Departure flight from MIA

desertskies

You might make it, but it will be tight. For a 1045 flight you need to be at MIA by 9:00, meaning off the ship with bags and clear of customs by 8:30-8:40 -- the cab ride to MIA will take about 15+ minutes in traffic.

Better to get a flight closer to noon - do you want to finish your cruise in a sweat about your flight home? :confused:

That's what I was afraid of. The price difference to take a later flight is $300 more. Guess there is a reason it is so cheap. Might have to fly through Ft. Lauderdale instead. Anyone know how easy it is to go from the port to the Ft Lauderdale airport?

I am looking at a 10:45 am flight on Dec. 12th (a Monday) with 4 other cruise ship in dock. Would that be enough time?

It's also the weekend after Art Basel and Monday morning commuter traffic. I'd book something after 12noon for both MIA and FLL.

It is easy to get from POM to FLL - the ride takes about 35-45 minutes. SAS (www.ridesas.com) or QLS will take you in a shared shuttle for about $15 per person. A taxi will make the run from POM to FLL for about $85+ :eek: I would still look for a noon or later flight; good luck! :)

I think we will end up taking a flight out of FLL. Not sure what we are going to do for the hours in between. Maybe we will take a post-cruise excursion to kill some time since it looks like the flight we will probably take will leave at 4:30.

Archived