Singapore cruiseterminal

CMorgan

We will be disembarking in Singapore and was wondering where does the ship drop off passengers who are staying in singapore and not going to the airport. I did a search in this forum, but all I found was that the Diamond Princess docks in a container port. Are there taxis available at the container port?

We will be disembarking in Singapore and was wondering where does the ship drop off passengers who are staying in singapore and not going to the airport. I did a search in this forum, but all I found was that the Diamond Princess docks in a container port. Are there taxis available at the container port?

When are you actually cruising? The new Singapore Cruise Terminal is due to open later this year.

It doesn't matter if you are going to the airport or staying in Singapore, the ship will disembark you at the same place, either the container dock or the Cruise Centre. Normally there is a shuttle bus from the container berth to the Cruise Centre where there are taxi and a MRT station.

Here is a link to the Singapore Cruise Centre, you can search the schedule to find your ship and where it is due to berth, CC1 and CC2 are Cruise Centre and Gateway is the container port.

Ron

You will have no trouble disembarking in Spore - you will find lots of taxis just waiting for you! There is also an MRT (underground) station there, but presumably that is not an option coming off a cruise with loads of luggage!

The cruise terminal is being updated at the moment, it is not being moved.

The cruise terminal is being updated at the moment, it is not being moved.

The current cruise terminal is not being updated or moved.

Singapore is build a new and additional Internation Cruise Terminal at Marina Bay South due to ope later this year, with two berths for the larger cruise ships:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1008890/1/.html

http://www.google.de/search?q=Singapore+International+Cruise+Terminal&hl=de&rlz=1G1ACPW_DEDE441&prmd=ivnsm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KAM9TtTxM4_KsgbO1IgV&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=586

Ron

The openning of the new Singapore Cruise Terminal is delayed to 2nd quarter, hopefully by Mid May 2011. Prior to this opening, Diamond Princess will wharf at container port. Pessengers and luggages will be bussed to the present cruise terminal where taxi and subway train are available.

Taxis are cheap, plentiful, and honest. Better than a bus.

You must be careful at the cruise term in regards to taxis. There are several "drivers" that hang around there waiting for people coming off the ships. They were charging $35 US to the city the last time I was there as opposed to the $15SG the real taxis. There are signs to the taxis. Never go with a driver that asks you if you want a taxi.

Jeffrey

You must be careful at the cruise term in regards to taxis. There are several "drivers" that hang around there waiting for people coming off the ships. They were charging $35 US to the city the last time I was there as opposed to the $15SG the real taxis. There are signs to the taxis. Never go with a driver that asks you if you want a taxi.

Jeffrey

Thanks for the tip. I'll be on the lookout for them.

Spore is very strict about taxi touts - it's illegal basically. Every place has an official "taxi queue". So just join that and all the taxis will be legitimate. I have not encountered an tout, so you were very unlucky. Could have reported the number plate really.

When are you actually cruising? The new Singapore Cruise Terminal is due to open later this year.

It doesn't matter if you are going to the airport or staying in Singapore, the ship will disembark you at the same place, either the container dock or the Cruise Centre. Normally there is a shuttle bus from the container berth to the Cruise Centre where there are taxi and a MRT station.

Here is a link to the Singapore Cruise Centre, you can search the schedule to find your ship and where it is due to berth, CC1 and CC2 are Cruise Centre and Gateway is the container port.

Ron

Can you please post again the link to the Cruise Centre? Thanks

Archived