1st Oceania & Alaska Cruise - Rain During Entire Period?

Wannaknow

I was on the same cruise as the OP and can happily report that we had great weather the entire trip. We had a few spots of drizzle here and there and it was cold BUT nothing interfered with our tours and plans. We got to everything we wanted plus more. It was an amazing trip and I loved every minute of it.

Kellie

I meant to be helpful to the many others who are planning an Alaska cruise. Will stop posting, Ben and Susan, so as not to offend your sensibilities.

Post whatever you like wherever you wish- I thought your info was helpful

• 3 years later...

Heading out on the Regatta soon to Alaska - looking at the same forecast you had in 2011. Expecting lots of liquid sunshine. Hopefully it will play out for us the same way it did for you. But as others said, even if not, still on Oceania for a week+. Beats a perfect weather day spent in the office

Heading out on the Regatta soon to Alaska - looking at the same forecast you had in 2011. Expecting lots of liquid sunshine. Hopefully it will play out for us the same way it did for you. But as others said, even if not, still on Oceania for a week+. Beats a perfect weather day spent in the office

A cordial welcome to the cruise critic forums. I really admire your extensive diligence in researching your cruise so thoroughly that you have resurrected a three-year-old thread for your first post. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Some of your ports will be great. We are still having a heat wave in Vancouver and according to the forecast, no end in sight. I realize our heat wave is not a heat wave to most of you, but Vancouverites have a tendancy to complain about the heat once it is over 78F.:D I would bring a waterproof coat to counter the showers. In most cases they should be "soft" which means you will not need an umbrella or boots.

The weather office got it wrong again.:confused: It is pouring today, but a good thing as hopefully this will lower the forest fire hazard somewhat. Our usual green city was starting to turn brown. The weather office says:roll eyes: it should be better weather starting next Monday.

A lot of people don't realize that quite a bit of Alaska is categorized as rainforest and can get rain every day. Like anywhere, plan for layers.

Its why the forests are green..and the rivers full.. it rains every day in summer with rare exceptions........It is why critters and plants thrive and why people come to see em'......

I recall a sign in Ketchikan

" Welcome to the Ketchikan Rain Festival...Jan 1 to Dec 31st"

[/The same forecasts are true of the tropics like Hawaii.. where every island forecast is pretty much showers every day 365/

The greener the land the wetter it is...... font fear it enjoy it

Any day you can complain is a good day !!!