Unbeliveable Aboard Westerdam

charliewesley

Actually, I was LOL. I've managed to keep my mouth shut for 97 posts to this thread and when someone asks for other moms, I pop in, tell her to just leave it be and throw in a joke for good measure (and not nearly as insulting as I've been - come on, Heather, I'm playing nicer, aren't I?) and I get reamed again. So, yes, I was laughing as I just can't win!!!!! Before this thread got so ugly, I was honestly going to get clarification on whether the aft pool IS or IS NOT a pool for children as some comment that it's posted, whereas others say it was not posted. Believe it or not, I aim to keep the rules in check at all times; for my kids and for myself.

Thanks Amy!! I have really just found this website/ specifically just too negative, so I am headed elsewhere. Anyway, truly it is for most people a vacation so relax, let go and just enjoy yourself, don't worry about everyone else.

Remember everyone it is Easter weekend, for those of you that are of a Christian faith, those who are not, I am not trying to offend! Forgivness!

I agree with Amy if it says it is an adult pool then I would adhere to that rule, however we all make mistakes, especially me:o So if this mom did then well let it go. If not there are sure worse things to do than take your baby swimming.

If your that fired up about a baby in a pool, design a "Poop" proof diaper, be constructive with your time. While your at it could you design a stroller that rolls well, and a car seat that is actually easy to clean.

Just a mom,
Chris

Copy and paste this link into the address bar [HTML]http://www.fishershops.com/swimdiaper.html[/HTML]

The link contains photos of the adult swim diapers. Fortunately they have a distinctive appearance so everyone can vacate the pool when the incontinent adult swimmer is spotted!

A description from the site.........

"Swim Diapers for Adults and Youths can be used in the swimming pool, hot tub or at the beach. Now available in two styles. Either style can be worn alone or under a suit but both styles function equally well. Suitable for both males and females. A great solution for the swimmer with bowel incontinence. [COLOR=DarkRed]The Swim Diaper contains solids while allowing liquids to seive through, [/COLOR] but will not fill with air and balloon out or absorb large amounts of water and act as an anchor. " :eek:

To Chris3169, I'm a mom. My kids are teenagers now, so they get lumped into their own "hated" group on these message boards. But I don't buy the poor mom just trying to have some fun excuse. Everybody has to make some sacrifices when they go out or travel with small children. That's part of the job as a parent. Our philosophy was the kids are old enough to go to a good restaurant when they're old enough to pay! Not quite true but it gets the point across. This goes for pools, movies, hotels, etc. If you have to miss out on something because your kid isn't allowed in, or common politeness dictates you leave ( such as screaming babies at the dinner table) that's just a fact of that stage of your life. Someday as the kids get older you can go back to enjoying life again! Believe me, I know...I did my time at Sesame Place and Disneyworld, and now we get to see Alaska, Europe, etc and use the good silver and china.
Happy cruising!
Margaret

[font=Arial Black][color=blue]Wow! One of the problems with boards like these (and not just CC) is that we only get the words without the body language and tone of voice to accompany those words. Even smilies don't always adequately convey meaning. The OP spoke to the loss of common courtesy in society, and this thread has demonstrated that pretty well. Oh, well... [/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=blue]To quote Rodney King (police victim and 15-minute celeb), "Can't we all just get along?":) [/color][/font]

Well put Margaret (Smmessineo). When our kids were very young (and with four of them, born between '67 and '76, that was a lo-o-o-ng time:rolleyes: ) we did things appropriate to their age. Mixed in were trips to see grandma and grandpa (who could be counted on to babysit while mom & dad had a rare day out alone).

Many a time DW or myself would be in a restaurant parking lot waiting for one or another of the kids to calm down so we could rejoin the family at dinner.

We chose to have kids early in life asnd forego some things for their sake while we raised them. We're now enjoying travelling together, visiting our kids and grandkids and doing "adult" stuff (although we've been to Disney World four times, we've never gone with our kids!).

Someday the situation may be reversed and our kids will have to forego some things to care for us.

That's life, it really isn't possible to have it all, all the time.

I believe 'rita was the one that said that if kids were banned from the first few rows of the theatre and there were kids sitting there, would you say no to your kids? (or something like that). I respectfully have to say "yes, I would". Perhaps I am just "square" and like to follow rules (for those of you who have heard of True Colors Personality test, I am a green-gold and I can't help myself!! lol!). But if there is a rule that says no kids in the first three rows of the theatre, I have to assume there is a good reason and regardless of who breaks these rules, I would like to teach my children that the rule should be respected.

I am not a mother, but I hope to start a family soon and enjoy observing families with young children. It is amazing the difference between parenting styles and how that can impact other citizens enjoying activities around them. I love kids! But if a child is exhibiting disruptive behaviour and the parent(s) condone it, that's when others attempting to enjoy cruise life get frustrated! Yes, a parent pays for their infant or child or teen to go on the cruise, but so did the other 1400 passengers aboard. Everyone has a right to enjoy the wonderful vacation they paid for....but not if that means at the expense of the other passengers.

The original poster was right, it is about common courtesy.

My personal opinion is that I would respect my fellow passengers by having a grand ol' time with my walkie talkies as I stroll around the ship but I would turn it off as I entered a quiet, romantic restaurant with classical music playing in the background!

But that's just me...
Now on to another thread...

Archived