Sexy Halloween Costumes on Cruises

SocalCupcake

der5585, nice video. Didn't see a 'sexy' costume in the bunch. :)

I would venture to guess that Celebrity in general is going to have a more conservative demographic. I think on Carnival things may be a little more risque.

I would venture to guess that Celebrity in general is going to have a more conservative demographic. I think on Carnival things may be a little more risque.

Possibly, but we did Celebrity last year, for Thanksgiving, and I can honestly say I didn't notice any difference in the clientele from CCL or RCCL.:)

We're doing Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes (we have a live show here at home at halloween where they encourage the audience to dress up so we have the costumes) Magenta and Frank, and yes he has the 6 inch platform shoes lol, and our 2 adult sons are doing the blue and orange tux costumes from Dumb and Dumber, our younger sons are going to be a zombie and Slash :) We're looking forward to our Halloween cruise, its the first year the summer seems to be dragging along!!

We're doing Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes (we have a live show here at home at halloween where they encourage the audience to dress up so we have the costumes) Magenta and Frank, and yes he has the 6 inch platform shoes lol, and our 2 adult sons are doing the blue and orange tux costumes from Dumb and Dumber, our younger sons are going to be a zombie and Slash :) We're looking forward to our Halloween cruise, its the first year the summer seems to be dragging along!!

This sounds incredible! You must post pics and be sure to include the 6 inch platforms! Dumb & Dumber sounds hysterical as well! LOL

Social, not sure if you are going as a couple, group or what but the group costumes really are usually quite a hit...last year we saw a group that did The Wizard of Oz, all the way down to the flying monkeys, it really was amazing...

There are a lot of really cute group and couple ideas out there if you google those type of things...

• 1 month later...
Here is my video of a Halloween party on Celebrity

Ok I watched your cruising the Bermuda Triangle video and now I'm super curious!! Was your video just a spoof or did something really happen on your cruise?? Piarates? The plague? What? :p

I have read on these boards that Carnival generally runs Halloween festivities for two to three weeks before Halloween. I'm sure some other people can elaborate with regard to their experiences.

Last year the Carnival site had a post that all ship sailings from Oct 16 - Oct 31 would have Halloween festivities, so not entirely sure about this year but I would imagine it would be pretty close.

Last year we sailed the Oct 31 sailing on the Legend, the most sexy outfits that we saw were some sexy lady pirates with a little bit of cleavage showing. The winner of the contest was an of Alice and Wonderland Themed group. There were LOTS and lots of pirates, some scarey monsters and some movie themed characters. As far as risque, you would see way more around the pool. If you are thinking about some of the sexy Halloween costumes that Victoria's Secret sells, I would not risk it. That would be way over the top. At least this was the case on our sailing.

Go and have a great time. :)

• 6 months later...

The cutest was a groups of ladies with large towels wrapped around each of them. Each lady wore a headband with animal ears and a matching animal tail attached to their backsides. They were "Carnival Towel Animals Gone Wild." Loved it! It was actually a CC member Eeyoregon. Haven't seen her on here lately. She could probably post a pic.

Awe, thanks BeccaBecca!!Trying to find some pictures to post...and trying to remember HOW to post them!

Awe, thanks BeccaBecca!!Trying to find some pictures to post...and trying to remember HOW to post them!

Well, you'll just have to use your imagination because I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to post a picture on here!!!! I've spent 30 minutes on the "test forum" and have run out of swear words!! I have some pictures on Picassa and apparently that is where they are going to stay. SORRY.

Gina

Would you wear it in front of your mom? your brother? or your child? then pick your costume, these cruises aren't all adults.:rolleyes:

These cruises are not all kids either

Actually Carnival seems to have cut back on the Halloween stuff since

M and M candy is not sponsoring it like they used to

Carnival used to offer Halloween decorations and parties and costume parties for several weeks in October on all sailings, now just on the actual day of Halloween itself, which falls on a weds

That is why I have switched to NCL for Halloween <grin>

I have seen some "naughty nurses", "pirate ladies", fairy's etc..some short skirts, some "bustier" tops....etc..

IMHO it also depends on your body type and age

Have seen a lot of funny costumes

One year our best "winning" guy was a conservative looking guy in his 50's...leaning up against the bar at our party....dark blue blazer, gray slacks, white shirt, burgandy tie....very staid looking

everyone would say to him "where is YOUR costume"?? "Why aren't you dressed up?"???

and he would turn around : in the back he was "nakkid" LOL>> just some polka dot drawers and socks with garters....bare back and legs haha

"I got divorced and she took half of everything" was his line haha

(He had hired a dressmaker to cutaway the back of his thrift shop jacket/shirt/pants and hold it in place with invisable nylon thread fasteners LOL)

He won the prize that year

Well, you'll just have to use your imagination because I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to post a picture on here!!!! I've spent 30 minutes on the "test forum" and have run out of swear words!! I have some pictures on Picassa and apparently that is where they are going to stay. SORRY.

Gina

Do you have a photobucket account?

Just upload them there, then click on the URL link to the right of your pic. Then, in this box, click on the yellow and black pic icon above, paste the URL and hit enter.

On Picassa, if you right click on your pic, does it give you the option to click "Properties"? If so, then do that, then copy the URL then do as stated above.

Good Luck!!

Archived