Early Homebound Flight From Miami

Sprucetree

Disembarking in Miami and would like to know the earliest flight I could expect to take back home without stressing about it.

There is a 10:55 flight that would get me home in the afternoon, but all the other flights would create a very, very long day.

I can do the early walk off by my self, but have some disabilities which make it slow going. So, I have another question on another thread about that.

I would not do this. Some people do and make it but if it was me it's just way too much stress. Remember it's not just about the ship arriving on time, and getting cleared on time and that you are one of the first people off. On top of that you could be stopped at customs and asked to go through all of your luggage. This happens and it is more prevalent at Miami than other places. Then you have the Miami airport to deal with and if you have a disability that can make it more challenging.

It all comes down to how much risk and stress you want to deal with.

If it was me, there is no away I would book a flight that early. I'm sure some will tell you that you should be OK. I don't like the word should when it comes to making a flight.

Keith

For a 10:55 flight you should arrive at MIA by 9:25, which means off the ship, with bags, clear of customs/immigration, and into a cab by 9:00 or a few minutes after. It probably can be done, but not with out stress. :(

Besides MIA you should also look at flights from FLL - it is only a 30-40 minute shuttle ride away (check out www.ridesas.com -- typicla fare is $15 per person) and may offer you a better flight option going home.

Good luck! :)

Archived