More Magic Questions

Soonerbaby

Suppose we wanted a specific table for dinner (ten of us). Is there some place I can find a diagram of the dining rooms? Is there a way to contact the Matre'd ahead of time to request a specific table? This was our table on the Conquest. Check out the view! Kind of a hard act to follow, but I told my kids I would see if we could pull it off. :D

IMG_7261.jpg

Carnival does not even allow you to pick your table size .. if you could pick your table and the table size .. everyone would want a oceanfront window at dinner.

If you want special treatment, you can always post to John to ask.

If you call though they can put you all together. We always do this when we have our family reunion cruise every other year. And they always put us at the same table. We have never lucked out and gotten a nice table next to the window. Plus, we like late dining so it's typically dark by then anyway. Nothing to see.

This is from Carnival regarding requests for specific tables:

Question: Will it ever be possible to select a table size instead of waiting to speak to the Maitre d’ onboard?

Answer: Not at this time. The guest will need to speak to the Maitre d’ for specific table sizes.

Sorry...

:)

Carnival does not even allow you to pick your table size .. if you could pick your table and the table size .. everyone would want a oceanfront window at dinner.

If you want special treatment, you can always post to John to ask.

Nah, I don't need special treatment. I know the largest table is for ten and that's how many of us there are. I just didn't know if we could request a table or not. I thought about asking John where to ask, but I have a problem with all the people that write into him saying "I don't like the way you do things, but can you give me some free stuff". I think it's tacky. :) I read one today that said "it's my so and so's graduation so I think you should send her something". No "thank you", "please", nothing.

Suppose we wanted a specific table for dinner (ten of us). Is there some place I can find a diagram of the dining rooms? Is there a way to contact the Matre'd ahead of time to request a specific table? This was our table on the Conquest. Check out the view! Kind of a hard act to follow, but I told my kids I would see if we could pull it off. :D

IMG_7261.jpg

I had to look 3 times at the young man in the blue with glasses. I thought it was my nephew Cody. They look just alike. Amazing !:D

I think if you are a large group - much larger than 10, and the largest group on a given sailing, you can get the seating charts and request an area, but even then, I don't know that you can request specific tables.

I was hoping you would see this post. Looking at your pictures it looks like most of the tables for ten are on the outside, is that correct? Our bookings are all linked, so we should all be together for dinner (I hope), and it looks like the largest table they have seats ten. If it doesn't happen, not that big a deal, just thought the kids would be happy. Thanks.:)

I was hoping you would see this post. Looking at your pictures it looks like most of the tables for ten are on the outside, is that correct? Our bookings are all linked, so we should all be together for dinner (I hope), and it looks like the largest table they have seats ten. If it doesn't happen, not that big a deal, just thought the kids would be happy. Thanks.:)

As mentioned, there are circular tables for 10. Personally, I find these easier for conversation without shouting from one end to the other.

I did post seating charts - go fish. :D But it really won't do you much good. Just make sure all the reservations are linked.

I did see tables set up for more than 10 by the windows - just keep adding tables for two or four until you get the right number.

Charts are here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalMagic/May_10_2011/06SeaDay1/index2.htm

starting about #122, but as mentioned, they can change the configuration.

Thanks so much! I read your review, so if I missed the answers to these questions, please forgive me. Was the galley tour part of the Behind the Fun Tour? What were the prepackaged sandwiches for...room service? I don't remember having seen them on our cruise.

Thanks so much! I read your review, so if I missed the answers to these questions, please forgive me. Was the galley tour part of the Behind the Fun Tour? What were the prepackaged sandwiches for...room service? I don't remember having seen them on our cruise.

I don't think they were asked.

The galley tour was standalone and free. In theory, only Platinum are notified when it is, but you could probably just ask a maitre d' when it is.

The sandwiches were for Serenity on sea days. Not sure if they are available on all Serenity areas or not.

DSC_2044.JPG

For any others that are interested - lots of pictures and info on Carnival Magic from the first two cruises:

Carnival Magic Inaugural Venice Cruise May 1st Homepage is here

Carnival Magic Inaugural Barcelona Cruise May 10th Homepage is here

We usually are only 2 or 3 in our party but we always request a round 10 with other singles or small groups. We've always gotten a table with other friends traveling together like us BFFs. Not usually at the window because the long narrow ones fit better there, but we were so close to the windows we could see out of them, too. We were just one table for 8 away from the windows in the back and it was a spectacular view.:D

I don't think they were asked.

The galley tour was standalone and free. In theory, only Platinum are notified when it is, but you could probably just ask a maitre d' when it is.

The sandwiches were for Serenity on sea days. Not sure if they are available on all Serenity areas or not.

DSC_2044.JPG

For any others that are interested - lots of pictures and info on Carnival Magic from the first two cruises:

Carnival Magic Inaugural Venice Cruise May 1st Homepage is here

Carnival Magic Inaugural Barcelona Cruise May 10th Homepage is here

Thanks so much! We are so excited about the Magic and your information has been wonderful!

We usually are only 2 or 3 in our party but we always request a round 10 with other singles or small groups. We've always gotten a table with other friends traveling together like us BFFs. Not usually at the window because the long narrow ones fit better there, but we were so close to the windows we could see out of them, too. We were just one table for 8 away from the windows in the back and it was a spectacular view.:D

Sounds great! If we cant get one of the long ones, hopefully we will at least get close. :)

Soonerbaby, we were at table 522 in the Southern Lights dining room, which is a table for 10 right by the window. We had them add another table for 2 to accomodate the 12 of us which they gladly did. The view here would have been similar to yours except we had late sitting so it was dark out by then. As others have said, make sure you have your bookings cross referenced and wherever you end up you should all be together. Enjoy!

DSC00751.jpg

soonerbaby, we were at table 522 in the southern lights dining room, which is a table for 10 right by the window. We had them add another table for 2 to accomodate the 12 of us which they gladly did. The view here would have been similar to yours except we had late sitting so it was dark out by then. As others have said, make sure you have your bookings cross referenced and wherever you end up you should all be together. Enjoy!

dsc00751.jpg

nice !!

Soonerbaby, we were at table 522 in the Southern Lights dining room, which is a table for 10 right by the window. We had them add another table for 2 to accomodate the 12 of us which they gladly did. The view here would have been similar to yours except we had late sitting so it was dark out by then. As others have said, make sure you have your bookings cross referenced and wherever you end up you should all be together. Enjoy!

DSC00751.jpg

Beautiful! Thank you so much for posting. We can't wait to sail in March! Which sailing were you on?

Archived