What time did you disembark from the Allure?

We were recently on the Allure and did self debark and it was between 6:30 am - 7:30 am. There was a long line at customs and there are a ton of taxis so we arrived at about 8 at the airport. But, SW will only allow you to check bags in 2 hours before your flight.

I wonder if that check-in time has changed. It used to be 4 hours.

Resurrecting this as I haven't yet found my specific question...

I see lots of folks talk about doing the Express Walk Off at 0'dark 30. I do see that one of the latest debarkations are around 8:30.

We are on Allure in November. I just want to know if we carry our own bags off, can we just leave at any time we want between 6:30 and 8:30 without making arrangements with anyone ahead of time? Our flight isn't until noon.

Thanks!

I think if you do express walk off with your own luggage, you are expected to get off early. It is hard to get an elevator with all your luggage if you go later. We try to get off at 6:30 a.m.

Thanks for all the responses. I just remember my previous (and first) cruise I just really didn't like having to put my bag out in the hall the night before. So it was my hope to just keep it and take it off myself the next morning.

We don't need any Express walk off, and none of us are earlybirds :D so 6:30 isn't attractive. Plus our flight is at 12:00 on Virgin America, so that would way too early for going to the airport.

So if we just wait until 8:30 or 9:00 do you think the elevator situation would be better?

Thanks for all the responses. I just remember my previous (and first) cruise I just really didn't like having to put my bag out in the hall the night before. So it was my hope to just keep it and take it off myself the next morning.

We don't need any Express walk off, and none of us are earlybirds :D so 6:30 isn't attractive. Plus our flight is at 12:00 on Virgin America, so that would way too early for going to the airport.

So if we just wait until 8:30 or 9:00 do you think the elevator situation would be better?

The Allure disembarkation process lasts until 10 or 10:30am. The elevators will be still be crowded. With a noon flight, I would look to get start moving off the ship by 9am.

We were recently on the Allure and did self debark and it was between 6:30 am - 7:30 am. There was a long line at customs and there are a ton of taxis so we arrived at about 8 at the airport. But, SW will only allow you to check bags in 2 hours before your flight.

It is 3 hrs and 4 if you go down stairs to drop off

• 3 weeks later...
We recently disembarked at 10:00 am. No one checked to make sure we were leaving at our assigned time slot. Of you go earlier than your time, your luggage may not be there. If you go later, your luggage will just be sitting there waiting.

OHhh....that works for us considering our flight home is at 3pm. Where did you linger around on the ship? Did you walk your luggage off yourselves?

We recently got off the Allure and our flight home didn't leave until the next day so we were in no rush to disembark. You need to be out of your cabin by 8:30. There really is no place to linger around since everything is closed off to passengers. The WJ is open but closes early (I can't recall the time). No one checked the time we were actually scheduled to depart, even though our scheduled time was 10:45. I believe we actually walked off at 10:00. Our luggage was there waiting.

I wanna see the answer on this one too ;). We have a 12:55 flight out and thought it would be nice not to be rushed off the ship but hopefully still carry our own luggage.

I would bet with a 12:55 flight you don't even have to do self disembark.

When considering the timing of flight departures, you need to consider the airline and the time of year. Southwest has a reputation for very look lines to get through security. In addition FLL is a much more crowded during the winter season with 6 or 7 ships in port as opposed to the summer with only 1 or ships. We typically fly Delta and do express walk-off on Allure or Oasis. Even at Christmas when Customs decided to only assign 2 agents to process 6000 people we made our 11:00 flight.

• 9 months later...

Silly question, but are customs done as part of the disembark process? Or is this (i.e. long line at customs) meant at the airport?

Silly question, but are customs done as part of the disembark process? Or is this (i.e. long line at customs) meant at the airport?

Part of disembark process at the cruise port.

Part of disembark process at the cruise port.

Ok thanks. So need to account for this time plus regular airport lines.

Our flight is 11:40am - from FLL to Toronto - so trying to figure out if we should disembark ourselves or try to get first luggage tag assignment.

Our airline only has one flight out that day so we don't want to take chances.

Ok thanks. So need to account for this time plus regular airport lines.

Our flight is 11:40am - from FLL to Toronto - so trying to figure out if we should disembark ourselves or try to get first luggage tag assignment.

Our airline only has one flight out that day so we don't want to take chances.

You would probably be OK getting a low luggage tag number. However, if you are able to carry off your own bags, you will give yourself more time to accomodate any unexpected delays.

You would probably be OK getting a low luggage tag number. However, if you are able to carry off your own bags, you will give yourself more time to accomodate any unexpected delays.

Thank you. Sounds like it would be safer to self disembark

• 2 years later...