SUITE PERKS (Compared): Carnival, NCL, Princess, Celebrity

Tom-n-Cheryl

Thanks for making this. I was trying to explain to my DH why I don't want to pay extra for a suite on CCL. We're looking at 2 separate cruises for next year and I want to try X since I think the perks are worth the extra cost of the suites and he wanted to pay more for a suite on CCL.

Even the Concierge Class Balconies on Celebrity have very nice perks, full breakfast with linens on your balcony, little gifts they leave around, sparkling wine, fruit/ cheese delivery daily.

We enjoyed it immensely.

Carole

• 6 months later...
Thanks for this information. Going back and forth between sites was a chore. This site and the team that shares all this information has been so helpful!

CJ

Of course, the perks offered by each line are continually evolving (read: watered down) - though I'll be able to finally try Princess on for size next Saturday!!

Since we booked before a particular date (in July as I recall), we will still be grandfathered in w/regard to the free (unlimited) internet. It is also my understanding that it also includes wireless - which was listed as an exclusion initially. They are now offering a free cover for two in one of their specialty restaurants on the first night.

Also looking forward to ordering from the MDR menu (room service) for any meal.

Princess Suite Perks (updated)

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Recently booked a two bedroom suite on the Jewel for $200 less than my aft cabin to Alaska this year. .. And have a 450 obc :)

(Moms 75 birthday present)

If you haven't been in this suite you are going to love it. We always have the same room on the Jewel and we put mom and aunt in the kids room they love being called the kids!!!!

Love the OBC also, this last cruise we had $600 the highest ever for us.

Have a great trip on our Jewel she is so beautiful!!!

If you haven't been in this suite you are going to love it. We always have the same room on the Jewel and we put mom and aunt in the kids room they love being called the kids!!!!

Love the OBC also, this last cruise we had $600 the highest ever for us.

Have a great trip on our Jewel she is so beautiful!!!

Thanks:) the only other suite I have had was on HAL ... Any tips you can give me are welcomed!!! (Others too please)

I'm giving her the master and ill take the kids room :p

Still can't believe that it's less $$$ than the ccl Spirit to Alaska. People say shop around ... And they are right!

• 1 month later...
SWEET SUITE !!!

I think you'll love it - just knowing what I do about NCL and (to a lesser extent) the Dawn.

Of course, 4237 and 4228 are our GO TO cabins on Spirit class ships - hard not to enjoy those - even without any real perks!!!

Tom

Tom (or someone who has stayed in these suites can answer),

Looking to book the Pride for next year..Sailing from Baltimore, so no flying Hooray! DH and I want to book a Vista Suite. I like being close to the water however I was concerned about booking 4237 or 4228 because of the connecting staterooms.

How noisy are the connecting staterooms? Would I be better off if noise is an issue to book either Deck 8 or Deck 7. Don't want to book Deck 5 or 6 if I can help it. Those suites are smaller.

I am very frugal and we realize that we are not going to get many perks for booking a suite with Carnival. We wanted the larger balcony because we really enjoying spending time out there. To us, it is worth the money because of the balcony. Priority whatever is just a bonus.

Told DH that we could save the money by booking a regular aft balcony. He wants to be on the aft. I told him that was fine, but I would have to have a middle balcony. I couldn't be right next to the Aft wrap...I would have a severe case of "Balcony Envy."

Tom (or someone who has stayed in these suites can answer),

Looking to book the Pride for next year..Sailing from Baltimore, so no flying Hooray! DH and I want to book a Vista Suite. I like being close to the water however I was concerned about booking 4237 or 4228 because of the connecting staterooms.

How noisy are the connecting staterooms? Would I be better off if noise is an issue to book either Deck 8 or Deck 7. Don't want to book Deck 5 or 6 if I can help it. Those suites are smaller.

I am very frugal and we realize that we are not going to get many perks for booking a suite with Carnival. We wanted the larger balcony because we really enjoying spending time out there. To us, it is worth the money because of the balcony. Priority whatever is just a bonus.

Told DH that we could save the money by booking a regular aft balcony. He wants to be on the aft. I told him that was fine, but I would have to have a middle balcony. I couldn't be right next to the Aft wrap...I would have a severe case of "Balcony Envy."

Not in regard to these particular suites, but many people have been in connecting cabins. They are only as noisy as your next door neighbors. 7 out of 8 times I have had no problems. Once I did have noisy neighbors. But if they are noisy, having the door or not having a door in the wall isn't going to make much of a difference, if they are slamming drawers, you hear it thru the walls for instance. The cabin walls just as not that thick, that it's a huge difference on Carnival.

I, like Tom, have been in 4237 many times, and have never heard any noise through the connecting door.

Perhaps when Carnival used (Finnish?) shipyards for their builds, the quality was higher. On Conquest and Dream class ships I seem to recall more noise issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We are leaving in a month on Carnival Freedom. It will be my eleventh Carnival cruise and my fourth cruise in a suite. I really enjoy the rooms Carnival gives you in a suite but, to be honest, the perks, beyond those any other Platinum guests are restricted to the size and amenities of the stateroom itself.

About a year ago, we interrupted the string of these Carnival cruises and did a ten-day Southern Caribbean cruise aboard Emerald Princess. We had a full suite and were blown away with the extras that you do not get with Carnival suites.

One of the most important differences to me was the complimentary, unlimited Internet access. Princess has recently dropped this freebee but, because we were booked early last year, we are grandfathered for unlimited Internet in our full suite on our 16-day Asian cruise aboard Diamond Princess next April.

Another perk that I particularly enjoyed was the ability of suite guests to have breakfast in Sabatini's, one of Princess' premium steak houses. This amenity is for suite guests only and is not even available to Princess Elite guests.

A third perk is one full stock of the mini-bar that is complimentary. That is really a lot of liquor and wine.

A fourth perk that my wife particularly appreciated was the layout of the grand suite itself that allowed for a light-proof curtain that separated the office/sitting area from the sleeping area. That allowed my wife to sleep in dark and quiet comfort while I sat in front of another flat-screen TV in the sitting area with a tablet on my lap posting the day's photos using the free Internet.

Carnival's suites are nice but are nothing in comparison to those aboard competing cruise lines.

We are leaving in a month on Carnival Freedom. It will be my eleventh Carnival cruise and my fourth cruise in a suite. I really enjoy the rooms Carnival gives you in a suite but, to be honest, the perks, beyond those any other Platinum guests are restricted to the size and amenities of the stateroom itself.

About a year ago, we interrupted the string of these Carnival cruises and did a ten-day Southern Caribbean cruise aboard Emerald Princess. We had a full suite and were blown away with the extras that you do not get with Carnival suites.

One of the most important differences to me was the complimentary, unlimited Internet access. Princess has recently dropped this freebee but, because we were booked early last year, we are grandfathered for unlimited Internet in our full suite on our 16-day Asian cruise aboard Diamond Princess next April.

Another perk that I particularly enjoyed was the ability of suite guests to have breakfast in Sabatini's, one of Princess' premium steak houses. This amenity is for suite guests only and is not even available to Princess Elite guests.

A third perk is one full stock of the mini-bar that is complimentary. That is really a lot of liquor and wine.

A fourth perk that my wife particularly appreciated was the layout of the grand suite itself that allowed for a light-proof curtain that separated the office/sitting area from the sleeping area. That allowed my wife to sleep in dark and quiet comfort while I sat in front of another flat-screen TV in the sitting area with a tablet on my lap posting the day's photos using the free Internet.

Carnival's suites are nice but are nothing in comparison to those aboard competing cruise lines.

Completely agree with this in every way! We've stayed in the Garden Villa on NCL's Dawn and some suites on RCCL. Carnival should really rethink their suite policy. They don't compare to competing lines. Granted RCCL wasn't awesome, but NCL blows everyone away with their suite perks. Just truly unbelievable experiences. If you've ever thought about an NCL cruise and want a suite....DO IT. You won't regret it!

Completely agree with this in every way! We've stayed in the Garden Villa on NCL's Dawn and some suites on RCCL. Carnival should really rethink their suite policy. They don't compare to competing lines. Granted RCCL wasn't awesome, but NCL blows everyone away with their suite perks. Just truly unbelievable experiences. If you've ever thought about an NCL cruise and want a suite....DO IT. You won't regret it!

We have not stayed in the Garden Villa but we have stayed in the Haven 2 bedroom 2 bath suites 14 times and they are very large and the perks you get in the Villa we get in the suites except the free booze they supply for the Owners Suites and Garden Villas. We do not drink so that has never been a problem. We also have enjoyed breakfast and lunch in Cagneys which comes free with the suite usage. It is so nice knowing that is there so you don't have to worry what is opened for breakfast and lunch.

The perk that we liked the best on RCCL was the concierge lounge every evening from 5:00 - 8:00 with hord's and free cocktails. The only problem was our dinner was at 5-30 or 6-00 so we could only take advantage of it for 1/2 hour or so and my husband felt we didn't get to enjoy enough.

But NCL is and always will be our favorite unless another cruise line comes out with a better suite and better perks than what we have with NCL. We are totally spoiled especially with the new ships, how they have the concierge lounge and private restaurant set up on the EPIC and we are hoping it is the same way on the Breakaway when we sail in May. It is so nice having this all on our floor so we don't have to leave if we don't want to. To us NCL is the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Yes, Princess has very nice suite perks as well as good loyalty perks for Platinum and especially Elite status. Attached are the latest suite amenities.

I hope NCL will have great suite perks too since we'll be in a suite on the Dawn in 17 months.

Princess Suite Amenities.pdf

Yes, Princess has very nice suite perks as well as good loyalty perks for Platinum and especially Elite status. Attached are the latest suite amenities.

I hope NCL will have great suite perks too since we'll be in a suite on the Dawn in 17 months.

Wow, sounds like Princess was very nice. We have not been on a Princess cruise and don't think we will be able to do one as my doctors have just laid down the law that with my heart problems they do not want me around a lot of folks any longer and no more cruises after this Christmas NCL Star cruise.

But in regards to the amenities that Princess offered compared to NCL is you do not have free internet and it is spotty for sure, depending on which ship you are on and where you are. Satellites are very undependable and sporatic.

The newer NCL ships have their own private restaurants for The Haven guests. On the older ships such as the Dawn you have access to Cagneys(the steakhouse) for private breakfast and lunches. Only suites have access to this.

Depending on what level of suite you have i.e. the Owners Suites get 3 bottles of liquor on NCL we don't like the owners suites as we like having 2 beds and 2 baths so only get the family suite even when just my husband and myself. We have to buy vodka for my husband @ $120.00 a bottle but it is so worth it for him to have his bloody mary in the morning while getting ready for the day.

And then because of the particular room we get we have 4 flat screen TV's. One in the master bed, master bath, second bedroom and living room.

It is so worth it and I am sure you are going to enjoy the Dawn as we have been on her and she is very nice.

Enjoy!!!!

Wow, sounds like Princess was very nice. ...

But in regards to the amenities that Princess offered compared to NCL is you do not have free internet and it is spotty for sure, depending on which ship you are on and where you are. Satellites are very undependable and sporatic.

In my opinion (admittedly after only one cruise with Princess) you're not missing much by not sailing on Princess.

They've discontinued the free Internet for suite guests, though you'd be grandfathered in if you booked prior to summer (2012) or so. We did, which is why we were able to enjoy that perk last Thanksgiving on the Caribbean Princess.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Looked into the penthouse suite on NCL Dawn and there's an up charge for the extra perks? Why do so ant make it sound that its included in the price, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Sounds like a website typo or other mix-up. Suite perks are included in your cruise fare.

Tom