SUITE PERKS (Compared): Carnival, NCL, Princess, Celebrity

Tom-n-Cheryl

I just looked at NCL's web site.

It seems the ship was just refurbed in Jan and there is no Blue lagoon...sorry :o

I don't know how I'm gonna break this news to my husband LOL!!!

Well.. it IS a great itinerary!

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to compile the information on the varying suite perks. I found it very informative and as the Beaux and I are relatively new to cruising, this gives us some things to consider when booking cruises.

Happy Sailings and Warm Regards,

The menu at cagneys is different for breakfast than the main dinning room plus it offers a very nice, quite place to eat. You also enjoy excellent service to begin your day. What we discovered from our concierge was you can have any of cagney's breakfast items delivered to your room instead of going down there if you prefer. (If your in a suite)

Thank you for the list--it's interesting to see the comparisons.

Is it just me, or is the thought of a complete stranger going through one's suitcase to unpack it kind of creepy? I really prefer to keep my undies private, even when I'm not wearing them. Then again, the whole concept of a "butler" at my beck and call really doesn't appeal, so I guess I'm just not the demographic they're looking for!

How about doing the laundry and packing everything for you on the last night while you finish enjoying your cruise?

Kathy

How about doing the laundry and packing everything for you on the last night while you finish enjoying your cruise?

Kathy

Wouldn't THAT be nice?? :D

I have read as much as I can on the NCL boards about what Butlers will do because I have my first suite on NCL next year.

Not one poster has had the butler unpack for them.....I may be the first in history to take advantage of that sweet perk. :p

I hate unpacking!! By the time the luggage arrives I am in the middle of having fun and hate (hatehatehatehate) to stop and go to the cabin to unpack. I don't care WHO sees my underwear. If someone else will unpack for me, I say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH (of course I will tip heavily) :D

Edited by halos

Well, I did it. Booked an aft Penthouse suite on the Dawn. The sweet young lady that helped me started telling me all the perks and I was just amazed. Thanks again Tom. BTW, we're sailing in 4237 on the Legend in 50 days. :D

Great choice :)

Wouldn't THAT be nice?? :D

I have read as much as I can on the NCL boards about what Butlers will do because I have my first suite on NCL next year.

Not one poster has had the butler unpack for them.....I may be the first in history to take advantage of that sweet perk. :p

I hate unpacking!! By the time the luggage arrives I am in the middle of having fun and hate (hatehatehatehate) to stop and go to the cabin to unpack. I don't care WHO sees my underwear. If someone else will unpack for me, I say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH (of course I will tip heavily) :D

Well, I did it. Booked an aft Penthouse suite on the Dawn. The sweet young lady that helped me started telling me all the perks and I was just amazed. Thanks again Tom. BTW, we're sailing in 4237 on the Legend in 50 days. :D

SWEET SUITE !!!

I think you'll love it - just knowing what I do about NCL and (to a lesser extent) the Dawn.

Of course, 4237 and 4228 are our GO TO cabins on Spirit class ships - hard not to enjoy those - even without any real perks!!!

Tom

That's what I have for the Dawn :D Are you on deck 10 by chance?...I found out those balconies are a bit larger than on the decks below.

SWEET SUITE !!!

I think you'll love it - just knowing what I do about NCL and (to a lesser extent) the Dawn.

Of course, 4237 and 4228 are our GO TO cabins on Spirit class ships - hard not to enjoy those - even without any real perks!!!

Tom

Those are the only two cabins we'll book on the Spirit class, were lucky enough to snag one for the canal transit two years ago, what a trip.

That's what I have for the Dawn :D Are you on deck 10 by chance?...I found out those balconies are a bit larger than on the decks below.

Nope, deck nine is where some other friends were at already, and ten only had the suite between other rooms, deck nine we got the outside one.

Edited by Caliber1
fat finger typing

SWEET SUITE !!!

Tom

We love those cabins as well :)

Those are the only two cabins we'll book on the Spirit class, were lucky enough to snag one for the canal transit two years ago, what a trip.

Nope, deck nine is where some other friends were at already, and ten only had the suite between other rooms, deck nine we got the outside one.

That's where we are too ! deck 9 was avail, I dont thinl deck 10was - I'll have to look.

We just booked 9076 Penthouse w/balcony on the Sun for Oct ! Cant wait.

We were booked on the Dream for Oct 1, but I canx it.

Just ready to try something new and different.

Looking at your signature it would appear that you have been making lots of "new and different" plans! :)

Tom

Keep your eyes on the available cabins. When I first booked there was only 1 PH suite available on deck 10 and since we wanted to be next to our friends, I had to book us on deck 9.

One day I just happened to take a look and two on deck 10 became available side by side, so I called the TA and swapped out the rooms.

It doesn't make that big a difference. I believe what I read is that what you gain in balcony space in those cabins on deck 10, you lose in cabin space. The square footage total is equal. You may prefer having the extra space in the cabin :) Either way, I am sure you are going to LOVE it :)

That's where we are too ! deck 9 was avail, I dont thinl deck 10was - I'll have to look.

if you are talking about The Sun, I am not sure how the balconies are...It is The Dawn that def has larger balconies on deck 10

Edited by halos

Looking at your signature it would appear that you have been making lots of "new and different" plans! :)

Tom

Yep, until CCL changes their Milestone program, I'm spending our $$ elsewhere. There's lots of fish in the sea. :)

Keep your eyes on the available cabins. When I first booked there was only 1 PH suite available on deck 10 and since we wanted to be next to our friends, I had to book us on deck 9.

One day I just happened to take a look and two on deck 10 became available side by side, so I called the TA and swapped out the rooms.

It doesn't make that big a difference. I believe what I read is that what you gain in balcony space in those cabins on deck 10, you lose in cabin space. The square footage total is equal. You may prefer having the extra space in the cabin :) Either way, I am sure you are going to LOVE it :)

if you are talking about The Sun, I am not sure how the balconies are...It is The Dawn that def has larger balconies on deck 10

Yes we are on the Sun Am happy with the cabin, so will just stay put.

This will be our 1st NCL cruise and I'm looking forward to it. I cruised many moons ago on all of the "wards" Skyward.Sunward etc, so this will be a whole new ballgame.

Tom, thanks for the heads up re my siggy- had to move the Dream outta there.

This will be our 1st NCL cruise and I'm looking forward to it. I cruised many moons ago on all of the "wards" Skyward.Sunward etc, so this will be a whole new ballgame.

Just don't expect a huge balcony. I made that mistake after my first aft on a Celebrity ship...That aft on the Infinity so SO flipping huge. It was the best balcony we ever had. My DH still talks about that balocny. It was our favorite thing about that sailing :)

When I booked aft cabins after that one, I was shocked that they were no larger than regular balconies.

I hope you all love NCL as much as I (and Tom, Cheryl and Don) do. I am so excited to hear your thoughts when you get back :D

I believe that the Sun is very much like the Sky, though I think it's had a recent dry dock. I am sure you'll have a great time - just keep in mind that this ship is their "entry level" ship without all the bells and whistles!!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I believe that the Sun is very much like the Sky, though I think it's had a recent dry dock. I am sure you'll have a great time - just keep in mind that this ship is their "entry level" ship without all the bells and whistles!!

Tom

I know, but she had a renovation this past Jan, Not expecting "bells and whistles" that's for the EPIC lol. We do enjoy the smaller ships, ie Fantasy class, so she will be just fine.

Cant wait !

Just don't expect a huge balcony. I made that mistake after my first aft on a Celebrity ship...That aft on the Infinity so SO flipping huge. It was the best balcony we ever had. My DH still talks about that balocny. It was our favorite thing about that sailing :)

When I booked aft cabins after that one, I was shocked that they were no larger than regular balconies.

I hope you all love NCL as much as I (and Tom, Cheryl and Don) do. I am so excited to hear your thoughts when you get back :D

We are looking forward to it !

Will def, do a review when we get back.

I really dont care how big the balcony is, just love aft balconies, That wake is so mesmerizing !

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...I had to go back to the top of this page to make sure I was in the 'Carnival Cruise Lines' forum.... :p

So....hubby and I are booked in a Vista Suite on the Miracle...this is our first 'suite', outside of an ncl mini suite (which is just a glorified balcony cabin with a bigger bathroom)....I didnt think much about amenities....I dont really need/care to have a Butler....just give me that great cabin!!

Anyway...........I just booked our annual 'girls cruise' to Bermuda, and NCL was the only line that fit our schedule/destination, etc....long story, short....we booked a family suite for us 4 ladies for a tiny bit more than 2 ocean view cabins.............and OMG.....My PCC emailed me the complete list of amenities (posted over at the NCL forum).....so that got me thinking....

What comes with my CCL suite????....LOL....umm.....not much :p

But it's all good.....We've got a 2 room vista suite heading to Bermuda in September.....and I'm happy!!!