Fort Lauderdale or Miami?

ausbod

Our cruise departs from Fort Lauderdale. However like most we are flying into Miami several days before. Could we have advice as to whether it is better to stay in Miami as a base to tour the area around both - or is Fort Lauderdale the better option.

Our cruise departs from Fort Lauderdale. However like most we are flying into Miami several days before. Could we have advice as to whether it is better to stay in Miami as a base to tour the area around both - or is Fort Lauderdale the better option.
It all depends on what you want to see and do. I enjoy doing the Everglades airboat rides/tours which are near Ft. Lauderdale and there are beaches in both places.

We like both places. All the attractions are within easy reach of both places. As Pam says both have great beaches.

I do think the Hotels are nicer and better value for money in Fort lauderdale. If you are young and lively I would recommend staying in South beach, Miami.:cool:

we live in ft.lauderdale and are sort of biased,however,there is a lot more to do in the ft.lauderdale area.Try the water taxi to get around town.You can even take the taxi to south beach which is like a cute mini cruise.

long cruiser

I think either place is nice.

If you would like a little more cultural diversity and a little more night life and the feel of the city it is nice to stay in Miami.

If you want it to be a little less city like then Fort Lauderdale is a nice option.

Keith

How many days before?

What time of day will you arrive?

Will you have a rental car?

We have stayed at both places several times. I love South Beach. We stayed at Palms HOtel and Spa on Collins Ave for 2 nites. We loved it. Little expensive but worth it. I wouldn't bring little kids. It was mostly grown ups. We got to walk down to south beach. Right on the beach after a couple steps.

Archived