Vodka!

Yes, we bought a small bottle. It was not too expensive. We wanted something that we could not get in the states. Our tour guide from SPB tours took us to the vodka store. She steered us towards the ones not available in the states. We got one that had a picture of Peter the Great on it.

Pearl

Thank you! We are taking a SPB tour also. I will ask the guide to bring us to the vodka store.

Yes, we bought a small bottle. It was not too expensive. We wanted something that we could not get in the states. Our tour guide from SPB tours took us to the vodka store. She steered us towards the ones not available in the states. We got one that had a picture of Peter the Great on it.

Pearl

Do yourself a favor and check out the prices at the DUTY FREE liquor store BEFORE you buy at any store that SPB takes you to. We were in St. Pete's at the begining of June this year on the Emerald Princess. We bought several bottles of Vodka at the store SPB took us to,...only to find it was MUCH cheaper for the same exact bottle at the Duty Free liquor store, located on the ship side of the Russian Customs. And, when I say much cheaper,...we are talking $15 a bottle difference.

When we did our tour with SPB, 2 years ago, they asked if we wanted to do any sort of local shopping, like for candy, vodka.They took us to a sort of superette, that was like a mini grocery store but they also sold Vodka and other assorted liquors. We bought a bottle of Russian Vodka, as it was inexpensive and would make a great gift for some one we knew. I didn't compare prices with any other store, but this particular store was no 'trap' type store, it was a regular neighborhood store.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster995.jpg

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster996.jpg

Cheers

Len

Thanks for the tip. If I have time after the first day, I'll do just that.:)

Do yourself a favor and check out the prices at the DUTY FREE liquor store BEFORE you buy at any store that SPB takes you to. We were in St. Pete's at the begining of June this year on the Emerald Princess. We bought several bottles of Vodka at the store SPB took us to,...only to find it was MUCH cheaper for the same exact bottle at the Duty Free liquor store, located on the ship side of the Russian Customs. And, when I say much cheaper,...we are talking $15 a bottle difference.

We bought approx 4 bottles at a supermarket in a mall by where we rode the subway in St Petersburg..The brand was Pyccknn Ctahoapt (spelling approx due to russian letters) approx $10.00 which was the best price we saw anywhere else we looked....We passed the company (Standard) on the way to Catherines Palace..

Archived