Can We Make It????

kaleighsgram

I just flew out of MCO on Monday. Got on line at security at 4:26 PM...long line. Sign at the entrance point, where TSA checks your ID said "15 from this point". Husband said no way. Guess what? We were thru and on the other side in less than 15 minutes. And our flight was scheduled for 5:20.

And we checked luggage. Now is this the way it always is? Heck no. I've had incredibly long waits at MCO. But it seems that they may have gotten things worked out to our advantage.

If you do self debark, and have transportation waiting, you will probably make it. But if the airlines changed the time like this, you can get it moved for no cost.

Thanks for your concern....having left from MIA airport for both my other cruises, I don't remember the drive being 1 hour or more. Last November, our flight was leaving at 2:30, and we were sitting at the airport by 9:30...and used the Carnival shuttle.

At this point, I don't think I can change my flight - not without penalties. We will self-debark and grab a taxi at POM.

Understood :) Seems that there may some confusion....but yes, I'm leaving from MIA, as stated above :) Thanks!

Ahhh, that makes sense then. MIA is not Orlando, that's MCO. I think the confusion came from your first post referring to Orlando. But that would be a really long drive from the Dream. ;)

Thanks for your concern....having left from MIA airport for both my other cruises, I don't remember the drive being 1 hour or more. Last November, our flight was leaving at 2:30, and we were sitting at the airport by 9:30...and used the Carnival shuttle.

At this point, I don't think I can change my flight - not without penalties. We will self-debark and grab a taxi at POM.

Oh, so you're leaving from MIA.....ok, whew....I thought you were also leaving from Orlando......

Yeah, as long as you get early debarkation, you should be able to make an 11am flight. It's cutting it pretty close, so try and get to the airport early. MIA is also a zoo sometimes when the ships return. We waited forever in the security line.

Delta just notified us that our flight from Orlando Airport to Hartford, Ct. has been changed. Originally, it was scheduled for 12:30, which we felt would have been enough time to get off the Dream and to the airport in time. The flight is now scheduled for 11:10 a.m. We've never done this, so are questioning whether that would be enough time. Thoughts?????

When are you sailing? I had those exact flight times with Delta for my post-Dream cruise flight (I'll be on the Dream 9/10 sailing) and was also notified of the change. It was the second time delta changed it on us. Because they changed the flight time, even if its a non refundable ticket, they have to allow you to cancel an give you a refund if you request it. We cancelled our Delta flights and booked a flight from Orlando to Bradley Airport on JetBlue, and it actually came out cheaper than what we paid for Delta.

Good Luck to you.

Oh, so you're leaving from MIA.....ok, whew....I thought you were also leaving from Orlando......

Yeah, as long as you get early debarkation, you should be able to make an 11am flight. It's cutting it pretty close, so try and get to the airport early. MIA is also a zoo sometimes when the ships return. We waited forever in the security line.

Thanks again! I think we'll be OK as long as we're off the ship early enough :)

That's too tight if you ask me. All you need is to have a monkey wrench thrown into the mix (ship not clearing customs quickly, an accident on SR 528 heading towards Orlando Int'l)... no thanks! I'd opt to take the later flight and not be so stressed about cutting it close and missing the flight home.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I have a feeling we will be spending another night in WDW and catching the 11 a.m. flight on Sunday. There is a later flight on Saturday but it would mean sitting around the MCO airport until 6:30 with two little girls, our granddaughters, in tow. We're being very picky, trying to get a non-stop flight. Delta can get us to Hartford via Detroit, but we said no thanks. Go figure!:p:p

I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I knew I could count on you. Thanks again.

Pat

Delta has ALWAYS been very good with us when they change the times like that. Just give them a call and tell them the change doesn't work with your plans. They'll move you around.

I agree. I've had the same experience with Delta. By all means call!

Archived