Pearl bowling questions

Tanless

While I sit here counting down the days, a couple of questions occurred to me:

1) Has anyone bowled a perfect 300 game while is not anchored?

2) Do you get any perk if you can perform this feat?

And for less skilled folk do the have "gutter guards" available?

Thanks

Thanks

I will show my ignorance! What exactly is pearl bowling?

Dot

I will show my ignorance! What exactly is pearl bowling?

Dot

The ship Pearl has onboard bowling lanes as an activity ( like rock climbing wall or wii). I hope this helps explain a little better.

Thanks

They do have gutter guards...thankfully. Just ask my wife :)

Dave

Our Meet & Greet group got comped for bowling on the Pearl in 2008. It was so much fun but it is a unique experience. I don't bowl that well on land; even worse while at sea with the ship rolling. We were at sea, not docked. Still, it was great fun! Don't know about perfect scores. I think I got 50 something. :):o

Our Meet & Greet group got comped for bowling on the Pearl in 2008. It was so much fun but it is a unique experience. I don't bowl that well on land; even worse while at sea with the ship rolling. We were at sea, not docked. Still, it was great fun! Don't know about perfect scores. I think I got 50 something. :):o

I think they should have a standing prize of 300 OBC for anyone who manages to bowl a perfect 300 game when the Pearl isn't docked. And it was major coolness that you all got a comp.

Is there a price for the bowling alley? Is it a flat fee or a cost per game?

its about 5-10 dollars per person per game i think. I read seen various ads that show a buy 1 get one 1 type of deal for the bowling on a select date at certain hours

Four of us bowled together on the Pearl. It was $5/game including shoes. We asked them to put the gutter guards up. Big mistake.

We bowled terrible. None of us broke 100. Our balls all veered left. The ship was moving but it was not rocking. We heard that some of the lanes are better than others. It was fun but if you're a serious bowler and care about your score it probly won't be for you.

Four of us bowled together on the Pearl. It was $5/game including shoes. We asked them to put the gutter guards up. Big mistake.

We bowled terrible. None of us broke 100. Our balls all veered left. The ship was moving but it was not rocking. We heard that some of the lanes are better than others. It was fun but if you're a serious bowler and care about your score it probly won't be for you.

Do you think it would be weird if I brought my bowling equipment? lol

I'm also going on the Gem, not the Jewel, but I assume it's the same.

Also what if I bring my own bowling shoes? Will the charge be less? I can't wait to bowl with the ship rocking, should be interesting. I have 2x 300 on land.

Do you think it would be weird if I brought my bowling equipment? lol

I'm also going on the Gem, not the Jewel, but I assume it's the same.

Also what if I bring my own bowling shoes? Will the charge be less? I can't wait to bowl with the ship rocking, should be interesting. I have 2x 300 on land.

I'm not sure if there's bowling on the Gem. Again, I wouldn't take it too seriously. I really don't think the lane was quite right. Our balls consistently veered to the left. They weren't going back and forth with the motion of the ship.

I'm not sure if there's bowling on the Gem. Again, I wouldn't take it too seriously. I really don't think the lane was quite right. Our balls consistently veered to the left. They weren't going back and forth with the motion of the ship.

There def is bowling on the Gem, just wasn't sure if the lanes were different.

I know the ball is going to move on the ship thats what makes it fun. I have a really aggressive hook and I'm sure some pax are going to ask me if the ship is making my ball move like that. (hehe)

My real question is, do I get a discount if I bring my own shoes? I read places the $5/game included shoes and I read elsewhere shoes were separate.

We had so much fun bowling on both the Pearl (Alaska cruise and cruise to nowhere) and the Epic. DH used to be a good bowler (3 300 games over a lot of league years just bowling once a week). However, with no shame we had the bumpers put up after a couple frames of gutter balls. The next two cruises we started out with bumpers up.

I have a photo of our Pearl scoreboard. Larry had high score of 149, mom 98, me 79, Don 74. Don was disappointed he didn't shoot his age :) Actually we laughed ourselves silly so it's a wonder scores weren't lower. I highly recommend trying the bowling.

We had so much fun bowling on both the Pearl (Alaska cruise and cruise to nowhere) and the Epic. DH used to be a good bowler (3 300 games over a lot of league years just bowling once a week). However, with no shame we had the bumpers put up after a couple frames of gutter balls. The next two cruises we started out with bumpers up.

I have a photo of our Pearl scoreboard. Larry had high score of 149, mom 98, me 79, Don 74. Don was disappointed he didn't shoot his age :) Actually we laughed ourselves silly so it's a wonder scores weren't lower. I highly recommend trying the bowling.

On the Pearl it's $5pp/game.

DSCF1563.jpg

Lanes on the Pearl

Tanless. I bowled a 300 on the Pearl, not really. I'm an accomplished bowler,holder of 11 state championships and numerous 300 games on land. I had the counter person jimmy the computer so that it recorded a 300 game on the screen. We took pictures of the computer screen and I bragged to my friends back home that I threw a 300 game while on a cruise. We had a lot of fun with those pictures!!

Tanless. I bowled a 300 on the Pearl, not really. I'm an accomplished bowler,holder of 11 state championships and numerous 300 games on land. I had the counter person jimmy the computer so that it recorded a 300 game on the screen. We took pictures of the computer screen and I bragged to my friends back home that I threw a 300 game while on a cruise. We had a lot of fun with those pictures!!

Now that is what I call having cruising fun - I bet you probably lip - synched the karaoke, too.

Archived