Need Help Deciding CCL, NCL, RC

supermom123

I am trying to plan a trip for a group of friends all with kids. We would like to sail out of New Orleans in 2012 sometime between Feb-May. The kids will range in age from 5-13. I am trying to decide between Carnival Conquest, Norwegian Spirit and RC Voyager of the Seas. What draws me to Carnival are the poolside movie, mini golf, waterslide and the age groupings of the kids clubs (the 12 & 13 year olds will want to be together). What draws me to the Spirit are the itinerary and the freestyle dining. I think that RC will be out of the price range of some, but seems like a great ship.

What is the best way to book a group? What is the best cabin option for a family of 5? family of 4? I have cruised twice before once on the Conquest and once with Princess. Both times it was just me and DH, so cruising with a group and with kids is all new to me. I have really appreciated everything that I have learned from CC, and sincerely appreciate any advice. I sure with I had known about CC before my last cruises!

If Voyager is beyond your price range, though it would be my first pick, I guess that one is out. You dont want to price people out of cruising. Voyager is the most beautiful ship Iv been on, but kids wouldnt care.

This is the Carnival boards, so Carnival would be a great choice, though their group rates are not worth it, so Id just let people book on their own whatever they want.

I have sailed on all 3 lines but not on the ships you have mentioned, I enjoyed all 3 but because of the kid factor I would reccomend CCL as my kids like their club as much as RCCls but more than NCLs as for Freestlyle dining I would say to request CCL s anytime dining. For a group you will need to have 6 cabins booked and I would say go thru a reputable TA who will negotiate the best deal for you.

I have never sailed royal, so I am no expert there, but of the three ships, Voyager is the only one old enough to put five people in a single cabin. But I don't know if they have cabins for five. Otherwise, the family of five would have to book two cabins. EM

Voyager has family cabins for up to 6, but they are rather expensive.

I think Carnival is a great choice since $$$$ is a factor and a cruise is a cruise to me. I just wouldnt go the group route necessarily... I love my PVP.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions. It has been very helpful. I am leaning toward the Conquest. Now to get everyone else "on board" with that decision. I'm thinking that 2 cabins will be the best for a family of 5. Thanks!!

Well, you posted on Carnival's boards, so obviously Carnival is going to be the overwhelming favorite.

I don't think you could go wrong with either RCI or Carnival for your trip. I would pass on NCL. Kids will have fun on either Voyager or Conquest.

If price becomes similar with Voyager and Conquest, I would pick Voyager. If Carnival is significantly cheaper, then Conquest.

I would say it depends on what you want to do. Are you strictly looking at options for the kids on board the ship, itineraries or layout of ship.

I'm with a lot of others, I don't think you would go wrong with any of them. You just have to decide what you want the most from this vacation.

Archived