Allure 6/26 sailing

Hmm thanks for that I didn't even think of those extras. I guess it would be more. Do they still have the fiesta base price with all you can eat or has it gone to a limited menu or a la carte? Thanks again for the wounderfull insight and info.

Yes, it's still available for the set fee. ($20 with 3 booze drinks, $10 without the alcohol)

Thanks for review. We were on same sailing and had a great time.

According to the Captain's whiteboard, there were 8,460 people on board:

http://gallery.me.com/cnicholson1#100360/BY7G9089&bgcolor=black

We did the Oasis during the same week last year and, at that time, we broke a record with 8,328:

http://gallery.me.com/cnicholson1#100305/BY7G1423&bgcolor=black

Popular week for some reason, I guess.

I agree that the elevators were crowded/slow at times. Last year we took the stairs more often, but this year we has an 82 year old with us so that was not an option much of the time.

We were on the week before you. Agree with you that the crew was very friendly. I only had one interaction that was not very helpful which occurred in the Windjammer when I was looking for skim milk. Out of all the crew members we encountered I would say that is a very good record.

Also have to agree about the elevators. We generally take the stairs to burn calories while we are on-board, but at the end of a full day an old guy can use a lift sometimes. The waits were often very long and more than once we heard other passengers grumbling.

Overall, cruising on the Allure is a great experience that I would recommend-- especially to people traveling with a large group, kids and/or young adults.

Gordon, thanks for the review it was good to see that you had a wonderful cruise.. Like the new chops menu it looks great and do like the feista menu oin Ritas we would do that in a heartbeat especially with the margaritas.

By the way I went 360 degrees I know I mentioned to you that I was going on the NOS but thinking of changing to Allure well I was booked on NOS and cancelled that and am going on Azamara Journey instead. I just wanted to try something different not sure how I am going to feel about the size of the vessel but it was to good of a price to pass up and have been curious about what an upscale line is like so now is my chance to do that.

One of the nice things I discovered was the C&A and Captain club are honored on Azamara so I am at the high end of their loyalty program not bad for never stepping foot on one of their ships. I believe we should have a good time

Gordon, thanks for the review it was good to see that you had a wonderful cruise.. Like the new chops menu it looks great and do like the feista menu oin Ritas we would do that in a heartbeat especially with the margaritas.

By the way I went 360 degrees I know I mentioned to you that I was going on the NOS but thinking of changing to Allure well I was booked on NOS and cancelled that and am going on Azamara Journey instead. I just wanted to try something different not sure how I am going to feel about the size of the vessel but it was to good of a price to pass up and have been curious about what an upscale line is like so now is my chance to do that.

One of the nice things I discovered was the C&A and Captain club are honored on Azamara so I am at the high end of their loyalty program not bad for never stepping foot on one of their ships. I believe we should have a good time

The Azamara cruise sounds nice. We were looking to step out and try Celebrity but I think we are going back to the Allure. We are trying Princess out in February of 2013 to Tahiti on one of the Princess small ships that are actually sisters to the Azamara ships. It will be intesting to see how we like Princess but I feel that since this is such a small ship, it will not give us a real Princess experience. :)

The Azamara cruise sounds nice. We were looking to step out and try Celebrity but I think we are going back to the Allure. We are trying Princess out in February of 2013 to Tahiti on one of the Princess small ships that are actually sisters to the Azamara ships. It will be intesting to see how we like Princess but I feel that since this is such a small ship, it will not give us a real Princess experience. :)

Gordon, we did the Caribbean princess and it reminded me a little of the radiance class, We love Sabatinis the italian restaurant thought the food was very good. We really dislike the horizon court it was to broken up for us and difficult to get around because it is broken up and confusing. I did like the layout of the ship and we did have a good time, there are to many cruises I want to take before going on another Princess cruise but would consider doing another one again.

Thanks Gordon, I know if I want any info I can always ask you now I hope the food is as good on the Radiance as the Allure as I am doing the Radiance first:eek:

Carol:)

Gordon, we did the Caribbean princess and it reminded me a little of the radiance class, We love Sabatinis the italian restaurant thought the food was very good. We really dislike the horizon court it was to broken up for us and difficult to get around because it is broken up and confusing. I did like the layout of the ship and we did have a good time, there are to many cruises I want to take before going on another Princess cruise but would consider doing another one again.

This is more for the itinerary than ship but it will be good to try Princess.:)

Thanks Gordon, I know if I want any info I can always ask you now I hope the food is as good on the Radiance as the Allure as I am doing the Radiance first:eek:

Carol:)

Carol, I can only speak for the specialty dining but the food was very good. :)

THanks for posting this! Quick question... I am taking my 3 boys (ages 11, 13, 15) on August 13th (Oasis)... What do they need to wear on the formal nights? I was thinking khaki's and button down with ties?

Thanks! susan

Home today from another great week on the Allure. We spent two weeks on the Allure back in January. I am not going to write a review but will just make a few comments.

It was a very full ship. Captain Johnny stated that between the crew and guests, we were 35 bodies short of a full ship and a record to date on the number of people sailing on the Allure. Something like over 8700 people on board but I don't remember the exact number. We had over 1800 kids on board. I must say that the ship did a good job of handling the crowds. Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived at the port at 10:30 and were in our seats by 10:45 waiting to board. We started boarding around 11:20. Very nice.

We only went to two shows since we saw them all a few months back. Ocean Aria and Blue Planet were great as usual and are our two favorites. We attended the C&A past guest function which was held in Studio B and the cast of "How To Train Your Dragon" put on the ice show for everyone. Very nice but this is a shows targeted to the younger audience but still a nice touch by the crew.

We never went to the MDR once on this cruise and only visited the WJ once for dinner. As was our experience in January, it was the same with the WJ. Crowded and the food was not that good. We ate most of our dinners in the specialty dining restuarants. All were good to very good with Giovanni's being the best for us as in the past. Service was outstanding in each venue. Room service when used was quick and the food served hot which was surprising with the number of guests on board.

Touching on service and the crew. I had read negative comments on this board recently about the crew. Not our case. The crew was just as great as it was back in January. We spoke to crew who had recently transferred over from Oasis and were much happier on Allure for this reason. Only once did we have someone who did not speak or smile and I chock it up to someone having a bad day as we all do from time to time but overall a great experience here.

Elevators - This is one of my pet peeves and the elevators just cannot handle the amount of guests when the ship is full. Our cabin was up on deck 17 and when you had to ride from deck five up to seventeen, it could take some time. First trying to get an elevator was a chore. Second it stopped on just about every deck and no A/C made it an uncomfortable chore. We walked when we could but there are times when you need to use the elevator.

Debarkation was also great. We always do the self debarkation. We left the ship at 6:15 and was at the airport by 6:40. We were able to catch a 7:45 flight and landed in Atlanta at 9:15. Can't get much better than that. :)

In closing, overall a great cruise and we were already booked for April of next year on the Allure but we booked another trip on her in January and now have to decided if we want to venture out and try Celebrity or go back to what has become our favorite ship.

I put a post on the boards while on board that Rita's has gone from a $7.95 all you can eat to a $3.00 service charge and a la carte menu. I am going to post the menu. Not sure how clear the prices will be. By the way, the new a la carte pricing did not seem to affect their businss in a negative way. Sea days were very busy and we dined there on Friday evening and it was over half full for the second formal night. I am also posting the new menu from Chops and the current menus from Central Park 150. Again, I apologize if they do not come out clear.

New Chops Menu - I did not take a photo of the dessert menu. The only change. Cheesecake is gone and Red Velvet Cake took it's place. They added a Creme Brulee.

ChopsSide1.jpg

ChopsSide2.jpg

Rita's A la Carte menu

Ritas2.jpg

Ritas3.jpg

THanks for posting this! Quick question... I am taking my 3 boys (ages 11, 13, 15) on August 13th (Oasis)... What do they need to wear on the formal nights? I was thinking khaki's and button down with ties?

Thanks! susan

That is a loaded question on this board.:) With that said, what you described is fine IMHO.

We were also on the Allure on 6/26 and thought that nothing was better looking than little boys who were dressed up. You will see all kinds of outfits on kids AND adults, but we really liked seeing kids who folks thought it was a good idea for them to get the hang of dressing for formal nights. Your plans sound great!

Archived