Another upgrade question...

This will be my second cruise on RCCL. I have been checking on upgrade preferences online and they have changed in the last few weeks. So my question is this...if by some chance I get an upgrade...is it always the same deck or higher...same cabin type or higher deck...or must you stay in exactly what category you booked? I checked that my family needs to be upgraded as well (we have two cabins in total)...has anyone ever been offered an upgrade for two cabins...??? Is it possible to move from a reg size balcony to a larger balcony or above...

This will be my second cruise on RCCL. I have been checking on upgrade preferences online and they have changed in the last few weeks. So my question is this...if by some chance I get an upgrade...is it always the same deck or higher...same cabin type or higher deck...or must you stay in exactly what category you booked? I checked that my family needs to be upgraded as well (we have two cabins in total)...has anyone ever been offered an upgrade for two cabins...??? Is it possible to move from a reg size balcony to a larger balcony or above...

I am D+ and never got an upgrade, as far as I can tell it is random. I have never heard of a double upgrade ( two cabins). Usually an upgrade is a higher level than you booked. Enjoy your cruise.

Where on your reservation do you find the preferences for upgrade. Do you have to complete the Check-In process first in order to access the upgrade preferences page? I will be going on my first RCCL cruise next year and I've read about cruisers stating their preferences in case they are chosen for an upgrade but I can't figure out where it is on our reservation. Thanks for everyone's help.

Where on your reservation do you find the preferences for upgrade. Do you have to complete the Check-In process first in order to access the upgrade preferences page? I will be going on my first RCCL cruise next year and I've read about cruisers stating their preferences in case they are chosen for an upgrade but I can't figure out where it is on our reservation. Thanks for everyone's help.

The only preferences I am aware of are those on the Crown and Anchor member page. If you are not a C&A member perhaps that is causing your confusion.

Just be aware that what the cruiseline considers an "upgrade", may NOT be one to you! You can end up with the same size/type of cabin, but in a different location. An upgrade is not necessarily to the next higher cabin catagory (ie: from a D to a suite or a JS to an GS!!!)...it could be from a mid ship E catagory on a lower deck to a forward E catagory on a higher deck.....some folks would NOT like that sort of an "upgrade"!

Archived