Jade on Freedom of the Seas

Question for everyone and sorry if someone has posted, but trust me I did try a search.

I have recently started enjoying a few simple sushi things like California Rolls, Philadelphia Rolls and Cucumber Rolls. I know nothing compared to the hardcore sushi people out there.

My question is does Jade offer any of these? And is there a cost? Is there a particular time they are served?

Question for everyone and sorry if someone has posted, but trust me I did try a search.

I have recently started enjoying a few simple sushi things like California Rolls, Philadelphia Rolls and Cucumber Rolls. I know nothing compared to the hardcore sushi people out there.

My question is does Jade offer any of these? And is there a cost? Is there a particular time they are served?

Good Q!

It would be nice to know what sushi is available. The wife and I LOVE sushi!

Jade is just a display case set up amongst the other display cases of food in the Windjammer. I am not a sushi fanatic but wanted to try it. Unfortunately, there are just rows of different kinds and no labels. I like to know what the ingredients are so I was afraid to try any. There is no cost though.

Jade is just a display case set up amongst the other display cases of food in the Windjammer. I am not a sushi fanatic but wanted to try it. Unfortunately, there are just rows of different kinds and no labels. I like to know what the ingredients are so I was afraid to try any. There is no cost though.

Actually Jade is an additional cost dinner restaurant that you pay per item for. During breakfast and lunch anyone can eat in there, but at dinner, it turns into a separate venue.

On Freedom class ships, Jade is part of the Windjammer and there is no cost. It is not a separate restaurant that you have to pay for like on Monarch. Sushi is available in the evening only, I think from 5:00 till 9:00. Just ask if you can't tell what type of rolls there are.

We sail a few times a yr on Monarch, and there is a charge for Sushi there. Just got off Freedom Sunday, and as the previous poster stated, sushi is free on FOS.

I asked the server on day 2... since I expected a charge....Obviously, differences between ships!!!!

We sail a few times a yr on Monarch, and there is a charge for Sushi there. Just got off Freedom Sunday, and as the previous poster stated, sushi is free on FOS.

I asked the server on day 2... since I expected a charge....Obviously, differences between ships!!!!

Since you just got off of the Freedom, do you recall what all you saw served?

Since you just got off of the Freedom, do you recall what all you saw served?

Sorry...Im not a sushi fan.... so I dont know what they are all called....(but I loved the asian food) I saw lots of people digging into the sushi!!!!

I got off Freedom last Sunday and did try some sushi. Not a big selection. In fact, there were only three, and only one with obvious ingredients- salmon. All were sushi rolls. Don't expect anything more. But when doused with soy sauce and wasabi, it tasted great anyway.

bob123

• 1 month later...
So Jade on the Freedom OTS is just a display case with sushi? There is no main dedicated asian food area of the Windjammer ?

Besides the sushi Jade is supposed to feature different Asian foods each day, one day may feature items from Japan, one day china, sometimes foods from the Philippines and Indonesia.

Actually Jade is an additional cost dinner restaurant that you pay per item for. During breakfast and lunch anyone can eat in there, but at dinner, it turns into a separate venue.

On Freedom class ships Jade is not additional cost. Izumi on Oasis class is additional cost, as is the sushi options on Monarch.

On Freedom- AND Voyager-class ships, Jade is no extra charge.

Almost all of the rolls are vegetable rolls. Some were imitation crab, and some were salmon. However - the salmon is smoked, not raw. In all of my cruises aboard Navigator, Mariner and Liberty I've never seen raw sushi served in Jade. Perfect if you're new to sushi.

on FOS it's hit or miss, but the rolls I've had included spicy tuna, salmon, eel, krab (california roll), NY roll, veggie, as well as shrimp sushi. The most often found sitting at the station are krab and salmon, but that doesn't mean that's all they are making. If the sushi chef is there, just ask him what else he has, and he'll make it for you.

You're all welcome.

Not only are they for memories, but to help those. This board answered a lot of my questions when I was planning our trip, I like to 'pay it forward'. :D

Now to sort thru over 1500 pictures and get to that trip report.....

Archived