Carnival stock is down to 30.31 a share. Wanting to hit the buy botton....

ssatterly

What kind of OBC do you get for being a stockholder?

The shareholder OBC can be applied to any cruise line in the CCL umbrella. Princess, Carnival, Holland, Costa, Cunard, QE

We bought ours several years ago and have recouped our money via OBC.

Shirley

6 days or less= $50.00

7 to 13 days = $100.00

14 days or more=$250.00

so why not just buy one of the "future cruise certificates" it costs 100.00 but they put that 100 towards your cruise purchase PLUS give you 100 OBC for a 7 day cruise. So technically it doesnt cost a thing and you get 100 obc. I have purchased 5 of these certificates now over the past year or so. They are awesome! I have thought about buying into CCL stock myself until I seen these certificates.

so why not just buy one of the "future cruise certificates" it costs 100.00 but they put that 100 towards your cruise purchase PLUS give you 100 OBC for a 7 day cruise. So technically it doesnt cost a thing and you get 100 obc. I have purchased 5 of these certificates now over the past year or so. They are awesome! I have thought about buying into CCL stock myself until I seen these certificates.

There's no reason why you can't do both....have the stock credit AND the future cruise credit. We do both :D

There's no reason why you can't do both....have the stock credit AND the future cruise credit. We do both :D

On my next cruise I will have at least 300 OBC...100 for my FCC. 100 For the group cruise and 100 for shareholder

Yippieee

On my next cruise I will have at least 300 OBC...100 for my FCC. 100 For the group cruise and 100 for shareholder

Yippieee

You can use it to buy yourself something special but be careful. I had a lot of OBC on our April cruise and bought a nice Citizen Eco-Drive watch with what I didn't use for tips. However, I found it for $20 less on the web when I got home. I made a feeble attempt to recoup the difference but didn't follow through when the Carnival rep I emailed told me that the ship stores are run by a third party. From now on, I'll only buy from the ship stores what I've already researched.

I only checked the price to see how much I saved and, instead, wound up feeling a little bad.

Carnival stock is down 35% over the last 5 years. Why in Gods name would ANYONE dump over $3000 into a stock like that to get a lousy 100 bucks in on board credit. Think about it for a minute. If a person puts $3000 there 5 years ago it would be worth less than $2000 today. You'd have to book at a minimum 10 cruises on Carnival just to break even. The added thing too is that Carnival has you right where they want you. You would feel obliged to cruise with them to get your money's worth instead of shopping around for better deals on other lines.

This program makes absolutely no fiscal sense whatsoever.

I have a little over $3800 in my stock investment and have currently gotten back $1100 in OBC ..I am gettin another $500 for the cruises I currently have booked but not sailed...So I look at it as I have 110 shares at $2300.....:)....Dennis

I have a little over $3800 in my stock investment and have currently gotten back $1100 in OBC ..I am gettin another $500 for the cruises I currently have booked but not sailed...So I look at it as I have 110 shares at $2300.....:)....Dennis

Way to go! We have cruises #23, #24, and #25 booked and I'm thinking about squeezing in a 4 night Princess or 7 night Carnival from a local port next fall. The OBC, like the FCC, is the icing on the cake

If you want to know what is going to happen in the future, go over and ask the experts posting on the stock thread on the Royal Caribbean board. They seem to know the future for all. They're experts. Just ask them.

LOL! I'm heading there now! Do they have a thread on how we can achieve world peace??

If you want to know what is going to happen in the future, go over and ask the experts posting on the stock thread on the Royal Caribbean board. They seem to know the future for all. They're experts. Just ask them.

just got back from the RCCL thread on stock. Very interesting.

Points learned...

Market is down.

Buy low, sell high.

Elvis HAS left the building.

Seriously - One thing I did learn was that you can not combine OBC specials with RCCL. On Carnival you can use OBC from multiple sources including the stock credit potentially totaling a pretty nice sum. On RCCL you must choose one OBC which means you might never use your stock OBC. Seems like Carnival's stock has much better perks.

I do believe one shouldn't buy either stock for just the OBC, but my husband and I invest in stock anyway. Carnival's stock perk is just icing on the chocolate melting cake.

Right now CCL is basically where it was only year ago. August 25th 2010 the price was $30.65.

In that same time, shareholders were paid $0.60 a share in dividends.

/quote]

Not sure where you're getting the $0.60 sh. in dividends.

In the time period I mentioned, there were two .25 and one .10 payout... that's .60 per share...

HOW do you buy it & what is the least amount you can buy :D. Newbie here, don't slam me.

You have to either use your broker of use an online service like scottrade, sharebuilder, etc. You can buy a share at a time if you want, but you need 100 shares to get the OBC credit.

• 2 weeks later...

The "smart money" says the panic will start on August 31. Now all we have to do is decide if the "smart money" knows anything. Usually, it doesn't.

Pick a number and put in a buy order. The fact is Carnival Corp. is one of the most fundamentally sound companies in the world. Unlike some of the major operators, it is not so heavily leveraged that a downturn will destroy all value.

Doc

Archived