Juneau whale watching pics w/ bubble netting

Deb0702

Deb, truly stunning pictures!

?

Out of curiosity, what camera are you using?

We were using 2 cameras.. a Canon t2i w/ 75-300mm zoom lens and a Canon PowerShot. The bubble netting pictures were shot with the t2i. :)

We were using 2 cameras.. a Canon t2i w/ 75-300mm zoom lens and a Canon PowerShot. The bubble netting pictures were shot with the t2i. :)

Deb, were you zoomed all the way in with the telephoto lens. I have a 80-200, but was considering getting a 75-300 if I needed a little more distance]

Deb, were you zoomed all the way in with the telephoto lens. I have a 80-200, but was considering getting a 75-300 if I needed a little more distance]

I just checked and the focal length of the bubble netting photos was 120mm. :)

We just bought a T3i, and have a 35-135 lens. DH has been bugging me for a longer lens, says we MUST have it to get good pics...lol. Thank you, Deb, for that little bit of 'ammo'. Now I don't feel so guilty for saying no, no, a 1000 times no!!! Not this trip, maybe next one!

Again...fantastic pics.

And to newtocruising, thanks for asking the question.

Thanks! I just bought a sx230 to bring with me b/c of the zoom (not ready for a DSLR at this point).

Your photos are absolutely AMAZING! We were so fortunate to see bubble netting the day after you and had the same beautiful weather. It was such an amazing day. It made me sorry that I am not a photographer, as I dearly would have loved some pictures other than those I tried to take on my iPhone LOL -- but your pictures made me so happy so see:) THANK YOU!!!

I was also there the day after the Pearl. We saw bubble net feeding as well, but my pictures didn't come out as well. Thanks for posting yours. :)

People on our cruise this past week who took the whale watching trips in Juneau also saw good close up displays of groups of humpbacks bubblenetting. Seems to be a fairly common experience. If we come back again, we will definitely do the whale watching out of Juneau.

• 4 months later...

Archived