Allure July 10 cruise

Just got back from the Allure. Just my wife and I sailed. Great cruise. We are first cruise Diamond members....11th Royal cruise. The MDR food is not as good as it used to be. Ate at Chops twice, Giovanni's table once, and MDR 4 nights. Went to Chicago, Blue Planet, Oceanaria, Ice show, Headliner(Texas Tenors) and the comedy show twice. The comedians were Miguel Washington and Richie Minervini. They were great and even got on stage together for some jokes at the end. Really funny. This is the second time we've seen the Texas Tenors.....did not love them either time. We swam with sea lions at Atlantis in Nassau, swan with dolphins in St. Thomas(actually in Tortola), and went to Maho beach to see the airplanes in St. Martin. Very sad to be home. The one negative in my opinion was a large group of young Spanish speaking kids who some how managed to be behind us at multiple shows and would not stop talking the entire time. There parents were nowhere to be found. Very frustrating to try to watch a show and these kids would not be quiet. Other than that, the only negative was MDR food quality. I'll try to answer any questions if I can.

MDR food was bad on the Voyager a well when we sailed out of Galveston

Was terrible on the Rhapsody when we went out of Galveston twice.

Their selections are terrible and they try to be too fancy

I'm a meat and potatoes guy and love fried chicken as well

The Carnival Conquest had much better food when we cruised on it last July

I loved the pub guitar player. He played everything, without any lyrics and without any sheet music. The piano player in the Schooner bar was really good as well. As far as it being the same menu, I agree that is true, but the food on the same menu tasted better in the past.

I loved the pub guitar player. He played everything, without any lyrics and without any sheet music. The piano player in the Schooner bar was really good as well. As far as it being the same menu, I agree that is true, but the food on the same menu tasted better in the past.

Was it Jimmy?

Just got back from the Allure. Just my wife and I sailed. Great cruise. We are first cruise Diamond members....11th Royal cruise. The MDR food is not as good as it used to be. Ate at Chops twice, Giovanni's table once, and MDR 4 nights. Went to Chicago, Blue Planet, Oceanaria, Ice show, Headliner(Texas Tenors) and the comedy show twice. The comedians were Miguel Washington and Richie Minervini. They were great and even got on stage together for some jokes at the end. Really funny. This is the second time we've seen the Texas Tenors.....did not love them either time. We swam with sea lions at Atlantis in Nassau, swan with dolphins in St. Thomas(actually in Tortola), and went to Maho beach to see the airplanes in St. Martin. Very sad to be home. The one negative in my opinion was a large group of young Spanish speaking kids who some how managed to be behind us at multiple shows and would not stop talking the entire time. There parents were nowhere to be found. Very frustrating to try to watch a show and these kids would not be quiet. Other than that, the only negative was MDR food quality. I'll try to answer any questions if I can.

It most likely was a Quinceañera group....lots of them on the Caribbean ships in the summer....most don't come with parents...they are usually large "supposedly" chaperoned groups.....notice the "supposedly":rolleyes: A bit of a funny story...my DD and I were just on Freedom...there was a group of about 50 of them on there also....my DD actually made friends with them...the girls mostly spoke nothing but spanish...so my DD was getting a kick out of trying to practice her Spanish....in any case she fit's in with them look wise very well....so you would think she was just one of them....well she even fooled their chaperone's....she meet them and they thought she was part of their group:eek:

It most likely was a Quinceañera group....lots of them on the Caribbean ships in the summer....most don't come with parents...they are usually large "supposedly" chaperoned groups.....notice the "supposedly":rolleyes: A bit of a funny story...my DD and I were just on Freedom...there was a group of about 50 of them on there also....my DD actually made friends with them...the girls mostly spoke nothing but spanish...so my DD was getting a kick out of trying to practice her Spanish....in any case she fit's in with them look wise very well....so you would think she was just one of them....well she even fooled their chaperone's....she meet them and they thought she was part of their group:eek:

The obnoxious kids were only like 10 years old. At one point during Blue Planet, we turned around and asked 2 of them to please be quiet. They got up, went up 5 rows to some adults, and came back 2 minutes later and started talking again. Really rude. I've been on the Adventure out of San Juan, and never had this type of problem. I think it was just a group of young kids with no manners. They just happened to be Spanish.

Hi there, I too am loyal to Royal...taking the Allure with family this October..I was wondering how the Central Park balconies were? we are staying on a outside balcony facing ocean, my parents wanted a balcony and the Central Park was more affordable.

The pics look good, but wanted to hear from someone who has stayed in one or saw the view/location..any comments appreciated..thanks..

I stayed in a ocean view balcony. We stayed on deck 14 under the pool deck. Stayed on the same deck last year on oasis, but never experienced the noise from above that I did on this boat. Could hear people walking around all day. Nighttime was not bad. The central park balconies looked great and seemed quiet, but my wife prefers the ocean view.

Hi there, I too am loyal to Royal...taking the Allure with family this October..I was wondering how the Central Park balconies were? we are staying on a outside balcony facing ocean, my parents wanted a balcony and the Central Park was more affordable.

The pics look good, but wanted to hear from someone who has stayed in one or saw the view/location..any comments appreciated..thanks..

Had a Central Park Balcony on Oasis in February, and they are great:)

Sheri

How was the Diamond Lounge and where was it located? Do you remember the hours for the evening happy hour? Wanda

Diamond lounge is right above boleros. Seemed like a pretty decent bar, some hors durves, wine. The hours I think were like 5 to 8:30.

Archived