Open Dining Question

CCKelly

Quick question about the Open Dining: After reading some other threads on this including the "stickies", it appears that if you arrive at the MDR around 7:30 or so, there may be quite a wait for a table. Do they give you a pager, so that you can head back to say Explorer's lounge for a drink while you are waiting?

There are 2 lines -- one for those who made reservations -- one for those who just show up.

If you haven't made a reservation -- get in that line -- they will tell you if there is a wait and yes -- you will be given a pager and can go to the Explorer's Lounge or elsewhere.

How do you go about making reservations for the main dining room?
Call extension 88 or go to the steward podium located near the Canaletto. They say the reservations "open" at 8:00a but we have often been successful at making them earlier than that.

Thanks for the replies. So you can make reservations for the MDR for that night only (starting at 8:00 in the morning), is that correct? Although it seems that there is sometimes still a wait whether you have reservations or not. I don't think a wait of 15-30 minutes would be that bad if you can go get a drink in one of the bars while you wait.

While I am here, one more question concerning wine, will they hold a part used bottle of wine for the next night (on Eurodam), and do you have to come back to the same restaurant to "reclaim" it? That is, suppose we drink a partial bottle at the Pinnacle Grill one night, could we have the rest in the MDR the next night or the rest in the MDR at lunch the next day?

We made a reservation for the first night the day we boarded and had no problem getting a table for 2 at 8pm. When we left the restaurant the first night we told them how much we loved our servers and could we have the same table again the next night at the same time. It was no problem at all.

One night we did not finish our bottle of wine in the MDR. The next night we ate in the Lido and they brought our bottle up to that restaurant.

Thanks for the replies. So you can make reservations for the MDR for that night only (starting at 8:00 in the morning), is that correct? Although it seems that there is sometimes still a wait whether you have reservations or not. I don't think a wait of 15-30 minutes would be that bad if you can go get a drink in one of the bars while you wait.

While I am here, one more question concerning wine, will they hold a part used bottle of wine for the next night (on Eurodam), and do you have to come back to the same restaurant to "reclaim" it? That is, suppose we drink a partial bottle at the Pinnacle Grill one night, could we have the rest in the MDR the next night or the rest in the MDR at lunch the next day?

We were able to make open seating reservations for the current and next day as well. If you call each day you should be okay in getting a table continuously. It will depend on the size of your group - tables for 2 are pretty easy but large groups are usually only booked twice a night for any one table, ie if you are a large group you will probably only have an early or later time available to you.

You can make reservations for 3 nights at a time for the Open Seating.

Yes -- if you start a bottle of wine in the Pinnacle and want to finish it the next day in the dining room whether it be lunch or dinner -- the wine steward will tag your bottle with your name and cabin number.

If you are going to eat in a different place you might want to tell the steward to send your wine there. I've had wine stewards in Canaletto and the Pinnacle get a little rude with me when I mentioned I'd like my wine from the MDR.

Archived