Specialty Dining Qusetion

troywest

on our cruise last year I think there was a group of 10 that wanted to dine together so I'm thinking if you ask ahead of time, they can make it happen.

New question - can we pre-book these restaurants before we board? I think last year it was possible but I know, practices change.

You cannot pre book, so go up to Aqualina the minute you get onboard. We had a large round table for eight one time in Prime C. Prime C also has a large rectangular table that seats up to ten I think. However, it is often booked for things such as the wine connoisseur dinners we enjoyed on both voyages.

We disembarked Quest last Tuesday and during our cruise there was a large American group that regularly had a table for 10 in Prime C and Aqualina. We were sat next to them one night and they were very noisy - but having a great time. :) I would let the Maitre D' know in advance that you want a big table though.

The advice to book Prime C and Aqualina as soon as you board is good. They do get booked up quickly. You can book for either 18:30 pm or 20:30 pm.

If it is available, the large rectangular table in Prime C can easily seat 14. We actually got 17 there one night. The round tables in the back can accommodate 8. We had a large group one night celebrating an anniversary and we had two round tables in the back to accommodate 16. The round tables in Aqualina can easily accommodate 8.

did you sail recently? during the boarding process, did they (a matrie d?) not solicit you to make a reservation for these venues?

When we sailed last October we were able to book at check in. There was a dedicated booking desk after we had checked in. We were able to make reservations before we boarded.

Lottie A mentions that these are the reservation times.....no 19:30 or 20:00? (times that I like) it seems odd that the MDR is anytime dining but they have evidently a two seating policy in the speciality restaurants?!

Lottie A mentions that these are the reservation times.....no 19:30 or 20:00? (times that I like) it seems odd that the MDR is anytime dining but they have evidently a two seating policy in the speciality restaurants?!

I just got off Journey yesterday (it was fabulous) and we had 20:00 a couple times.

We also once had a table for seven that could have held another.

We went up to Aqualina right away in March while others were talking in the reception area. I did not see a table in the boarding area for booking.

Hi Maryann !

I'm sure it varies from port to port, but when Journey was in Miami, they had a Specialty Dining reservation table set up just outside the main entrance to the ship. The guests were very happy with that arragement.

Having got off Quest last week I can confirm the speciality dining times in Aqualina and Prime C are indeed 18:30 pm and 20:30 pm. When I asked why this was the case the Maitre D' explained this was to allow two seatings for each table in one night.

If they allowed differing times....say 19:30 pm or 20:00 pm....then they would not be able to use the same table for a later sitting as the speciality dining experience takes about 2 hours.

The food in both restaurants is amazing.....but Aqualina is the winner for me. You can order items from each menu in either restaurant as they share the kitchen.

Archived