Honolulu Hotel for just one night!

realmccoy

I need to find a cheap hotel for a one-night pre-cruise stay. We are staying on Oahu for one week post cruise on the beach in Kaaawa so I don't need anywhere fancy...just need a place to sleep. Any suggestions?

We are looking at the Aston Waikki Beach for two nights in September 2012 in a partial ov with their breakfast package "breakfast on the beach". We will stay two nights pre cruise (trying to get on Hawaii time from EST). I think they give you coolers if you want to take the breakfast to the beach. Our TA quoted us $328.00 AAA rate for the two nights. I thought that was a good rate with the breakfast. Hotel is at the end of Waikki near the zoo and Diamond Head. We stayed at the Park Shore many years ago and we do love that location

Just keep looking. I like to look on Expedia for their location map. You can see where all the hotels are located. You can do the same for the dining venues.

We are looking at the Aston Waikki Beach for two nights in September 2012 in a partial ov with their breakfast package "breakfast on the beach". We will stay two nights pre cruise (trying to get on Hawaii time from EST). I think they give you coolers if you want to take the breakfast to the beach. Our TA quoted us $328.00 AAA rate for the two nights. I thought that was a good rate with the breakfast. Hotel is at the end of Waikki near the zoo and Diamond Head. We stayed at the Park Shore many years ago and we do love that location

Just keep looking. I like to look on Expedia for their location map. You can see where all the hotels are located. You can do the same for the dining venues.

We stayed at the Aston on our preboard, and we had a great time!

Although it's a bit older, the staff is excellent, you are just across the street from the beach, and the "BOB" (Breakfast on the Beach) deal is great.

They have a nice breakfast buffet and do provide you a small collapsible icechest so that you can litterally have breakfast on the beach, the water lapping your toes. It is a great location, easy walk to the International Market (great "junk" shopping), Duke's Surf Club (great food, but a bit spendy) and within a block of Cheeseburgers in Paradise.

We used the icechests (one for each of us) all week during our cruise, and have even taken one to Cabo San Lucas when we travel there.

I would reccomend spending a few dollars more for an ocean front room (in our case, it was like $20 over an "ocean view")....with that, you'll gain a small balcony overlooking the beach and beach walkway. A great view late at night, early in the morning, or just anytime. Early in the morning you'll be able to watch your cruise ship steam into port.

Too....I would contact the Weston directly, they offered me a much better rate then I could find on the internet.

Thanks downsized, I will be seeing my TA next week and will see how much more money the of is instead of the partial ov.

When did you stay at the Aston Waikki Beach? One review I read somewhere said they did not have paper plates or plastic forks and spoons if you wanted to eat at the pool area instead of packing up the breakfast to take to the beach or to back to your room? Can you give me some info on this. We really just want something to eat on Friday morning before the Pearl Harbor tour at 8:45 (WW11 from the beginning to the end). Not sure where we will eat Friday night. Saturday we will probably head to the ship after another light breakfast.

You can definitely try Hotwire and Priceline to get better rates especially if you're only staying for one night. I've consistently gotten great rates using them.

If you're uncomfortable about not knowing what hotel you're getting, check http://betterbidding.com/ and it will gve you an idea what others have gotten on what type of property. I just booked my in-law's one night pre-cruise in Honolulu this coming November there with a 60% discount on what was posted on the hotel site. Hope that helps.

Thanks downsized, I will be seeing my TA next week and will see how much more money the of is instead of the partial ov.

When did you stay at the Aston Waikki Beach? One review I read somewhere said they did not have paper plates or plastic forks and spoons if you wanted to eat at the pool area instead of packing up the breakfast to take to the beach or to back to your room? Can you give me some info on this. We really just want something to eat on Friday morning before the Pearl Harbor tour at 8:45 (WW11 from the beginning to the end). Not sure where we will eat Friday night. Saturday we will probably head to the ship after another light breakfast.

We were there in August 2009, for just one night.

I can't remember what kind of dining ware that they had, but many people ate at the tables surrounding the pool. We thought of it, but some of those fine folks were the same (I'm certain) that hog the lounges aboard ship. Lots of empty tables being guarded by one beach towel each. We had a much more pleasant meal sitting on a park bench right on the beach, watching the birds, surfers, and beachcombers.

If you're uncomfortable about not knowing what hotel you're getting, check http://betterbidding.com/ and it will gve you an idea what others have gotten on what type of property. I just booked my in-law's one night pre-cruise in Honolulu this coming November there with a 60% discount on what was posted on the hotel site. Hope that helps.

I'll second viting the BetterBidding site... lots of good info there and stratagy.

Archived