Sexy Halloween Costumes on Cruises

SocalCupcake

We have only been on one Halloween Group cruise and went as hippies since were celebrating our 40th anniversary and were married in 1967. I though the cutest costumes were a group dressed as all the characters from Gilligans Island.

One of the finalist was a guy dressed in a sports shirt and khakis. He had a sign around his neck that said "nudist on vacation."

The worst was a guy dressed in a full Peter Pan outfit with a frying pan tied around his waist. When approached he would swing the PAN to the side revealing a "P****R made from stuffed pantyhose. Really gross on a family cruise. May have been funny at an all adult party.

Just wondering how risque people dress on cruises since there are so many cute/sexy costumes out.

If anyone could let me know the style of costumes they've seen onboard, that would be great!

The only way to settle this is to post a pic with the costume on and everyone will let you know if it's too risque or not!!!!!:):)

Wear what makes you feel comfortable, have fun!

I have read on these boards that Carnival generally runs Halloween festivities for two to three weeks before Halloween. I'm sure some other people can elaborate with regard to their experiences.

They used to ...more like 3 weeks. M and M candies "sponsored" their Halloween bashes....

now they only have the Halloween stuff the week of the cruise, and only if Halloween falls within your cruise week.

• 5 weeks later...
Just wondering how risque people dress on cruises since there are so many cute/sexy costumes out.

If anyone could let me know the style of costumes they've seen onboard, that would be great!

I saw a couple of "interesting" costumes on my Halloween cruise in 2010, but nothing like I would have seen at bars around town back home. I actually bought a sort of "sexy" Marie Antoinette costume and ended up going a different route because Halloween on our ship was also formal night. I didn't feel like having to change into my costume and I didn't feel the M.A. one was really MDR appropriate, though I also wouldn't have called it "risque".

There are some pictures in my Dream review of our costumes (I was a flapper) and some other costumes as well :) (link is in my signature and the Halloween pics are on the first page of the review because it was our first full day on the ship). Some people didn't dress up at all, some wore pretty simple costumes (like us), but there were also a lot of really awesome all-out costumes. Halloween on the ship was SUCH a blast, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately it's true that Carnival is now only doing Halloween on the day itself. I was on the Conquest last year and that was the case. They didn't even put the decorations out until the day and then had them taken back down by the next morning.

There were some great costumes, especially among the group of transvestites that were sailing with us.

We sailed on the Dream last Halloween, and while there were not tons of risky costumes, there were some. I do recall a couple where he was dressed a swat officer, and she dressed as officer no one would mind being pulled over by!!! ;)

All in all thought, most people kept things PG rated, and rightly so. There were lots of children at the costume contest, and at least a few who went up on stage as part of the judging.

If you want some costume ideas, go to you tube and put in the search box Atlantis 2010 mexico cruise. you will see neumerous costumes. Background: Atlantis is a charter company that charters an entire ship for a cruise . It is adults only nobody under 18 so the costumes can be more risque. The 2010 cruise was L.A. to Mexico 7 day on rccl ship Each day had at least one, sometimes 2 dance parties with a different theme. The White party being the major one, 11.00 P.M. to 8.00 A.M. These boys are VERY creative.

Archived