Are Slenda Packets available in FOS dining locations?

My wife and I like to "brew" our own tea at meals because we don't usually care for the taste of the iced tea on board. This is our first time on RCI, is Splenda readily available on the ship, or do we need to bring our own?

One week from today, we will be boarding :D:D:D

I know the Enchantment had yellow packets (Spleanda) three weeks ago. In some cases we had to ask for it but they had it. The packet did not say Splenda but then the blue packet does not say Equal or the pink Sweet-N-Low either. My friend the Splenda person assured me it tasted like Splenda.

Before my Voyager cruise in Jan., I was cautioned by someone on these boards that I will see pink, yellow and blue packets of sugar-free sweetener. They are all the same. I was amazed! All 3 had the same exact ingredients, not sure what but they weren't S&L, equal or splenda. I brought my own spenda. That was one of the best tips I got on CC.

WE were on the Explorer 2 weeks ago, and as the above posters stated,they had blue, pink and yellow packets. The yellow packets were never out; I had to ask for them. I did read the ingredients, and the yellow packet is Sucralose, which is what Splenda is, but it is hard to come by. Sometimes I would ask for it, but never get it, and it was never available in the Windjammer. On my next cruise I will bring my own, because I felt like I was being a pain asking all the time, but I do not like the other sweeteners at all. As a matter of fact, I used sugar a couple of times, because I don't like the aftertaste of Sweet and Low and Equal.

My wife and I like to "brew" our own tea at meals because we don't usually care for the taste of the iced tea on board. This is our first time on RCI, is Splenda readily available on the ship, or do we need to bring our own?

One week from today, we will be boarding :D:D:D

I'm an old fashioned sugar junkie, therefore, I never pay attention to what else is on the table. But to play it safe, just bring your own. It's not like it will go to waste if you don't use it, you'll always take it back home with you:) Happy sailing my fellow tea totalers (sp?):D

(except when I'm drinking coffee;))

The yellow packets with the Royal Caribbean logo/name on them are NOT Splenda.

It may not be Splenda, but it had the same ingredients listed. I am a Splenda junkie, so I made sure to read the pack. I just bought a generic brand of Splenda like product at the store for a lot less than Splenda costs. It tastes like Splenda (almost) without the cost. I believe that RC has done the same thing.

I know the Enchantment had yellow packets (Spleanda) three weeks ago. In some cases we had to ask for it but they had it. The packet did not say Splenda but then the blue packet does not say Equal or the pink Sweet-N-Low either. My friend the Splenda person assured me it tasted like Splenda.

Ok, so I had trouble typing and spelling at the same time....

It may not be Splenda, but it had the same ingredients listed. I am a Splenda junkie, so I made sure to read the pack. I just bought a generic brand of Splenda like product at the store for a lot less than Splenda costs. It tastes like Splenda (almost) without the cost. I believe that RC has done the same thing.

I have gone thru this in other posts about this....I use Splenda all the time and those yellow packets may have the same ingredient but it's like trying to compare generic cola to Coke. I brought my own Splenda this past sailing and I can tell you for sure that there is a noticeable taste comparison between them;)

I have gone thru this in other posts about this....I use Splenda all the time and those yellow packets may have the same ingredient but it's like trying to compare generic cola to Coke. I brought my own Splenda this past sailing and I can tell you for sure that there is a noticeable taste comparison between them;)

There is for sure. But, if you are not completely set on Splenda, then it may work. I do agree though that you should bring your own. I plan to next time, because whether there really is a taste difference or not, I did taste a difference.

My adventure in trying to save money ended the same way. I taste the difference; I just have to decide if the money saved is worth that difference. At this point, I would say, "Not really" because I do really like my Splenda. BJ's has it at a reasonable price. :) Otherwise, I would be willing to pay less for a little less satisfaction.

It really did disappoint me though that when I did ask for the yellow packets that they were even hard to get.

Splenda is Sucrolose and Nutrasweet is Aspertame. Both are different. All 3 colored packets on Voyager in Jan. were Nutrasweet. There were no yellow splenda packets. Perhaps if you ask, it could be brought out.

Sometimes there is actual Splenda, other times there is Nutrasweet branded sucralose which is the same ingredient as Splenda. You just have to read the packets and ask if you don't see what you want available.

This is a fact.....Nutrasweet branded sucralose. ....same ingred as Splenda. Ouiiiiii. I am done. Just trying to help the original poster. They have a similar product to Splenda....not Splenda but same ingred. (read the label....I did). I would bring your own, because whether it is Splenda or Nutrasweet yellow packet SUCRALOSE, it is hard to come by.

Thanks everyone for all the input. I think I have learned 2 valuable lessons today.

1] If you have your heart set on a specific brand food item, you are best to bring it your self, and

2] proof read ALL the post before you hit submit. :D

You all have a great week. Next week this time I will be on the FOS for the first time.

DH prefers Splenda and I swear that's what was on Enchantment and Explorer, but I use neither anymore. I feel 1000% better since quitting artificial sweeteners. Regardless, sugar only has 14 calories per teaspoon. So, unless you can't have sugar, it really makes almost no difference in coffee, on cereal, etc.

Archived