SUITE PERKS (Compared): Carnival, NCL, Princess, Celebrity

Tom-n-Cheryl

Hi, just another quick question did they allow just the 2 of you in that Villa or did u have to have to have the whole 6. I'm hoping they wouldnt bump you out if there were other people with bigger familys who needed the room.

Thanks in advance Sharyn

Not a chance. By the way, their fares for 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.. in that cabin are only like $300pp or so... a VERY good value, given that those additional people are all able to enjoy the added benefits which the 1st and 2nd essentially paid for.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I think I will look into it. Mybe I could get family along butttttt for anniversary maybe not. Leave the kids at home.

Sharyn

Yep - we have wrestled with that one ourselves a few times. We may have others in our cabin this November. For an anniversary trip -- that's best enjoyed alone. Well, not ALONE, but for the two of you! :D

Tom

Comfortable Bedroom - with second DVD player/TV:

1232152324_NMhvY-L.jpg

SUPER bathroom/shower:

1232153741_6JMMr-L.jpg

1232154672_YMFf3-L.jpg

You can play Video Poker/Slots (for real $) right from the comfort of your couch!!

1222663094_GSC8t-L.jpg

... thus, there are more perks than meet the eye...

Tom

Now that is some sweet bathroom---- I know which line I'm booking us a suite on next ! From now on, we will stick with regular balconies on CCL; we are Milestone anyhow and the suites on CCL dont give you any extra perks.

Thanks for the comparison, btw, it helped quite a bit !

Both NCL and Harrah's have a huge common investor that rescued both and would like to maybe get a return on investment. No surprise there.

I DON'T want Carnival to be anything other than what it is - the best value out there. Carnival Corp has other brands if you want to pay for more perks (e.g. Princess). I don't want or need the perks, nor do I want or need to subsidize you or others.

Carnival is not an elitist line and didn't get to where they are today by catering to the wealthy - mass market is what they are all about and which is why they survive when others fail.

I do like Carnival for the fact that it is a great value, but if you compare prices WITHIN Carnival the "upgrade" you get when you go from a regular balcony to a suite is really not much... except in the price dept... It is almost $1000 more that we are paying for our spa suite. I know, I booked it... I know I am responsible for my own hapiness, but... this is where my research and thought process went haywire, I got the spa suites available on Celebrity confused with the spa ammenities on Carnival when we were looking into our 25th aniv cruise. When I finished my research and booked the suite with Carnival I was sooo excited.... then I continued my research and found out my error... there is no special dining option for healthier choices and no daily water bottle (2 things I valued). OH well on me.... but I have to say the I have a *little* bit of buyers remorse and WISH that Carnival offered just a tad bit more to the suite guests... we will make due and I am SURE enjoy, but lesson learned. We may still even cancel and re-book and lose our early saver deposits... evn then we save hundreds of $$

I do like Carnival for the fact that it is a great value, but if you compare prices WITHIN Carnival the "upgrade" you get when you go from a regular balcony to a suite is really not much... except in the price dept... It is almost $1000 more that we are paying for our spa suite. I know, I booked it... I know I am responsible for my own hapiness, but... this is where my research and thought process went haywire, I got the spa suites available on Celebrity confused with the spa ammenities on Carnival when we were looking into our 25th aniv cruise. When I finished my research and booked the suite with Carnival I was sooo excited.... then I continued my research and found out my error... there is no special dining option for healthier choices and no daily water bottle (2 things I valued). OH well on me.... but I have to say the I have a *little* bit of buyers remorse and WISH that Carnival offered just a tad bit more to the suite guests... we will make due and I am SURE enjoy, but lesson learned. We may still even cancel and re-book and lose our early saver deposits... evn then we save hundreds of $$

What you get with a Carnival suite is more real estate and a tub. Being "Perky" is not in line with the brand. There are other brands and cruise lines that cater more to special interests, but obviously cost more.

When I was booking our upcoming cruise, our very first, I looked at all the different things you get on the different lines. In my opinion, we didn't feel we needed to pay a lot extra to get a bunch of perks we wouldn't even use.

My wife and I wanted a little extra space, and we were able to get that on Carnival, without having to sell a kidney or take a loan out of our son's college fund. Some of the suites on the other lines cost per person what we paid total for the two of us together on Carnival.

I guess, though, if you are into all the extra stuff and you have that kind of free cash, then more power to ya. I'm sure it's exceptionally nice service, no doubt.

What you get with a Carnival suite is more real estate and a tub. Being "Perky" is not in line with the brand. There are other brands and cruise lines that cater more to special interests, but obviously cost more.

That's more like it. Thanks! (really) :)

(just in case I am not ignored yet)

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

When I was booking our upcoming cruise, our very first, I looked at all the different things you get on the different lines. In my opinion, we didn't feel we needed to pay a lot extra to get a bunch of perks we wouldn't even use.

My wife and I wanted a little extra space, and we were able to get that on Carnival, without having to sell a kidney or take a loan out of our son's college fund. Some of the suites on the other lines cost per person what we paid total for the two of us together on Carnival.

I guess, though, if you are into all the extra stuff and you have that kind of free cash, then more power to ya. I'm sure it's exceptionally nice service, no doubt.

Suites only make up a small percentage of berths on most ships. Unless you are accustomed to suite level service when traveling on land, I think that suites on Carnival fit the bill of giving you a little extra space. Even their regular cabins are larger than the industry standard.

Tom

This I know... and the real estate and tub will be nice... just buyer beware (and don't confuse your research!!) that you really don't get all that much more when upgrading to suites on Carnival.

I have made all sorts of "suggestions" to them (to people who supposedly have ears) regarding perks for Milestone and suite guests over the years.

Nobody is listening... :(

Tom

I agree Tom, time to spend some $$ elsewhere.

I agree Tom, time to spend some $$ elsewhere.

After taking my office staff on 3 (and 1/2!) Carnival cruises, following our sailing on the Epic earlier this year, I decided to take them all on the Epic in November. It's gonna knock their socks off (though granted, they won't be in suites...)!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

After taking my office staff on 3 (and 1/2!) Carnival cruises, following our sailing on the Epic earlier this year, I decided to take them all on the Epic in November. It's gonna knock their socks off (though granted, they won't be in suites...)!

Tom

I'll come work for you :)

and another one bites the dust.

You may find that the boards become a lonely place after some time...

Though, apparently, you will not see this comment.

I valued your many posts and reports from onboard, but you do seem to have ... well... never mind :o

Tom

Still somewhat off topic - but can anyone explain how the "ignore" feature works?

I have never utilized it (I simply ignore in an à la carte fashion), but have wondered how it alters the message board experience for those of a "black or white" mentality.

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Still somewhat off topic - but can anyone explain how the "ignore" feature works?

I have never utilized it (I simply ignore in an à la carte fashion), but have wondered how it alters the message board experience for those of a "black or white" mentality.

Tom

I have never seen the need to put anyone on my ignore list......but I sure wish people would follow thru on their end:D

Anyways thanks for this thread! Great info!

Tom

go to user cp, and look, scroll down to settings and options, look for Edit Ignore List, just add the persons name.

Iv only done it about 3 times on here, they have to call me names or one told me if I said one more word, I would be sorry and got very threatening .. so I fixed it, and put them on ignore. So, I would never be tempted to try and help them again.

the only thing if someone else quotes the poster you have on ignore, you can see the quoted post.

go to user cp, and look, scroll down to settings and options, look for Edit Ignore List, just add the persons name.

Iv only done it about 3 times on here, they have to call me names or one told me if I said one more word, I would be sorry and got very threatening .. so I fixed it, and put them on ignore. So, I would never be tempted to try and help them again.

the only thing if someone else quotes the poster you have on ignore, you can see the quoted post.

So sad to know that on such a fun and exciting board, talking and getting questions answered about cruises and vacations, that one would even need to have such a feature...