Princess Cruisers do Carnival

jkudzu

okwriter--You poor thing. From now on, mine are yours!;)

Still can't upload photos to go with my review. Keep getting this message.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

Never had this problem before.:confused:

Thanks for a great review!

we feel the same way as you do having sailed with Princess, Celebrity, and RCI.

We really haven't ever been on a bad cruise.

We are new to Carnival as well, and have booked the Splendor again for next April. We had a wonderful cruise in May on her and can't wait to return.

We also enjoy the excitement during dinner as you did.

Thank you for the review/comparison. After many Carnival cruises, in which I LOVED every one of them, I am really looking forward to my next cruise on the Coral Princess!!!!

We loved the Coral! Did this ship in Alaska. Nice sized ship and you don't feel crowded.

We are looking at Valor for Christmas this year. Always nice to read the posts on this site.

OP: Thanks for the post! It's been MANY years since we did Carnival, so I was wondering about the comparison to Princess. THANKS!

I've cruised Princess and Carnival and agree on most of those points. I am actually looking at another Princess cruise to Hawaii but Carnival is $246 cheaper for the same cruise.

Only thing is the Princess cruise is with my retiree club. If I go Carnival I need to find someone to go with. :mad:

We have also enjoyed Princess cruises. My all time favorite cruise for level of service was a Cunard cruise, but the value CCL gives me for the price keeps me coming back to CCL. Thanks for your review and I hope you have more great cruising in the future.

Thanks for the review. I have sailed Disney, Holland and lots of RCCL and we are getting ready to book our first Carnival. Earlier this week I was dismayed by walking in a AAA travel agent to book and hearing "We refuse to book Carnival anymore as we get too many complaints" I said "But they are the only ones sailing Southern Caribbean summer 2012." She arrogantly reported "I assure you that's not true" and then proceeded to see that I was right. She tried to sell me on an RCCL or Holland Eastern or Western and I thanked her and left. I REALLY need to read some good reviews right now. I think it's what you make it. We really want to sail to So. Caribbean next summer. I have no desire to go to Greece or the Mid East in the next 2 years. That seems to be where they think I want to be. I'm talking with my walk & my money! Thanks for a favorable review.

Karen

Karen - it's too bad they would not help you - if you want I can help you just let me know.

I've been on 2 CCL cruises and an RCCL and NCL. All were good with RCCL being my least favorite. Carnival went out of their way to provide the best service in all area's of both of our CCL cruises. I'm sure you will not be disapointed.

Which cruise are you looking for?

Joyce - if you want to meet fellow CC's - you must get up the nerve to walk 10 feet and say hi at the next meet :D - sorry - couldn't resist! ;)

Karen - it's too bad they would not help you - if you want I can help you just let me know.

I've been on 2 CCL cruises and an RCCL and NCL. All were good with RCCL being my least favorite. Carnival went out of their way to provide the best service in all area's of both of our CCL cruises. I'm sure you will not be disapointed.

Which cruise are you looking for?

Joyce - if you want to meet fellow CC's - you must get up the nerve to walk 10 feet and say hi at the next meet :D - sorry - couldn't resist! ;)

I'm taking a sign (like the ones at the airport) next time!:D

Skip and I figured everyone knew what we looked like from our photos and we thought you all would find us. You're right, we should have come over. But we're shy.;)

Thanks I did find another travel agent who I also had to show no one else was sailing So. Caribbean 2012 summer, but said she would book us no problem! I guess they aren't looking that far ahead or aren't looking at Summer Caribbean cruises? Seems strange that I know this and 2 different agents didn't. How crazy will it be being the only ship in San Juan? That will seem very strange. It's a great itinerary and we feel we've had enough variety that it'll be ok. I was just taken back by AAA travel saying that! That's a national chain. I think we'll have a ball. (And only 1 day at sea if we are wrong!)

Karen

Thanks for your review.

This is why I suggest people try cruise lines to see them for themselves and not just read others' stories about various lines/ships.

I like Princess and Carnival and continue to sail both.

Thanks I did find another travel agent who I also had to show no one else was sailing So. Caribbean 2012 summer, but said she would book us no problem! I guess they aren't looking that far ahead or aren't looking at Summer Caribbean cruises? Seems strange that I know this and 2 different agents didn't. How crazy will it be being the only ship in San Juan? That will seem very strange. It's a great itinerary and we feel we've had enough variety that it'll be ok. I was just taken back by AAA travel saying that! That's a national chain. I think we'll have a ball. (And only 1 day at sea if we are wrong!)

Karen

We did the Carnival Victory So. Caribbean 2 years ago and loved it. It was our first Carnival experience. At that time the cruise was 7 islands in 7 days. I believe it has changed a bit since then. But I'm sure it's still great. Flying back and forth to San Juan wasn't great, but the cruise was.

Karen

Great - good luck! I've heartd more than once that AAA will not book all suppliers. It's their choice I guess.

Thanks for the reivew. i never tried Princess and always wanted to but, my VIP does not transfer to Princess only my Past Passenger Discount. Now that I know that Princess is so vastly different, I think I will stay on Carnival.

boingy300, After 5 Princess cruises my wife and I sailed on the Valor this past April and we had a BLAST!! We had heard that Carnival was no good and so we had to try it and we found it was just as good, and in some ways better, than Princess. We are sailing on the Freedom in April, 2012.

The price is right, we have booked an L-shaped balcony cabin, and cannot wait for April!! :D:D:D

Thanks for the encouragement. I think it's mostly your attitude when cruising right? AAA scared me a bit, but how can I go wrong with sun, ocean, ship and fun. I'm ready. Thanks for a nice review! (Princess is also on my list!)

Karen

• 6 months later...
Thanks for your review!

I just saw your link on today's post looking for a Pride review and clicked over to check it out. I sail in just a couple days and your positive review is wonderful to read. Can't wait!!

Thanks again.

Christie--I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Yesterdaystime--Thank you!

• 2 months later...
Thanks for a great review!

we feel the same way as you do having sailed with Princess, Celebrity, and RCI.

We really haven't ever been on a bad cruise.

We are new to Carnival as well, and have booked the Splendor again for next April. We had a wonderful cruise in May on her and can't wait to return.

We also enjoy the excitement during dinner as you did.

Booked on the same SPLENDOR cruise with you, 4/29/12 :) I love Carnival too and thought this was a very good review.

8. I think the food and selection is slightly better on Princess but I never went hungry.

Not going hungry isn't much of an endorsement. You can go to McDonalds and not go away hungry. Doesn't mean the food is any good. I'm definitely not expecting much food wise on our cruise in a few weeks, but still looking forward to a good time.

Great review! So glad to hear you liked a Carnival cruise. We too are loyal Princess cruisers who have been reluctant to try Carnival due to the negative comments we've heard (party boat, only for young people [we're 57 and 65] too many kids, etc etc). As much as we love Princess, we are just ready for a change and love the Carnival itineraries (not to mention price!) so we have 3 booked! Sounds like we might be pleasantly surprised ;)

8. I think the food and selection is slightly better on Princess but I never went hungry.

Not going hungry isn't much of an endorsement. You can go to McDonalds and not go away hungry. Doesn't mean the food is any good. I'm definitely not expecting much food wise on our cruise in a few weeks, but still looking forward to a good time.

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I thought there were more selections of food on Princess. On both Carnival and Princess, there were foods I loved and some not so much. So yes, you can find good food on Carnival. :)

Archived