Great place for lunch on Jewel, after initial boarding...

moose55d

Tsars !

Never could understand why they steer everyone to buffet:confused:..SO overcrowded upon boarding and when like that..not a good first impression of NCL dining:eek:

Looking for a nice quite sitdown for 2 families....any suggestions?

Not sure about "Quite" but Tsar's will be quieter (and easier) than the Buffet. Seating in the Buffet ,as on all depatrture days.will be a struggle. The aft open air dining (Great Outdoors) might be worth a look. If you snag tables, It's a great place to dine.

You didn't say if you are in a suite. Cagney's will be available if you are suite level.

Tsars !

Never could understand why they steer everyone to buffet:confused:..SO overcrowded upon boarding and when like that..not a good first impression of NCL dining:eek:

They are trying to get ready for the muster drill. They have to work very hard on embarkation day.

They are trying to get ready for the muster drill. They have to work very hard on embarkation day.

Thanks..forgot about muster drill prep...and yes..I know..how hard the staff works on embarkation day!! (and every day for that matter!) Don't know how they do it.:)

YES

Stay clear of any buffet on any ship on ebarkation day. It is a madhouse. Go to the MDR for a nice sit down meal where you all can sit together. One reason I think the buffet is so crowded is that most dont know there is another restaurant open. And I think people want to check out the pool when they get on board and eat near the pool. The Jewel was my first cruise and I did the same. I got a plate of food from the buffet and sat outside to eat. Now I know and head to the open MDR to sit, eat, relax, and stay away from the crowds.

Archived