iPad/iPhone app for CC!

pyroguy

***I'm sure this doesn't need to go in this forum, but I can't see anywhere else to post it - so MODS - go ahead an move this if you need to.***

OK - so I logged into CC this morning with my iPad and a popup came up that said there was an app available for these boards. :D SWEET!

The app is called "Tapatalk" and it was $1.99.

I made my purchase, installed it and searching the app for "Cruise Critic" and I can't find it listed anywhere. The app just says "not found". Shucks. :confused:

Can any of the mods there get CC listed with the publisher of this app? I'm excited about an app for CC...might be better than the website version on my iPad.

Thanks.

Now I'm not positive but I think that tapatalk is an app that works with different sites where there is a lot of typing involved, cc, my space ect. Its not cc's app. I have had that prompt pop up multiple times on different web sites or when using other apps. Hope that helps!

***I'm sure this doesn't need to go in this forum, but I can't see anywhere else to post it - so MODS - go ahead an move this if you need to.***

OK - so I logged into CC this morning with my iPad and a popup came up that said there was an app available for these boards. :D SWEET!

The app is called "Tapatalk" and it was $1.99.

I made my purchase, installed it and searching the app for "Cruise Critic" and I can't find it listed anywhere. The app just says "not found". Shucks. :confused:

Can any of the mods there get CC listed with the publisher of this app? I'm excited about an app for CC...might be better than the website version on my iPad.

Thanks.

There are several vbulletin sites that use tapatalk that are free. I think tapatalk is sending that out to devices that are on vbulletin sites, regardless if the site actually has set up the app, seems very spammish.

There are several vbulletin sites that use tapatalk that are free. I think tapatalk is sending that out to devices that are on vbulletin sites, regardless if the site actually has set up the app, seems very spammish.

Ahh...so it's a vBulletin thing. Well, it got me. What a load of *****

I really thought since it was a popup from CC it was legit. Waste of money. Now every time I go to the boards on my ipad it's telling me to buy this app, even though I already have!

This is a bummer.

• Administrators

Hi everyone -- just a couple of things.

We obviously jumped the gun a bit in our excitement to offer Tapatalk to our members. We did "install" the app on our forums, but didn't realize that we needed to subscribe to the service on the other end! So, accept our apologies.

However, the good news is that if you did download the app, you will be in for a treat! If you are like me and want to access the boards from your smartphone, Tapatalk will be a real timesaver; it really makes it easier. So, your purchase has not gone to waste, believe me!

Please stay tuned to the announcement section of the forum for an update on Tapatalk in the next day or so.

Thanks,

Laura

I am reading the forum right now with TapaTalk on my iPad.

Oh yeah. And it is a paid app but it was $2.99.

Search for cruise and you'll find cruise critic listed.

Yep...me too. I like it.

Just to reiterate, if I only had the iPad, I would have been irritated to have spent the money on the app. I personally like using the browser much better. But I also have an iPhone so feel the cost will be worth the money spent to use on the iPhone.

Just to reiterate, if I only had the iPad, I would have been irritated to have spent the money on the app. I personally like using the browser much better. But I also have an iPhone so feel the cost will be worth the money spent to use on the iPhone.

Thanks for the feedback! That's $2.99 of savings toward my next cruise :D

I got it to work last night for the IPad. When you search for cruise critic it has to be one word.

I had no problem at all finding Cruise Critic (I just searched on Cruise and it was in the list). I just didn't see any value add to the app on the iPad. I have Cruise Critic/Carnival bookmarked in my browser and can get to it much quicker from the bookmark than through the menus in the tap-a-talk app, even after I subscribed to the forum.

Archived