A couple of questions...

Jenirae2

Sorry if these have been repeated I have been looking or I just need a little more clarification. First and foremost thank you for all of yalls replies..I am starting packing so I need a little information..

1. Bringing Drinks on the ship? We need to bring a gallon of water for our son who is on formula.. will be ok? How many bottles of wine can we get through and not have hassle (there will be four adults, a baby and a teenager-naturally the baby and teenager will not carry alcohol). How many sodas? Can we just pack a big old cooler with sodas and bring it on board??

2. On ports..do we have to bring our birth certificates or passports?

3. Must not miss things to do at Cozumel, Roaton Island, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman(yeah yeah I know look at the port boards.. I just want the infor right here.. :D )

4. How big our the interior staterooms? I know look at dimensions.. would it be ok with a crib??

5. My parents got a suite/balcony... and will be considered "the skipper club" can we go along with them? Or must we stay with the reg folks? (j/k about the reg folks thing... dont want to Pis off anyone

6. This is for the DH.. any good strip clubs at the ports?:confused:

I really do think this is it.. lol.. sorry for being a long list.. I just want it compiled. Hope yall have a great day! :)

I have only been on one cruise so I'm sure you will get more knowledgeable answers.

1. You should be able to bring water with no problem. Carnival states that you are allowed to bring a reasonable amount of sodas, water, etc.... I would think that you wouldn't have any problem if each of the adults brought a bottle of wine on board.

2.. I don't think you are required to bring your passport or b/c into ports but it would be a good idea.

3. The only think we did was shop and go to Paradise Beach while in Cozumel but as far as I'm concerened, it is a "must" beach. We plan to go again in September. It was a very nice beach, great food and great drinks.

4. Our stateroom was configured with the 2 beds apart and you could have put a crib in there but it would have been in the middle of the room. Tight but it would work. I saw a room with the beds put together and it didn't look there was any spare room with this type of configuration.

Good luck and have fun!

Sorry if these have been repeated I have been looking or I just need a little more clarification. First and foremost thank you for all of yalls replies..I am starting packing so I need a little information..

1. Bringing Drinks on the ship? We need to bring a gallon of water for our son who is on formula.. will be ok? How many bottles of wine can we get through and not have hassle (there will be four adults, a baby and a teenager-naturally the baby and teenager will not carry alcohol). How many sodas? Can we just pack a big old cooler with sodas and bring it on board??

2. On ports..do we have to bring our birth certificates or passports?

3. Must not miss things to do at Cozumel, Roaton Island, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman(yeah yeah I know look at the port boards.. I just want the infor right here.. :D )

4. How big our the interior staterooms? I know look at dimensions.. would it be ok with a crib??

5. My parents got a suite/balcony... and will be considered "the skipper club" can we go along with them? Or must we stay with the reg folks? (j/k about the reg folks thing... dont want to Pis off anyone

I really do think this is it.. lol.. sorry for being a long list.. I just want it compiled. Hope yall have a great day! :)

1 - Water on the ship is distilled and as clean as any bottled water. I would suggest packing a case of bottle if bringing water is necessary and marking it with your info for delivery with luggage. 2 bottles per adult is the limit for wine. Soda - a reasonable amount - no defined number but a couple 12-packs shouldn't be an issue.

2 - In ports, take your photo ID and Sign and Sail card. For the children without IDs, bring a b/c to be safe. BUT if you have Passports, my suggestion is to bring them along just in case you miss the ship. It will make getting home so much easier!!

3 - Can't say because I don't know your interests.

I would do:

Cozumel - Party Boat/Snorkeling followed by shopping OR Paradise Beach followed by shopping

Grand Cayman - Stingray City and Island Tour (then some shopping for watches!)

Roatan - Tabyana Beach - chill day

Costa Maya - Mahajual (sp??) - chill day

4 - How many people in the room? They can be cramped with 2 adults let alone adding a crib and an add'l child to the mix. In any rate, with the crib, keep the beds seperated.

5 - You must stay with the Regular folks unless you can sway the check-in people to let you go on with the Skipper's Club

6 - I haven't seen any there but I wasn't looking either! I would think the best shot would be Cozumel followed by Grand Cayman but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find any either.

There will be room for a crib no matter how you configure the other beds (actually having the beds together actually saves floor space). They will put the crib up against the bathroom wall. That will eliminate a bit of room for suitcases, etc., but you can slide them under the crib or under the other beds.

RE birth certificates and passports in ports ... you might want to make a copy and keep that with you and leave your original on ship. If there is any type of emergency in port... ie.. medical, missing ship.. etc.. this is your proof of citizenship that you used for embarkation and would need for assist from a consulate. Without it, it's much more of a hassle. I would not carry my original passport unless you're going to need it for a specific reason. There's a very hot market for American passports.

1) We took a ten month old with us. The doctor said not to change water on her. She drinks fountain water at home - so don't change to bottled water. We took all 15 of her bottles with 4 oz. in each and then took 20oz. water bottles with fountain water in for her.

Had four adults and baby - took 20 - 20oz. bottles of cokes and 12 - 20oz. bottles of bottled water for us. and a pint of Rum. Plus one bottle of wine.

(they will want to charge you a capping fee if you take the wine into the dinning room - even if you have a turn screw and open it yourself)(we told the waiter to take it out of his tip - he wasn't getting our card to record the $10 on - he walked away)

2) before getting on the ship - they will record your birth certificates or passports. When going off the ship in ports we only needed the ship card and a PICTURE ID.

4) On our first Ecstacy cruise we had two adults inthe pushed together king bed and a 18 yr old and 14 yr old in the pull bunks. Plenty of room - suitcases under all the beds.

On our recent cruise - we had two adults in the inside room would have had plenty of room for the crib. - the cribs are nice lower built and half the mattress size of the standard crib.REALLY NICE.

The other two adults had the room with a window across the hall from us and had the crib and all the baby things (three suit case full) and they had plenty of room.

We tie the room doors open and the baby went between the rooms across the hall. After the first days everyone on the floor watch for "BABY CROSSING" evening the room stewards. IT WAS GREAT!!

We have been on six cruises - started with Ecstacy in 1991 and now back to her again. Between then we have had a grad suite with a large veranda (bathroom was better than our recent whole inside room) we have had large rooms with windows. But we came home saying we were very happy with the inside room- it's only for dressing and sleeping!

SUGGEST GATHERED FROM READING THIS LIST: went to Walmart and got a folding soft side ice chest - it had a long handle and wheels to pull behind like a suit case - holds 54 cans. Paid $15 - all the baby jars food(which we bought half back) and all the bottles in #1 above went in this ice chest. An over night bag with bathroom items rode nicely on top of it thru the terminal and up the ramp. And I ask the room steward the first where I could get ice and he filled it for us and made sure we had ice every night.

Hope this helps......

• 1 month later...

Shame on you North Texas.

As a wine lover and cruiser I appreciate the fact that I can bring some wine with me on a cruise. Carnival's $10 Corkage fee is actually very reasonable compared to mainland restaraunts (usually $10-$25 if they allow it). Corkage refers to bringing your own bottle of wine into a restaurant not putting a corkscrew into the bottle. Although many of us use this to save money... it also allows you to bring something special that they might not otherwise have on the list.

Your refusal to pay bad enough but suggesting to take it out of the waiters tip is appauling.

I think it is a nice gesture to tip additionally when you BYOW (the Sommelier or waiter does the same amount of work wether it is their $100 bottle or yours (yet thier tip is $15 & $1.50 respectively. Please consider these point next time.

Happy Corking,

Mike

(we told the waiter to take it out of his tip - he wasn't getting our card to record the $10 on - he walked away)

So you penalized the waiter for *doing his job* and following Carnival policy? :eek: One word for you, disgusting.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

I have to agree... that is a standard policy (just about anywhere you "take your own")... if you didn't agree to the policy, you shouldn't have brought the bottle of wine! The waiter was simply doing his job...:rolleyes:

I agree, corkage is not referring to the actual service in opening the bottle, it is a service charge for allowing you to bring your own bottle. The dining room offers their own wine, if everyone who brought their own bottles did not pay a corkage fee, the cost of the wine purchased in the dining room would be more expensive.

The alternative the dining room could do is simply to prohibit people from bringing their own wine to the table. By charging a corkage fee, they are being generous in allowing you to enjoy your own wine, but at the same time, still earn a little bit of money for allowing you the privilege.

If I was a waiter and someone told me to "take it out of my tip", I think I'd be adding a little extra saliva to their food each night.

Sorry to the OP as this thread was semi-hijacked.... but as far as the interior staterooms, I think they are tiny. Bigger than on other cruiselines, but still tiny. I think fitting a crib in there is doable, but tight. Especially if the teenager is going to be in your room too.

I would suggest storing all the luggage in your parents' balcony suite, that way it would make space for you if you are going to keep the crib and the teen in your room.

i think it is VERY cool that you are asking this question for your DH... my DW did the same for me "back in the day"... :)

i don't remember seeing any clubs like that which means, if they do exist, they are probably not in the tourist part of town and you might want to consider avoiding them...

however, all is not lost... someone already mentioned Carlos & Charley's... just take him there and you both will have a ball... there will be a good deal of "adult exposure" there and YOU can even get into the act after some liquid courage if you so desire... ;)

i think your other questions were all pretty much answered so i'll not go there... i hope you guys have a GREAT trip... post a review when you get back and let us know how it was... :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Archived