She stuffed colored tissue papers all around the top of the bag so you couldn't see into it, and she put a colored gift bow on top of her head. It was super cheap to make, darling to see, and would be very flat in a suitcase.

They should have a party on all of your sailings since they are close to Halloween, I think they start the 2nd or 3rd week in Oct.. We usually sail that time every year and they put up decorations and encourage everyone to dress up and then have a contest.

A few Ideas I can think of would be:

*Giligans Island Gang

*Different Colors of Crayons

*Dr, Nurse and Patients, (have one be expecting, one with a broken arm/leg etc)

*Cone Head Family like on the old SNL

*Cowboys & Indians

*Hawaiian Luau Party, easy to get the costume, you could wear a colorful mumu and be the Auntie, the boys could have fake fire torches and the girls cute hula skirts & Leis, most are currently at the dollar store. I took my Girl Scout troop a few years ago and made them Tea Leaf Skirts & they had leis with flowers in the hair, they looked really cute and they won! What got them the votes is they found a boy and dressed him up to look like him and he made a very cute girl!:p

Lots of Great Ideas online, Just find something easy and have fun with it:)

our last cruise was on halloween. hubby went as a magician and i went as a bunny in an upside down magician's hat. the hat was HUGE! We came in 3rd place after a pair of knockers (door knockers) and a mermaid with huge knockers. Can you tell the judges were some drunk young guys? lolol

Our next halloween cruise will be on the Breeze and we're going with my sister who's a floofy gal like myself. The two of us will be Oompa Loompas and my hubby will be the dashing Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder version).

For you guys, i love the idea above about dorothy. the tin man and toto for your 3yo DD. I also like the Coneheads as that will encompass your extended family as well. Good luck, and take lots of pics.

One year (at work), I did a really funny costume....I took a large white tshirt and painted a big yellow circle in the middle (like an egg) and got a pair of devil horns at the dollar store and went as A DEVILED EGG.....it was very simple and everyone got a good laugh.....

I think that on that first cruise there will be a halloween party since it is a specialty cruise.

I really do not think your other cruises will have them as its too far from Halloween- Cruiselines celebrate halloween for the week of the holiday.

When we dressed our family- the Grand daughter (5) was Cruella DeVil and we went as her puppies.

I posted this in our thread for Cruising Crazies Halloween on Conquest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29391196&postcount=17

Pictures are from Spirit cruise back a couple years ago, and show some fun outfits, and some staff performers "eye candy".

Halloween on Carnival is BEST party time ever, even for the little ones, as they offer fun activities in Camp Carnival too.

Enjoy your B2B2 !

I am not a petite woman, by any means! I won't tilt the ship to the side I am on, but I do wear plus sizes (18-20) so a 'sexy mermaid, naughty nurse or pirate wench' would not be the greatest idea. That would be a hot mess that NO ONE deserves to be subjected to!! lol :eek:

Any ideas would be great!!

You made me laugh! Thank you I totally needed that today!

We are cruising over Halloween this year and DH has come up with an ingenious and very packable idea. We're going as Vampire Penguins. Its very simple: a black baseball-type hat with glued on pingpong balls for eyes (we're adding google-eyes from our local Michael's); vampire teeth, black t-shirts ( $7 - $9 at Walmart) red bow ties, black pants and black shoes. I'm also opting for red red red lipstick and a red boa since I'm the Female. ;) LOL DH is trying to make penguin feet out of foam rubber and then painting it orange but that's not quite working out...yet!! ;)

Penguins seem to be "The Newest Thing" right now so you're kids might love it...or not, they are kids.

Archived