Face icons :) :( ;)

I'm still trying to figure this out too. How do I get them posted in this section?

Just click on them.. :confused: :cool: ;) :rolleyes:

wherever your mouse is pointing is where the smiley face will appear in your post. click in the message where you want it then just click on the smiley face.

If you are quoting someone, the smiley faces appear already, you dont need to click on the "go advanced" like if you just reply.

: or : + ) for no grin :) . : + ( = :( D + is the grin extra

thats what the OP meant about using the keys to make them.

I'm still trying. When I reply to anything, the icons are listed below my reply box; but it only allows me to choose one and it puts the icon next to the title. Like above. I am trying to figure out how to get them to post in my sentences, like this :). Which I am doing manually with the keyboard keys ;). While I am typing the images still look like a colon paranthesis; but when I submit my reply, they automatically turn to the icons.

click on "go advanced" .. and they are there on the right hand side to choose if you are just replying to a post

Just click on them.. :confused: :cool: :rolleyes:

I'm still trying. When I reply to anything, the icons are listed below my reply box; but it only allows me to choose one and it puts the icon next to the title. Like above. I am trying to figure out how to get them to post in my sentences, like this :). Which I am doing manually with the keyboard keys ;). While I am typing the images still look like a colon paranthesis; but when I submit my reply, they automatically turn to the icons.

if you are quoting someone and not just replying without quoting, then as I have said, where it says "go advanced" click there, and they are right over on the side.. the ones on the side are the ones to click on.

maybe someone else can explain it better. .. maybe you need to scroll over to the right and are not seeing them to click on them?

if you are quoting someone and not just replying without quoting, then as I have said, where it says "go advanced" click there, and they are right over on the side.. the ones on the side are the ones to click on.

maybe someone else can explain it better. .. maybe you need to scroll over to the right and are not seeing them to click on them?

Thanks so much for at least trying. I am doing everything you say; but still cannot get them to appear in my sentences without manually doing them with the keyboard strokes. Clicking on them as you have suggested only allows me to have one at a time like above. Guess I'll just have to have the ones I know how to do manually :D (lets see if that worked)

If you click on them, yes it is one by one, just keep clicking on each one you want to appear.

PS there is a limit of 5 images that can appear .. like I cant quote you with showing 4 smileys and have 4 of my own .. thats 8, wouldnt post.

Don't feel liike the lone ranger in the computer moron category, cuz I'm right there with ya girl!!!!:p:cool:

LOL - I hope you are well, chica! BTW, what keystrokes did you push to make your two little icons appear? The tongue hanging out face and the shades face?

Thanks so much for at least trying. I am doing everything you say; but still cannot get them to appear in my sentences without manually doing them with the keyboard strokes. Clicking on them as you have suggested only allows me to have one at a time like above. Guess I'll just have to have the ones I know how to do manually :D (lets see if that worked)

when you are replying your screen doesnt look like this with the smilies at the right and below?

The ones on the right are the ones you insert in your post.

tex.jpg

Bill

when you are replying your screen doesnt look like this with the smilies at the right and below?

tex.jpg

Bill

My screen does not look like that with the icons on the right side, my icons appear below. So, when I click on an icon, it only appears on the Title like this: As you can see, it's mad. I have no idea either how to fix it LOL!

My screen does not look like that with the icons on the right side, my icons appear below. So, when I click on an icon, it only appears on the Title like this: As you can see, it's mad. I have no idea either how to fix it LOL!

I havent a clue how to fix that but someone will come along and know.

Bill

The ones at the bottom are "Post Icons" meant to appear in the title. I can't imagine why the smilies are not appearing on the right hand side but if you look at the top line above the message box, to the right of the font and color buttons there should be a smilie face with a drop down menu to select smilies from!

tex.jpg

Bill

Thanks for the info, Bill and babies, my screen doesn't look that way either..............I tried what one poster suggested; but that escapes me as well. Oh well, like I said, I suppose I'm stuck with :):(;):D

There are tons of websites with free smilies like the ones I have in my earlier post. If you find one, right click on it, then scroll down to properties and click on properties. That will open a box and you will see a web address (http something). Copy the web address completely. Then come over here and click on the box on the second row above this message area that looks a square with yello and mountains on it. This will open a pop up where you will paste the web address of the smilie you found. Then just enter it and it should show up in your post.

There are tons of websites with free smilies like the ones I have in my earlier post. If you find one, right click on it, then scroll down to properties and click on properties. That will open a box and you will see a web address (http something). Copy the web address completely. Then come over here and click on the box on the second row above this message area that looks a square with yello and mountains on it. This will open a pop up where you will paste the web address of the smilie you found. Then just enter it and it should show up in your post.

Thanks for the info. Does it actually appear IN the post as the cute icon? Do you see it that way in your posts or others because the way I see it as just a http/web address. I have to click on it and it takes me to another page and then I get to see the icon.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.................

Thanks for the info. Does it actually appear IN the post as the cute icon? Do you see it that way in your posts or others because the way I see it as just a http/web address. I have to click on it and it takes me to another page and then I get to see the icon.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.................

You should actually see it in your post, are you clicking on this icon insertimage.gif first and pasting your web address in it?

Archived