How early should I book a Oct 2012 cruise to Caribbean?

psadvocate

I am taking my honeymoon on the Carnival Dream Oct 20th 2012 - I am just wondering how far in advance I should book? They have the 20% early savings discount right now..but I have also heard travel sites give you good discounts in January/February too. Any advice?

I always book when I know I have the vacation time secured so that I am assured of getting the best selection of cabins to choose from. If you are after a specific cabin, or perhaps a suite, the earlier the better. If you don't really care, and are just after a general type of cabin, you are probably fine waiting until a sale comes along you think is a better deal.

I would ask on the Carnival forum

There seems to be some pitfalls in their early booking prices

But usually the earlier you book the better chance of get the cabin of your choice

If you are cruising in the Caribbean keep in mind it is Hurricane season & you may or may not get to the ports if there is a storm

The cruise line will change or cancel the ports for the safety of ship & passenger

Go to the Med ...nicer weather ;)

I always book early. That gives you the best choice of cabins. If the fare late goes down you should be able to get the reduction, either to the fare directly or in OBC. If it goes up, you are protected at the lower rate.

I book as early as I can. There are a few restrictions with early saver, but as long as you are 100% on the dates you are traveling and the person you are traveling with (since this is a honeymoon cruise I'm sure that's pretty much set in stone) early saver can work great.

Archived