Snorkel Beach

vap1120

Will be leaving on the Gem to go to Bermuda on Sunday. I have read mixed reviews about Snorkel Park Beach on line. What are the admission fees? My husband is in a wheel chair is it easily accessible? Would love any information that anyone could offer.

Will be leaving on the Gem to go to Bermuda on Sunday. I have read mixed reviews about Snorkel Park Beach on line. What are the admission fees? My husband is in a wheel chair is it easily accessible? Would love any information that anyone could offer.

We are also sailing out on the gem to Bermuda in august I've found great info for Bermuda on the Bermuda boards just look for it on the cruise critic main page . They talk about snorkel park and much more these folks know the island.

My quick thoughts on Snorkel Beach - $5 admission, closes at 4pm - I think it would be accessible - long sloping walkway, I don't remember any steps

Beach seemed a little small and closed in but super convenient to the ship

Hope this helps - we LOVED this cruise - have a great time!

They have improved it a lot in the past year. It is accessible as far as the bar in the middle via a concrete walkway. The sand is very soft after that and a chair will sink into it. You can ask the ticket person if you can go in and have a look to see if it is suitable for your accessible needs before paying - I asked and they were fine with that.

Try to avoid going to Snorkel Park at low tide as the swimming is poor then because the water is too shallow. The clock tower on the building visible from the ship has one clock which shows time of high tide. Also suggest you wear tevas or flip flops in the water as there are numerous small rocks.

We did snorkel park with kids, which was perfect. Plenty of fish to see without going out on a boat or in rough waters. The water wasn't nearly as beautiful, but it served the purpose. We brought cheerios with us and held them in our hands, the fish would come right up to eat them.

Why would anyone pay a $5.00 admission to snorkel park when Horseshoe is free and the most beautiful beach on the Island ?

Nothing attractive about snorkel park once you've seen the south shore beaches.

We like snorkel park as the sun is going down. Some pretty pictures but thats about it.

For mobility issues it's totally understandable .

We'll be back to Bermuda in October and Horseshoe here we come , again ! Can't wait.

Archived