if I book an inside guarantee...

same answer as I gave on the thread below about booking a 1A.

My PVP says that the chain they use to decide assignments of a IS will not do a 1A. But its not in writing, but she says you will not get one and she worked for Carnival a long time.

I had one finally this Jan on Ecstasy and it wasnt bad, but I was solo.

the site shows you could, but my PVP says you cant. You can decide what to believe.

I've never heard of an IS being assigned a 1A cabin - it has always been a 4A or higher. I don't know if that is because they start the IS cabins at 4A's or if it is because the 1A cabins always sold out quickly because they were a good deal for single cruisers. Since they got rid of the 150% single pricing I'm not sure if they still sell well enough to sell out before the guarantees are assigned.

I also think that getting a 1A is very rare when booking the guarantee.

But becareful with the inside-- you could wind up being in an area that is quite noisy.

Under the show lounge, under any of the lounges on the upper deck- under the pool area, under the galley. Under the room service service areas.

we had a 1A on our triumph cruise, but we booked it. personally I don't like taking the chance on a guarantee room type. I want to know what i'm getting and where it's going to be on the ship.

we had a 1A on our triumph cruise, but we booked it. personally I don't like taking the chance on a guarantee room type. I want to know what i'm getting and where it's going to be on the ship.

Im the opposite, I love guarantees and the chance for a free upgrade. I would take them if they were less than ES or whatever rate. Part of the reason I now would wait for last minute pricing and never going to book ES again. Im usually ambivalent about which cabin I have.

I usually dont answer questions about which cabins to pick if anyone has noticed .. people will say, which of these 3 cabins should I pick and Im like who cares..?? I really am.

personally I don't like taking the chance on a guarantee room type. I want to know what i'm getting and where it's going to be on the ship.

I am the same way! I never book a guarantee. I scan the deck plans to pick exactly the cabin I want, even if it means paying more than someone who books a guarantee and gets upgraded.

Archived