Tattoo in Ketchikan?

dk1

I'm thinking about getting a new tattoo while in Ketchikan on Sun 9/11. I'll be on the CCL Spirit and we'll only be docked there in the morning hours, leaving port at about 1pm. Is this possible?

DK

Depends of the size of the tattoo and the abilities of the artist as well as your ability to sit/whatever.

Then, of course, there will be oozing and healing time after, where it may not be so attractive and where you need to take care of it. There are some restrictions on a few activities that you should follow. Failure to take care of a new tattoo may leave you with less than the desired results.

If it isn't finished, then you'll need to go back for a second sitting.

Just looking for a nice Alaskan icon, a Thunderbird or something as such in the Alaskan fashion. Note the date as well. I have a couple other Tats, won't be a first and although there's always a first time, so far there have not been any issues. And I am definitely not looking for a cowboy hat at JFK! If the timing doesn't work, so be it.

DK

Just looking for a nice Alaskan icon, a Thunderbird or something as such in the Alaskan fashion. Note the date as well. I have a couple other Tats, won't be a first and although there's always a first time, so far there have not been any issues. And I am definitely not looking for a cowboy hat at JFK! If the timing doesn't work, so be it.

DK

I hear what you are saying (I think). You want that tattoo done there, not one in a local parlor that looks Alaskan. I have to bring Disney stuff to the grand kids who live in New England. I could save the hassle and go to their local Walmart and get something Disney related, But, I would know the gift wasn't from Disney proper. Kind of dumb I guess, but it makes me feel better. So, I think you are saying a tattoo there is your memory of being there.

You might want to obtain a different souvenier, due to potential infection. You'd have no recourse IF that happens while travelling. Good luck .

I'm thinking about getting a new tattoo while in Ketchikan on Sun 9/11. I'll be on the CCL Spirit and we'll only be docked there in the morning hours, leaving port at about 1pm. Is this possible?

DK

Google Alaska Ink .. they have a FB page and are open on Sundays

Since it's not your first tat, you pretty much can guess how long the size & design will take to complete. But be sure to research until you find a GOOD tat artist who will give you your money's worth. Don't wanna be stuck with a lousy permanent souvenir of your cruise for sure.

You could always design your own & take it with you. Best of both worlds - if they follow your pattern then you know what you're getting with little risk of getting a messed up tat (unless you run into a beginner artist or just a bad one).

Good luck & have a great cruise! :cool:

:)I just googled parlors in Ketchikan. There are 3. One is alaska-ink.com, it's across from the dock at 618 Water St. Next is The Final Touch, also near the dock at 910 Water St. The 3rd is set in a ways. Rain City Tattoo at 830 E. Sesame St.

:)I just googled parlors in Ketchikan. There are 3. One is alaska-ink.com, it's across from the dock at 618 Water St. Next is The Final Touch, also near the dock at 910 Water St. The 3rd is set in a ways. Rain City Tattoo at 830 E. Sesame St.

I missed the last two on my quick search, thank you.

I have a good idea what I'm looking for, an eagle or Thunderbird in the native fashion. I'll find it or won't get it. 9/11 is important (grew up in NY, classmates were killed as were friends of my retired NYPD dad), but I will research and let fate decide.

dk

Archived