Celebrity Silhouette- Captian?

aczi16

Who will be the captian for December 2011 Sailings on the Celebrity Silhouette? I believe it is either Captian Theo Zakkas or Captain Nicolas Pagonis? Need to know ASAP.

Thanks!

Annika

While aboard Constellation in January, Captain Pagonis said that he would be leaving to become Inaugural Master of Silhouette... But during last week's Naming Ceremony, Captain Kafetzis was serving in that role...

I tend to doubt that you will be able to know definitively as to who will serve as Captain for a sailing in December five months in advance...

Even the Captains don't know for sure. One of my favorite Captains told me he would be on a certain ship at a certain time and at the last minute things changed. Last minute changes in all staff positions are normal.

While aboard Constellation in January, Captain Pagonis said that he would be leaving to become Inaugural Master of Silhouette... But during last week's Naming Ceremony, Captain Kafetzis was serving in that role...

These two will alternate as Master. I also thought that Captain Pagonis would be at the helm now. I know that the two are to alternate but the exact timing is not known. Theo Zakkas is the Staff Captain and is onboard now.

Captain Pagonis started holidays in Mid-March so he should have been spotted on some ship by now or perhaps imminently on Silhouette.

Could it be possible that Captain Pagonis and Theo Zakkas are/were on board for Sea Trials/Orientation on the new Class (for them) since both came from Constellation.

Could it be possible that Captain Pagonis and Theo Zakkas are/were on board for Sea Trials/Orientation on the new Class (for them) since both came from Constellation.

Captain Pagonis was on board for the sea trials.

Capt. Nicholas Pagonis is the "other" Captain for the Silhouette. So when Capt. Dimitrios goes on hiatus, you will see Capt. Pagonis. Had him on the Connie last year and he is wonderful. Since you are sailing in October, it is really difficult to say who will be Captain.

I did watch the naming ceremony and Capt. Dimitrios seemed not to have much of a personality......perhaps "shy" would be a good way to describe how he came across?

Capt. Nicholas Pagonis is the "other" Captain for the Silhouette. So when Capt. Dimitrios goes on hiatus, you will see Capt. Pagonis. Had him on the Connie last year and he is wonderful. Since you are sailing in October, it is really difficult to say who will be Captain.

I did watch the naming ceremony and Capt. Dimitrios seemed not to have much of a personality......perhaps "shy" would be a good way to describe how he came across?

I've sailed with both Captains and they are my two favorites. However, I must give a different impression of Captain Dimitrios. He is so funny. Only he could get away with asking during the noon announcements if anyone had a GPS!!! During the naming ceremony, he certainly couldn't upstage the Celebrity powers.

I'm particularly interested in who the Hotel Director is.

If Nicholas Pagonis, aka Captain Rockstar is Captain Pagonis why do some refer to Dimitrios Kafetzis, aka the Joker, as Captain Dimitrios? Since Dimitris Manetas is master of Eclipse, I find the use of first names confusing.:confused:

I watched too from aboard Infinity and suspect that the dignified nature of the event may have influenced the basis for your observation...

I've sailed with both Pagonis and Kafetzis; they are--no doubt--the most personable captains I've encountered on any Celebrity ship... And while I enjoy both for their guest interface and great senses of humor, I think I might give a slight edge--despite Pagonis' socks--to Captain Kafetzis...

If you search for Kafetzis on YouTube, you'll find a very funny clip of the welcome aboard/officer introduction remarks he's done on Solstice... And his mid-day briefings often take a comedic turn [he once asked if anyone aboard could lend him a GPS so he could verify that it really was Puerto Rico--our destination--on the horizon!]... Long ago, there was a post here that described him as among the ship's [also Solstice, I think; that's where I encountered him] best entertainment...

Either case, Silhouette is in good hands from both a crew and a guest perspective....

If Nicholas Pagonis, aka Captain Rockstar is Captain Pagonis why do some refer to Dimitrios Kafetzis, aka the Joker, as Captain Dimitrios? Since Dimitris Manetas is master of Eclipse, I find the use of first names confusing.:confused:

Because that is the way his staff introduces him at functions such as the Captains Club gatherings.

Archived