Review of Enchantment - Canada/New England Cruise

One more thing I wanted to add about this cruise. We saw a ton of whales (small ones - pilot whales mostly) right from the ship. There were so many whales that the captain had to slow the ship down to 10 knots going from Canada to Boston. We were even doing little zig zag patterns to avoid the pods of whales. Anyway, it was pretty neat to sea whales jumping right near the ship. We didn't have that on our last cruise this direction, but that one was in September. Someone sitting at the table behind us at Chops said he was retired coast guard and you see a lot of whales on this route this time of year.

jlstwinmommy

Question. What time was Muster drill on the first day. We are trying to set up a time for all of us Cruise Critics to meet at the pool bar and would like to do it right before muster or right after.

Thanks in advance,

Question. What time was Muster drill on the first day. We are trying to set up a time for all of us Cruise Critics to meet at the pool bar and would like to do it right before muster or right after.

Thanks in advance,

I'm pretty sure the muster drill was at 3:30pm - although everyone started gathering at about 3:15 or so when the announcements started. I know it was over by the time we were supposed to sail (at 4), but we were late sailing and didn't leave port until after 5:30.

jlstwinmommy

What side is best for viewing the lighthouses and ports?

Thanks

Marcia

If you are an early riser, I would say Port side. We were on the Starboard side and still had a good view (of course, we were in the very back of the ship so we had a great view once we passed everything). There were lighthouses on both sides of the ship in most the ports, some on little islands as we approached, so I don't think you will go wrong either way.

We were late leaving Portland or we would have had a great view of the lighthouses there. Unfortunately, it was dark when we left. Since the ship is scheduled to get to Portland later anyway (I think 11am - we didn't get to port until 1:30), you would have a great view on the port side coming into the port of the Portland Headlight.

jlstwinmommy

?? about the pier in Haifax. When I was there on Princess 2 years ago we had to dock away from the main pier and were taken there in mini-busses. Did you have to do that or were you docked at the main pier right by the big enclosed shopping area.

?? about the pier in Haifax. When I was there on Princess 2 years ago we had to dock away from the main pier and were taken there in mini-busses. Did you have to do that or were you docked at the main pier right by the big enclosed shopping area.

We were docked at the main pier and walked through the building with the shopping area. It looks like they have added on to the area since I was there last. When we were there on our Princess cruise, I think we docked a bit further down (closer to the Maritime Museum) and there was a fence around the area. I think the area was under construction at that time. We had a further walk to the museum, but it still wasn't bad and the boardwalk area is very nice.

jlstwinmommy

Do you recall seeing a passenger book swap shelf in the library?

Sorry, I don't, but I didn't look that carefully at the books. The few times we were in the library, my kids were just interested in playing one of the games they had.

jlstwinmommy

On the 4/16 Enchantment sailing, there was a passenger book swap shelf.

Libraries have become much less library like: it was all the honor system, and not much of a selection, unlike the old days when a crew member would staff the library and check out your books. So the swap shelf had more selection than the actual library!

el henry

• 7 months later...
Loving you review and looking forward to more once you get settled.

OMG I can't believe that the staff would not stop the kid after they saw him/her wreck another kids' project. If I was the director of the club I would have immediately pulled the kid and told him that what he did was wrong and that he can no longer participate in our program under these circumstances. I would have called up his parents to get their kid and explain what he did. Right away I would have went to the kid whose project was ruined and asked if he wanted to make another one.

You should have told the staff how upset you were. If it was my son I would have told the staff how upset my son is to have a kid ruin his project for no reason. You should have brought it to the attention of the pursuer on board. If the kid had a disability that affects him socially then the parents should have told the staff before hand to see if the program would fit him/her.

Archived