Will Wimbledon tennis matches be shown on board?

Silverwing

We leave Dover for a 12 night Eurodam Baltic cruise on Monday. Having made a point of not ever turning on the television on our previous cruises, I have no idea whether HAL usually has sports channels available. I do recall there is a sports bar on board with a bank of screens, but have never stopped by to see what's showing!

A combination of circumstances meant that 27th June departure was our only option this year. Being a huge tennis fan, I still can't believe that I booked a holiday during the second week of Wimbledon! I have watched every final for as long as I can remember (I was actually born in Wimbledon, but I don't think that's anything to do with it!)

So, I am really hoping that as we are going to be in Europe, there might be the possibility of HAL showing some of the matches next week and the final on Sunday 3rd July.

Hoping someone has been on board a HAL ship in Europe during the Wimbledon fortnight and can enlighten me.

Many thanks.

That might be info you can get from HAL directly. I imagine it will be broadcast since it's a true international event.

I recall booking a cruise one fall and thinking that I'd be able to watch the World Series between the Angels and the Giants. NCL was big on advertising their sports bar on Nor. Wind so I thought it'd be no problem. But, I guess while it might be a WORLD SERIES it's not considered important enough for the International broadcast they receive on board.

Good Luck

If you want Wimbledon and all the festivities associated with this event, Cunard is most likely the way to go! ;)

Two years ago at this time, we were on the QV and there were viewings in the Winter Garden daily with appropriate drinks, etc. It was actually rather amusing to go there and watch the "fans" with the front row seats enjoying the matches through their very closed eyelids.

Gotta say though, that is was a very good experience, overall. Just amusing in that respect. ;)

We leave Dover for a 12 night Eurodam Baltic cruise on Monday. Having made a point of not ever turning on the television on our previous cruises, I have no idea whether HAL usually has sports channels available. I do recall there is a sports bar on board with a bank of screens, but have never stopped by to see what's showing!

A combination of circumstances meant that 27th June departure was our only option this year. Being a huge tennis fan, I still can't believe that I booked a holiday during the second week of Wimbledon! I have watched every final for as long as I can remember (I was actually born in Wimbledon, but I don't think that's anything to do with it!)

So, I am really hoping that as we are going to be in Europe, there might be the possibility of HAL showing some of the matches next week and the final on Sunday 3rd July.

Hoping someone has been on board a HAL ship in Europe during the Wimbledon fortnight and can enlighten me.

Many thanks.

Julie's the same. A few days after we booked the cruise there was a sudden dash for the calendar, followed by a strangled groan. She initially thought that she was going to miss the whole fortnight.

It's possible it might be shown on board. Princess were showing Premiership football matches on our Panama Canal cruise last year for some reason, but we haven't been with HAL before so don't have any idea what sport they show.

We will all be sightseeing in St Petersburg for the day of the men's final anyway. Not too bad an alternative!

Archived