What are your thoughts on The Haven?

lambs2

The following description is taken from an email:

"The Haven is a luxury concept that no cruise line is really providing the perfect product for until now! Younger or young at heart affluent couples and families are the ideal customer. People who love dining choices, big show entertainment, lively bars and lounges and of course who want their kids to have a great vacation as well, but who also like the good things in life and who will appreciate the privacy and upscale experience offered by The Haven - these are the target audience for The Haven and there are a lot of them out there!"

Sounds like a big expansion of the Villas concept that many of the NCL ships already have.

Here is a link for photos and further information: http://thehaven.ncl.com/

The courtyard on the Jewel class ships are small and intimate. I am not interested in a "affluent larger concept with elite children ruling the pool"... sorry JMHO. I look at the (current) courtyard, (excluding Epic perhaps), as being a sanctuary, a quiet place to lay out and read, or sleep.

Seems like NCL wants to target this more to families now. I would be disappointed if the courtyard ceased to be a relaxing place. In that event I would just stick to a penthouse.

The "Haven" is just the "Courtyard" re-named. It's not anything new.

Unfortunately, you're all very right about the "Haven/Courtyard," particularly on the Epic. We were very disappointed at how crowded the small pool area got, and how many families were letting their children run wild in what was an even smaller pool area than the main deck pool. There were many times when we headed down, hoping for a quiet dip in the pool, and a relaxing stay in the hot tub, only to find it so crowded that none of those things were possible.

Fortunately, that was the only small drawback in what was an otherwise wonderful experience in the Haven/Courtyard on the Epic. The suite, service, and dining in the Epic club made up for a lot!

New name, same concept. I suspect your experience with the "Haven" would depend on when you booked your cruise. When we were on the EPIC, the courtyard was very peaceful. Most of the kids were out at the waterslides. We never say more than 8 people out there at any given time.

Perhaps NCL will need to add an adults only spot for Villa suites. Princess has their 'Sanctuary' which is kid free and with a number of pampering features, but that is available for every adult on the ship who cares to pay the extra fees and not just for the top suites.

Archived